Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Plot Twist

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

technically are they newer? i mean vauban and valkyr both show pretty advanced corpus units in the trailers.. 

Right? Like secret weapons that only the Orokin elite knew about that were developed to fight the sentients were sent on some test runs against people that the Orokin Council considered lopping into an execution order against one person. The trailers don't make too much sense. Grineer weren't militarized until after the fall of the Orokin, by one of the Orokin. Yet, there is Nekros Prime killing and reanimating Grineer soldiers. I mean, Bursa's were made recentlyyet there they are, being vortexxed hundreds of years ago...

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Experimental weapons at their best. Because of the events inthe trailer it may never be mass produced.....Then again how hard is it to get hold of those power cores?

They look like pieces of sentients and judging by how I've never seen a corpus succeed in killing a sentient they are probably hard to come by. 

2 minutes ago, F8ted said:

Right? Like secret weapons that only the Orokin elite knew about that were developed to fight the sentients were sent on some test runs against people that the Orokin Council considered lopping into an execution order against one person. The trailers don't make too much sense. Grineer weren't militarized until after the fall of the Orokin, by one of the Orokin. Yet, there is Nekros Prime killing and reanimating Grineer soldiers. I mean, Bursa's were made recentlyyet there they are, being vortexxed hundreds of years ago...

Well one thing people keep forgetting is, just because Ballas is talking doesn't mean it is taking place in the past.

All the recent trailers have basically been audio logs from Ballas' reveal of the new frames while showing the Primed frame in modern times.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

So hear me out about this you guys. We (gamers) tend to see our player characters as heroes, paragons of virtue, honor and justice. That seems to be what the Lotus wants us to be as well BUT (here is the twist) what if future lore revealed that tenno were actually the bad guys? I mean, it is probably not likely to be the case, but there is some small evidence that MIGHT be able to create the foundation of such a twist. I mean, we slaughtered the Orokin High Council just when they'd won the Old War. We have done nothing but kill countless billions of grineer and corpus. Just, what IF, we were the bad guys and not the good guys? I think it would be an interesting plot to explore but like I said, I don't think its likely.

But what do you guys think? Does it sound interesting to you, or just to me?

I would love the ability to remove operators from the equaltion.

Lets say the frames wake up and realized they are an infested body inside the frame. Helminth  could be who tells us.... WHAT IF nidus is what a warframe is... with out a frame.

Also what if the tenno are only mind controlling us. Personally i am not a fan of the whole operator story line.

5 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I would love the ability to remove operators from the equaltion.

Lets say the frames wake up and realized they are an infested body inside the frame. Helminth  could be who tells us.... WHAT IF nidus is what a warframe is... with out a frame.

Also what if the tenno are only mind controlling us. Personally i am not a fan of the whole operator story line.

Lol so you actually want what equates to the Mutalist being the dominant force in the solar system? Over all other human and machine? I am fine with them being their own semi-autonomous being that is guided by a meta-human. Really wish either specters of the rail or the war within actually gave us the ability to use multiple warframes in a mission.... Can't wait until next year when the lore will inch closer to us knowing for sure that the Warframes really are their own sentient being. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

We are pretty much the good guys here. If it wasnt for us, Grineer would prevail and the Corpus would just be another slave faction.

Think about it, if it wasnt for us:

Vor would have successfully taken over the void and with the help of Sargas Ruk and his skills in artifact recovery, they would have obtained and merged Orokin Technology with the Grineer`s to make powerful weapons.

Tyl Regor would have successfully made his Tubemen that would be extremely powerful grineers on their own. His research would also have fixed the deterioration Grineers suffered from centuries of cloning.

Vay Hek would have turned earth into a barren and used it as another base to produce his Fomorians. With no Tenno to sabotage his work, he would have a massive armada covering all sectors of the Origin System and ready to strike down on any resistance base or vessel.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

17 minutes ago, F8ted said:

Lol so you actually want what equates to the Mutalist being the dominant force in the solar system? Over all other human and machine? I am fine with them being their own semi-autonomous being that is guided by a meta-human. Really wish either specters of the rail or the war within actually gave us the ability to use multiple warframes in a mission.... Can't wait until next year when the lore will inch closer to us knowing for sure that the Warframes really are their own sentient being. 

"human"? there are no humans in warframe

7 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

"human"? there are no humans in warframe

Technically the Orokin were humans, and thus so are the Corpus (Thus why Hunhow refers to Alad V. as Orokin) who survived them along with all the colonists.

BUt saying "Orokin" is akin to saying "American" "English" or a better example might be "Roman" as they were an empire much like the Orokin.

Edited by SilvaDreams

32 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

the kids have been brainwashed too many times to be the bad guys.

The real bad guys are the sentients. That included the "Lotus".

This is about the Tenno's only saving grace. 

