Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Umbra Warframes are just temporary transformations that changes the warframes appearence and stats (that can be unlocked) sort of like a super saiyan?

Archenius

EQUINOX UMBRA BLUEPRINT

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT 

EQUINOX UMBRA NIGHT ASPECT

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT NEUROPICS

EQUINOX UMBRA NIGHT ASPECT NEUROPICS

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT CHASSIS

EQUINOX UMBRA NIGHT ASPECT CHASSIS

EQUINOX UMBRA NIGHT ASPECT SYSTEMS

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT SYSTEMS

i always thought of this but with the Prime versions. I mean, once u get the prime warframe u wanted, u pretty much no longer use its normal counterpart cuz why would you? the prime version is like a super saiyan, it's just better, there's no need to use the normal one ever again. So to be honest, i'd prefer they do this "transformation" thing on the normal warframes so they can access their prime form through the course of the game missions and stuff. But the deal is that i think this goes against the lore, tho im not totally sure.

11 minutes ago, _enon said:

EQUINOX UMBRA BLUEPRINT

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT 

Made my day :D

8 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe. If it's a shadow aspect of Excalibur/Prime that is achieve by transformation, I hope it's abilities become different too.

8 hours ago, Restartmind111 said:

i always thought of this but with the Prime versions. I mean, once u get the prime warframe u wanted, u pretty much no longer use its normal counterpart cuz why would you? the prime version is like a super saiyan, it's just better, there's no need to use the normal one ever again. So to be honest, i'd prefer they do this "transformation" thing on the normal warframes so they can access their prime form through the course of the game missions and stuff. But the deal is that i think this goes against the lore, tho im not totally sure.

Yes I agree! i do hope my theory is right so that we don't have to get more warframe slots

32 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe. If it's a shadow aspect of Excalibur/Prime that is achieve by transformation, I hope it's abilities become different too.

Imagine if that mecanic works like the transformation of Sonic The Hedgehog "2": gather 10 void traces and you have 100 seconds of Umbra Powers

On 3/10/2017 at 6:27 AM, (Xbox One)SeiryokuGust said:

Imagine if that mecanic works like the transformation of Sonic The Hedgehog "2": gather 10 void traces and you have 100 seconds of Umbra Powers

Or like Pokemon where a waframe can mega evolve with a certain item

If Umbra is made to be some evolution ability, DE won't waste their resources and time to make a new model(like Excalibur Umbra) just for a few seconds of evolution. They would probably make some new effects(like void corruption).

I really want Excal Umbra, coz I want an upgrade for my vanilla Excal.

Edited by LogaMC1995

It is a nice idea and perhaps a new frame in the future will use it... but not all.... technically DE has to build 2 different 3D model just for 1 frame and 1 of them only appear when activated temporary... it's a waste of man-hours, not to mention rigging that extra 3D model.. texture it etc etc etc

It is a nice idea to have on a future warframe... but not every one.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:49 PM, Restartmind111 said:

That would be lore breaking actually, for one simple reason.

Primes are the original, Orokin made, warframes/weapons. Anything you get in regular star chart is a modern recreation that only just achieves the usability of the original, hence why primes are better.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Well I guess I'd never see the True Umbra abilities if that's the case, I absolutely loathe Excalibur, so if I had to play him like vanilla Excalibur for a while to get momentary play of Umbra, he's just gonna get shelved.

There's no reason to believe the Umbras will have different abilities to the regulars/primes, so you might wanna just ignore Excal Umbra completely then.

Someone should create a Warframe version of the DJ Khalid "Another One" meme so that we use it every time someone brings up Umbra and Excalibur Prime.

Seriously, we need more contents right now and that takes first priority than just Umbra, AT LEAST ASK FOR A QUEST TOO!!!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost
I just went Super Triggered Saiyan...

On 9.3.2017 at 10:48 PM, _enon said:

EQUINOX UMBRA BLUEPRINT

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT 

All of them are Dropped from the Umbra Stalker. 

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 3:48 PM, _enon said:

EQUINOX UMBRA BLUEPRINT

EQUINOX UMBRA DAY ASPECT 

Ah, just wait till the Prime variant gets released. The grind will be very real for both Prime and Umbra.