Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pacifism Defect: Hotfix 19.12.2

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Still no fix for these equinox forms when applying metamorph and switched to other appearance loadout.

Reveal hidden contents

Can be replicated by switching metamorph to day/night form in appearance, and then switch to other appearance loadout (A B C) on her.17191809_1586723021355726_3319371311572817038783_1586723004689061_75504267706083 Making the whole body except helmet and dangly bits stay in twilight/transition form. This sometimes happens in game also after activating focus.

Requote cuz fixed missing image

Shame most of us did not know about this:

• Fixed Vauban’s Bastille and Vortex lingering in tiles after players have left said tile.This resulted in enemies continually being damaged or immobile even after the ability ended.

Maybe we all could have done 5k+ runs.

1 minute ago, Tailsplush said:

still no fix for mid active clans to get the igis with slot tough

It isnt called "VICTORY TIER" without a reason, even it's kinda easier to compete and enter the Hardcore TIer (10% top score on each tier) than reaching Victory tier.

Just now, Xsoskeleton said:

It isnt called "VICTORY TIER" without a reason, even it's kinda easier to compete and enter the Hardcore TIer (10% top score on each tier) than reaching Victory tier.

Yeah but the point is they advertised Hardcore tier as supposed to be the harder, more competitive Tier. 

The idea would be that clans would reach Victory Tier and then continue to fight to be the very, very best. 

Instead, for a lot of tiers (Moon being the most dramatic example) it is instead most clans have given up on even reaching Victory at all because the amounts are just insane, and are instead just competing to maintain their place in the top 10% if they can. 

For example, Moon Clans: Check the leaderboard. With only a few week days left (usually vast majority happens over weekend), we are looking like at most 1, maybe two (and possibly zero) moon clans will reach Victory Tier. I agree it is supposed to be competitive and take an effort, but I don't think even DE expected that few clans to be able to make it. They need to lower this before the end, or a lot of people are going to feel like they were given an impossible goal from the start. 

If even the very best, most organized clans are struggling, we can't just blame the clans anymore. 

37 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Vauban’s Bastille and Vortex lingering in tiles after players have left said tile.This resulted in enemies continually being damaged or immobile even after the ability ended.

Does this actually mean you can no longer drop a bastille for your team and go elsewhere? I mean, fix the bug, but don't destroy Booben. At least he was a niche competitor to frost, but who will ever use him after this?

1 minute ago, Mudfam said:

Does this actually mean you can no longer drop a bastille for your team and go elsewhere? I mean, fix the bug, but don't destroy Booben. At least he was a niche competitor to frost, but who will ever use him after this?

This means you wont have a ghost bastille hanging out even after your ability has supposedly worn off.

I haven't been able to test this yet, but I am assuming that they just meant that it was lingering after the duration ends? If I am wrong they did something very, very wrong to Vauban and they need to reverse it. But I didn't read it as them meaning it wouldn't linger while its duration would still going. 

As the patch note did says "this resulted in enemies continually being damaged or immobile even after the ability ended". 

4 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

I don't think that it's the case

But still no change for the outrageous requirements for victory tier. The weekend is over, and things are gonna slow down. Even with a last minute rush of people making attempts, I doubt more than MAYBE the first Moon clan is gonna make it to the victory tier. At this point I'm just waiting for the post-event announcement apologizing for expecting that much and some note about them considering how they want to handle it without any definite info.

Edited by KichiK

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah but the point is they advertised Hardcore tier as supposed to be the harder, more competitive Tier. 

The idea would be that clans would reach Victory Tier and then continue to fight to be the very, very best. 

Instead, for a lot of tiers (Moon being the most dramatic example) it is instead most clans have given up on even reaching Victory at all because the amounts are just insane, and are instead just competing to maintain their place in the top 10% if they can. 

For example, Moon Clans: Check the leaderboard. With only a few week days left (usually vast majority happens over weekend), we are looking like at most 1, maybe two (and possibly zero) moon clans will reach Victory Tier. I agree it is supposed to be competitive and take an effort, but I don't think even DE expected that few clans to be able to make it. They need to lower this before the end, or a lot of people are going to feel like they were given an impossible goal from the start. 

If even the very best, most organized clans are struggling, we can't just blame the clans anymore. 

Tho, really, what's the point reaching victory tier except u dont have to spend resources on crafting ignis wraith, and save up 20-32 platinum for potato and weapon slot, which by itself, easily achieveable by adding few trades to get plats and craft the weapon using the bp given if u reached participant tier. And not everyone likes to last long in the mission repeating same things for mroe than 2h, some ppl does take up on 20h+ but only a glimpse of players would do that.

