The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet jump and Valkyr rip line..does Val need a new 1?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Supposedly, Ripline can bring a select enemy mob into melee range.

Unfortunately, it pulls with the power of twenty freight trains, leaving mobs in the outback. (Often same issue with Pull for close mobs)

One would imagine it better functioning the way a Grineer Scorpion (or MK Scorpion) or Ancient uses theirs, bringing them in for a Ground or standard Finisher.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

If we could make it better? like pulling multiple enemies or being able to use it on the run..like ash's 2?

Would be nice to use it on the run if your using it as a utility but I always jump before I use it just because she doesnt move when she activates it. Ive gotten so use to it that it doesnt even bother me anymore.

7 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

In my opinion her 1 is very weak. Her 1 should be very fast, so it will be as running away from a bad situations, because not everyone focus on her 4th ability.

Her 1 is actually really strong if you combo it, basically the same as Atlas I use it in hysteria all the time.

Bullet jump isn't exactly like Rip line, just so I can easily explain the differences, Bullet jump is more like Naruto and Hulk's jumping, and Rip line is more like Spider man, I actually use both bullet jump and rip line when I play Valkyr, most of the time it's to get to places bullet jump can't get me, but at the top of the jump combined with rip line, I can easily get to some of the void loot rooms from the bottom floor without having to even touch a wall. Where as bullet jump, I have to do alot of wall clinging and running to get to loot rooms in high places.

5 minutes ago, RunningTree3 said:

Unfortunately, it pulls with the power of twenty freight trains, leaving mobs in the outback. (Often same issue with Pull for close mobs)

One would imagine it better functioning the way a Grineer Scorpion (or MK Scorpion) or Ancient uses theirs, bringing them in for a Ground or standard Finisher.

Althrough this sounds cool. This would leave her wide open with enemy units just firing upon you. 

I would be happy if it had an instant cast time.

Sometimes I fall and try to use it to recover; but it always takes too long and the game respawns me back on the platform with my ult reset. That is the only time I really try to use it, so if I could actually use it for that it would be nice.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

& Vauban still has his jump pad

It still has its niche uses, anyone who's stuck a few around an Interception terminal can tell you as much. :P Bounce is still functional, if rather niche. Then again, that could be said of every mine in Minelayer.

Anyhow, back on topic:

---

Yeah, Ripline has its issues, but its mobility is just an additional feature of the ability. The main problem I see is that it doesn't really mesh well with the rest of her melee-oriented kit, by failing to fulfill its purpose. If it were more reliable, I could appreciate its "pulls enemies into melee range" properties, but as it is it... Well, 90% of the time it just does this to them:

tumblr_m9u4zexxjp1rujf4e-gif.66977

So IMO it just needs to be more reliable, AKA have the physics of the pulling effect adjusted. If that happened, it'd be a quick and dirty bit of single-target CC that opens priority targets like Bombards, Techs, and Heavy Gunners up to Ground Finishers.

You misspelled "Zephyr" there.

I just remade her and trolled the event with a rank 0 version of her(didn't get downed so no clue why people rage quited). Her 1st is absolutely useless. At least her 2 can be used all the time for some melee CC.

I've been using Ripline to:

-Attack an enemy while reloading a weapon

-Ranged CC (Bombard?! Ripline!)

-Adjust and augment Bullet jumps. A quick and timely ripline can pull you farther along or help you tweak your course while airborne. 

It's a "#1" ability and they do mostly tend towards being fairly weak so it's probably about as good as it's going to get unless someday DE decides to take a look at #1's in general.

Ah, and Bonus Utility sometimes if you're in a mission with an AFK leecher.  You just might be able to drag them off to some exotic location, most hopefully somewhere out of Affinity sharing range, haha =p

Cheers!
~R~

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Althrough this sounds cool. This would leave her wide open with enemy units just firing upon you. 

Currently, Ripline cast on an enemy already locks Valkyr in place in the animation.

The suggestion was for a fix in the 'physics' of the pull.

Think like the way Inaros Devour can pull in a mob, but quicker, and opening to some sort of Finisher.

2 minutes ago, RunningTree3 said:

Currently, Ripline cast on an enemy already locks Valkyr in place in the animation.

The suggestion was for a fix in the 'physics' of the pull.

Think like the way Inaros Devour can pull in a mob, but quicker, and opening to some sort of Finisher.

I never understood why Ripline and Mag's Pull flings enemies instead of actually pulling them. This bug me so much. Especially with Mag.

Ripline ain't just about mobility. It's an attack and can be leveraged as CC as well.

It's more reliable than bullet jumping in tight spaces and looks cooler into the bargain.

It's fine as is. More refined physics wouldn't be unwelcome, but it's perfectly usable in its present state.

8 hours ago, RunningTree3 said:

This