Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Plot Twist

So hear me out about this you guys. We (gamers) tend to see our player characters as heroes, paragons of virtue, honor and justice. That seems to be what the Lotus wants us to be as well BUT (here is the twist) what if future lore revealed that tenno were actually the bad guys? I mean, it is probably not likely to be the case, but there is some small evidence that MIGHT be able to create the foundation of such a twist. I mean, we slaughtered the Orokin High Council just when they'd won the Old War. We have done nothing but kill countless billions of grineer and corpus. Just, what IF, we were the bad guys and not the good guys? I think it would be an interesting plot to explore but like I said, I don't think its likely.

But what do you guys think? Does it sound interesting to you, or just to me?

Well, to be fair, "Good" and "Bad" are extremely subjective concepts.

A murderous barbarian could slaughter a village: Bad for the village, good for the survival of the barbarian tribe.

And as for warframes, it's hinted that our killing of the Orokin was in no small part due to Sentient Natah's / Lotus's interference.

We were puppetmasters being puppeted by a puppet of a "race" of AI that was created as a puppet of the orokin....

...seems kinda silly when you put it like that, doesn't it?

Edited by chainchompguy3

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

My point still stands, what if we were the bad guys. Not good or neutral. But bad to the bone. *Guitar rift*

That depends define good guys and bad guys.

As far as im concerned like @aligatorno said we just take a neutral stance but do whatever must be done to keep it balanced. And as to why i said to define those 2 things as far as everyone is concerned during a war they ARE the good guys regardless of whatever started the war or who. I forgot the phrase but it goes something like: "The winner dictates who was the evil and who was the good."

In my eyes good and bad not applys in Warframe, just different goals each faction follows even Syndicats.

And my personal thought is i never liked Lotus really as our guidance, she also does "good" ways and intention with her own kind of selfish goals.

Before Vor started the lore-train there was absolutely no reason for us to be doing anything besides lotus told us to. We killed millions for a 0.03 chance at a mod. The lore tries to make us out to be heroes, but we still kill millions indiscriminately for a tiny chance at loot. We never try to negotiate, with anyone, despite possessing by far the most powerful military and weapons. We use guerrilla tactics to undermine ridiculous things like mining operations, cloning facilities, and gladiator arenas. Whenever a problem presents itself (sentients, infested, kuva fortress) we suddenly don't care about the supposedly important stuff to the balancing of the galaxy. We just murder anything that has a proper society until they are back in the stone age, sleep and repeat. Everybody feels like they are the hero. Though definitively, the only positive thing we have done is scared the sentients off from taking over the mindless Grineer, and heartless Corpus. Wonder when we get to visit the Tau system to destroy their society....

Just now, F8ted said:

Before Vor started the lore-train there was absolutely no reason for us to be doing anything besides lotus told us to. We killed millions for a 0.03 chance at a mod. The lore tries to make us out to be heroes, but we still kill millions indiscriminately for a tiny chance at loot. We never try to negotiate, with anyone, despite possessing by far the most powerful military and weapons. We use guerrilla tactics to undermine ridiculous things like mining operations, cloning facilities, and gladiator arenas. Whenever a problem presents itself (sentients, infested, kuva fortress) we suddenly don't care about the supposedly important stuff to the balancing of the galaxy. We just murder anything that has a proper society until they are back in the stone age, sleep and repeat. Everybody feels like they are the hero. Though definitively, the only positive thing we have done is scared the sentients off from taking over the mindless Grineer, and heartless Corpus. Wonder when we get to visit the Tau system to destroy their society....

You mixing game actions with lore they work with each other but not always go hand in hand for example chroma our dragon god tank supposedly can kill an entire army by himself but leave him with the corpus in a mission and nulls and scrambus, combas and what not would decimate him by ability denial like every single frame.......

1 minute ago, Omnipower said:

You mixing game actions with lore they work with each other but not always go hand in hand for example chroma our dragon god tank supposedly can kill an entire army by himself but leave him with the corpus in a mission and nulls and scrambus, combas and what not would decimate him by ability denial like every single frame.......

Those units are newer than chroma. 1+hours survival against corpus is also a pretty good example of Chroma dragon god tank killing an entire army by himself. Most if not all frames can do this. Besides, have you watched an Ember WoF missions? Hell, that's just waiting for the entire army to kill itself as it arrives. 

technically are they newer? i mean vauban and valkyr both show pretty advanced corpus units in the trailers.. 

Just now, F8ted said:

Those units are newer than chroma. 1+hours survival against corpus is also a pretty good example of Chroma dragon god tank killing an entire army by himself. Most if not all frames can do this. Besides, have you watched an Ember WoF missions? Hell, that's just waiting for the entire army to kill itself as it arrives. 

Good and bad are not clear cut anymore in Warframe. The corpus just want money and the grineer just do what they are breed to do. Both factions have daddy issued from the Orokin. Just as we do, we try to keep balance but we won't hesitate  to ally with one of those for either battle pay or to save other Tenno. Even the infestation it's not actively trying to dominate, it's a virus it does that to survive and the mychonias use them as cattle. I feel like one day we will split good Tenno and evil Tenno. Probably with the alignment system.

Good and Bad are subjective terms that mean absolutely nothing. Look at the world and all the wars that shaped it, and look at how one side is always proclaiming they're the good side. Also notice the side that says they're the good ones are usually the ones that win the conflict, but in truth there's no winners and there's no good or bad sides. There's just your side and everyone that stands against you. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

dont think ive been hit by a sentient cannon..thing yet ?  could be its current, but then again 

remember the corpus did exist prior with the orokin, we are currently in a space dark ages of sorts 

The presence of a bursa in the vauban trailer pretty much confirms that it is recent because they were invented by anyo very recently. 

As for the sentient thing, that's probably a teaser for something new or another example for creative liberty in the trailers. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The presence of a bursa in the vauban trailer pretty much confirms that it is recent because they were invented by anyo very recently. 

As for the sentient thing, that's probably a teaser for something new or another example for creative liberty in the trailers. 

Experimental weapons at their best. Because of the events inthe trailer it may never be mass produced.....Then again how hard is it to get hold of those power cores?