People got things other than Warframe to do (though what am i to talk about that lol), as long as they still able to get the bp no need to push far, afterall its just a slight beefed status crit ignis (2 less base damage doesnt really matter i think) and a 3k mastery fodder.

8 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

People used to leave them to make those bastilles lasts forever cuz dura ends but vauban is nowhere near the bastille making it goes on like forever, they fixed it to make the bastille ends according the duration of the thrower, regardless the location of the Vauban who threw it

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I haven't been able to test this yet, but I am assuming that they just meant that it was lingering after the duration ends? If I am wrong they did something very, very wrong to Vauban and they need to reverse it. But I didn't read it as them meaning it wouldn't linger while its duration would still going. 

As the patch note did says "this resulted in enemies continually being damaged or immobile even after the ability ended". 

I know they bug out sometimes and don't get removed, but the wording on these release notes makes it sound like they made the bastille vanish after players leave, not when it expires. If it was an actual simple bugfix to the eternal bastilles and vortices the wording could have been much simpler.

3 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Tho, really, what's the point reaching victory tier except u dont have to spend resources on crafting ignis wraith, and save up 20-32 platinum for potato and weapon slot, which by itself, easily achieveable by adding few trades to get plats and craft the weapon using the bp given if u reached participant tier. And not everyone likes to last long in the mission repeating same things for mroe than 2h, some ppl does take up on 20h+ but only a glimpse of players would do that.

People got things other than Warframe to do (though what am i to talk about that lol), as long as they still able to get the bp no need to push far, afterall its just a slight beefed status crit ignis (2 less base damage doesnt really matter i think) and a 3k mastery fodder.

This sounds like you're arguing it's fine as is, but the argument just talks about how much grinding is expected vs what people can actually do, and that's in support of lowering it, if anything. Plus, while for the people with enough time to do this, the extra 32p worth of goodies doesn't mean much, it means a LOT MORE to people who aren't as capable of getting the kind of score necessary to save on that plat.

Edited by KichiK

37 minutes ago, Rothrolan said:

More players in your clan means you should be able to multi-man many squads at once. Actually talk to your clan and get a "signup" or something going. be lucky, as our clan only really has 5 regular players out of the 30 that are in it, so we're carrying just because we like attempting to get such an accomplishment.

When only one clan out of all mountain clans currently has achieved Victory tier, and not a single Moon clan has achieved Victory, I think that's not exactly right.  "Hardcore" implied "harder than Victory tier", and "for really competitive clans", but even the most large competitive clans are having trouble reaching Victory tier, but are able to reach Hardcore.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

4 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

No the reward isn't that valuable in the end, I agree. It is just the crafting requirements + slot + catalyst. 

But it's not really about the reward itself. It is about the fact that clearly, DE GREATLY mismanaged their own expectations for what clans could achieve. They overestimated not just a little bit, but a lot. Like a whole lot. 

I know they bug out sometimes and don't get removed, but the wording on these release notes makes it sound like they made the bastille vanish after players leave, not when it expires. If it was an actual simple bugfix to the eternal bastilles and vortices the wording could have been much simpler.

I agree that it could have been worded a lot better. I also wish they would have worded the bit about the Simulor and given us some specifics -- still waiting on an answer for that. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I agree that it could have been worded a lot better. I also wish they would have worded the bit about the Simulor and given us some specifics -- still waiting on an answer for that. 

Key word there being "if". I still suspect they worked around the bug by nerfing booben rather than actually fixing it.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Vauban’s Bastille and Vortex lingering in tiles after players have left said tile.This resulted in enemies continually being damaged or immobile even after the ability ended.

Ha! Ha ha ha! Can't have too many people getting high scores in the event now can we?
Just really funny that this bug has been around a long time, and only now do they decide to fix it XD

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

But it's not really about the reward itself. It is about the fact that clearly, DE GREATLY mismanaged their own expectations for what clans could achieve. They overestimated not just a little bit, but a lot. Like a whole lot. 

(I was sarcastically pointing how DE overestimated clans by showing that it's not even worth pushing far for a feeble profit with these high goal to reach)
but i guess my logic doesnt run on the same realm with others.

Just now, Xsoskeleton said:

(I was sarcastically pointing how DE overestimated clans by showing that it's not even worth pushing far for a feeble profit with these high goal to reach)
but i guess my logic doesnt run on the same realm with others.

Ah I get what you were saying now. Reading it from that angle I agree with your post, no offense but the way you wrote I was having a little difficulty understanding you, I should have asked for clarification instead of assuming I knew what you meant. 

Indeed it is kind of funny. They expect a huge amount of grinding, and all you are fighting for is basically 32P and a few resources. That is indeed an interesting way of looking at it, good point.