1 hour ago, F8ted said:

Those units are newer than chroma. 1+hours survival against corpus is also a pretty good example of Chroma dragon god tank killing an entire army by himself. Most if not all frames can do this. Besides, have you watched an Ember WoF missions? Hell, that's just waiting for the entire army to kill itself as it arrives. 

Idk if you really not understanding what i mean by separating lore from gameplay though i probably explained it badly.

What im saying is we the Tenno are demi gods funneling our powers through warframes virtually unstoppable killing sentient infested machine hybrid things. What i was trying to get across with the chroma thing is that our powers void energy defies common sense the only thing that can stop void powers is other void powers(believe it or not) lore wise BUT for gameplay the corpus just magically made void magic rely on common sense and made some magical device that can shut off all void powers with no way of fighting back other than hitting it? 

I can guarantee valkyr prime in her trailer was not there fighting for mods and other resources but probably to stop the corpus from doing something.....or just flat out revenge for what they did to the other frames.

TL;DR Gameplay mechanics does NOT equal to what lore portrays. In lore we fight for equilibrium(not the mod...) but in gameplay we are fighting for resources and other goodies.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

So hear me out about this you guys. We (gamers) tend to see our player characters as heroes, paragons of virtue, honor and justice. That seems to be what the Lotus wants us to be as well BUT (here is the twist) what if future lore revealed that tenno were actually the bad guys? I mean, it is probably not likely to be the case, but there is some small evidence that MIGHT be able to create the foundation of such a twist. I mean, we slaughtered the Orokin High Council just when they'd won the Old War. We have done nothing but kill countless billions of grineer and corpus. Just, what IF, we were the bad guys and not the good guys? I think it would be an interesting plot to explore but like I said, I don't think its likely.

I think there is an Artform to bending an awesome story AROUND the game mechanics of what started as a 4-man [space ninja themed] mob shooter-looter dungeon crawl.

19 hours ago, Omnipower said:

Idk if you really not understanding what i mean by separating lore from gameplay though i probably explained it badly.

What im saying is we the Tenno are demi gods funneling our powers through warframes virtually unstoppable killing sentient infested machine hybrid things. What i was trying to get across with the chroma thing is that our powers void energy defies common sense the only thing that can stop void powers is other void powers(believe it or not) lore wise BUT for gameplay the corpus just magically made void magic rely on common sense and made some magical device that can shut off all void powers with no way of fighting back other than hitting it? 

I can guarantee valkyr prime in her trailer was not there fighting for mods and other resources but probably to stop the corpus from doing something.....or just flat out revenge for what they did to the other frames.

TL;DR Gameplay mechanics does NOT equal to what lore portrays. In lore we fight for equilibrium(not the mod...) but in gameplay we are fighting for resources and other goodies.

Oh sure. Imagine the fleet of ships and Orokin towers we own after clearing them through exterminate missions. Gameplay mechanics existed long before any sort of lore did. There is no way there wer 60 million+ kids that were on the original 10-0 and then further turned into super soldiers. There is no reason if Lua was so important to the continuation of the Tenno, that it would have hordes of Grineer and Corpus walking through it. We have to assassinate every boss 3+ times in order to get component blueprints that the boss has no right to have in the first place. Sure random encounters with the stalker's acolytes are an event, they just disappear for months at a time, but how many times has the moon been returned from the void by virtue of being a quest. >.>  

Oh and nullifiers and scrambus? Yep technology that far surpasses the Orokin. We slaughtered them with little they could do. Now only if the Orokin council or any of the Archimedians could have conceived of a safeguard against what they considered the most dangerous thing ever created. Hmmmmmm..... Nope. It was all the time we spent decoding messages at Viver. Somehow Anyo came up with a solution in mere years where the centuries old Orokin couldn't. I either have to have a healthy amount of respect for a compulsive gambling maniac, or lose my respect for the technology of a system spanning empire. Though as a footnote our actual "void powers", the focus powers, are not affected at all by the nullifying units. So maybe it's just warframe technology that sucks. I mean, it hasn't been improved since we killed the person that invented them.... so....

Outside of gameplay mechanics, we kill anything that moves that doesn't swear absolute loyalty to the Tenno. We prevent all technological advancements we can, because it might make things more dangerous. Then DE adds the units to the game as if we never did anything in the first place. Even if we are supposedly fighting for equilibrium, which is usually just an excuse to kill indiscriminately, it ultimately does absolutely nothing. Everyone still gets their new toys because DE spent the time to develop them. Bosses have infinite lives because we need to farm blueprints. Even lorewise bosses (Alad V) don't die when we assassinate them. I still swear by the Tenno being downright evil with a justification complex. That is until some cause and effect is added to the lore. That would be nice.

19 minutes ago, F8ted said:

--snip-

Well yeah there is lots of plot holes in the story DE is attempting to fix in the future considering like the infamous words of a prior devstream: "We didnt expect this game to last this long".

But whats not to say that there isnt millions i would agree that there was maybe 10s of thousands of tenno (considering the size of those ships) aboard the zariman. But whats not to say that orokin couldnt have replicated their powers into other children or heck maybe those "original" tenno couldve grown up and had kids of their own and now passing on their new found powers onto them.

I agree with you on the part the corpus just magically doing things that the orokin couldnt plenty people pretty much calling DE out on that. And no we arent killing people cause they dont follow us we kill them "if they become a threat to the system". Heck the latest event shouldve showed you that and you heard it in the defectors dialogue: "TENNO?! But we grineer why help us?", pretty much summing up we help those in need or those deserving of it or to make sure one side doesnt gain an insurmountable advantage that could threaten the system AND yes us too.

Though the biggest problem about this whole debacle is that most of it like someone already stated is just player conjecture until DE releases all/more lore we are pretty much grasping at straws.

Edited by Omnipower

@Omnipower

From Ember Prime's codex entry: 

'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.''Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?' 'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

They had a hard time finding tens of thousands of children on a ship? Even considering the size of the ship, that is more enemies than would spawn in 5 hours of survival. Still an order of magnitude smaller than the player base. Without quoting multiple spoilertastic Margulis, Ballas, Lotus, and Operator quotes, each player is one of the original Tenno that was suspended in "the dream" to operate warframes. No one woke before the moon popped back beside Earth. (Millions of times. Once for each player. Prime Continuity right there.) 

The event TPD if they care to make it cannon, no new players will ever see that occur. It, like the Gradivus Dilemma, is a part of the story that no longer exists in game. Even then, the Steel Meridian bribed us to help. They have swore loyalty to the Tenno, which makes them okay in our book. I mean, how many times have we worked with the corpus and/or grineer during invasions, for a little battle pay. At best we are callous mercenaries. At worse, well, we did better than the sentients at destroying civilization. 

It will not going to happen. With all those children tenno that are running around, with this new disco frame coming.. Are you kidding me?! No more grim tone in Warframe. I think our future will be very bright, happy and colourful. Unfortunately.

23 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Well, to be fair, "Good" and "Bad" are extremely subjective concepts.

A murderous barbarian could slaughter a village: Bad for the village, good for the survival of the barbarian tribe.

And as for warframes, it's hinted that our killing of the Orokin was in no small part due to Sentient Natah's / Lotus's interference.

We were puppetmasters being puppeted by a puppet of a "race" of AI that was created as a puppet of the orokin....

...seems kinda silly when you put it like that, doesn't it?

So much pupptering...

Sephiroth would be proud.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:44 PM, (Xbox One)RevenantRequiem said:

I Never saw the Tenno as Hero's, we were brainwashed and turned to solders without our consent and deprived of living a normal life.

1 hour ago, F8ted said:

@Omnipower

From Ember Prime's codex entry: 

'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.''Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?' 'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

They had a hard time finding tens of thousands of children on a ship? Even considering the size of the ship, that is more enemies than would spawn in 5 hours of survival. Still an order of magnitude smaller than the player base. Without quoting multiple spoilertastic Margulis, Ballas, Lotus, and Operator quotes, each player is one of the original Tenno that was suspended in "the dream" to operate warframes. No one woke before the moon popped back beside Earth. (Millions of times. Once for each player. Prime Continuity right there.) 

The event TPD if they care to make it cannon, no new players will ever see that occur. It, like the Gradivus Dilemma, is a part of the story that no longer exists in game. Even then, the Steel Meridian bribed us to help. They have swore loyalty to the Tenno, which makes them okay in our book. I mean, how many times have we worked with the corpus and/or grineer during invasions, for a little battle pay. At best we are callous mercenaries. At worse, well, we did better than the sentients at destroying civilization. 

Yes its not hard to believe they found it hard to find a few thousands worth of kids especially considering that there are nooks and crannies of many maps (that ive seen) that children could hide in like those hidden rooms and so on. Not only that they could be locked away in any one of those many hard to get to  or find rooms as well.

Yeah i agree according to "current lore" no tenno had woken up but thats all we know "for now" but there "could" of been a tenno maybe a few tennos that somehow managed to avoid/miss us all being put into the cryogenic sleep.

Yes and many are bugged they will never have that chance to participate in a part of the lore that pretty much defines some parts of the game. Im not arguing that we are mercenaries though a well organised mercantile group that as far as we all concerned is overly involved with balance in our system.

But everything said its up to DE to find and fix these plot holes with some help from us ofc. Also, either way its still remains as i said before player conjecture. Do we wish these plot holes fixed many of us do. Will DE do it we hope they will try their best at the minimum. Will it ever make sense, only time will tell so stay tuned for another episode of....you know what ignore this last sentence entirely. >.>