Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Rotations: Really, DE?

Madotsuki

I'm sure most of you know about Rotations in endless missions, A-A-B-C and so on. Up until this point, I've always assumed that the Rotations went like this: A-A-B-C-C-C-C-C... and so on. You know, because it'd actually make sense. Except, while farming Nidus for the first time today, I found out the rotations DON'T work that way. Instead, they rotate back to A after C, so you only get C rewards every 4 waves.

...I can't even begin to describe how utterly stupid this is. WHY would anyone, outside of farming exp on Akkad, EVER go past the fourth reward? The whole point should've been if you kept going against tougher and more numerous enemies, you get to keep rolling the C pool and skip the first three rotations, that's the risk-reward trade, you're fighting tougher enemies to save time. It makes absolutely zero sense for it to switch back to the A pool, and makes going past round 4/wave 20 completely pointless! Not to mention this makes C-pool exclusive rewards absolutely cancerous to farm, as if this game isn't grindy enough as is.

DE, seriously, you're clearly capable developers to have made a game that lasted this long and still has a huge playerbase, you've made enjoyable (if seriously flawed) content, so WHY can't you get even the BASICS right when it comes to anything involving farming?!

Edit: Alright, adding a little explanation to counter generic questions. "B-b-but my A rewards!" You say? The answer is, again, simple. Don't have exclusive rewards in the A and B pools, excluding trash-tier drops like bronze mods being completely filtered out. Think of it like buffing Relics with Void Traces, low tier rewards have lower chances of dropping, but are STILL THERE, meanwhile you get better chances at high tier rewards because you invested traces/effort into it.

Alternatively, taking something like Infested Salvage as an example, the Rotation could be changed to A-B-C-B-C-B-C, where B has low chances of Nidus parts but high chances of Relics, while C has low chances of Relics and high chances of Nidus parts, since theoretically you'd only need one set of Nidus parts for life anyway. Honestly things would be a million times simpler if DE just put the parts in the quest itself like every other frame quest, but it's too late for that now. I'd still have reason to keep going further past the first C, because I'd still be skipping all the As!

Really, if you want to argue, give me a practical reason to ever go past the first Rotation C under the current system.

Edited by Madotsuki

Enemies would need to scale much harder, much faster in order to make your suggestion stay in line with the current loot distribution the game has, and I don't think that wold be particularly enjoyable for most people.

Still, I think an argument could be made to remove the second A rotation so it goes A-A-B-C-A-B-C etc.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Why would it make sense for A and B to only happen once? How are you going to have proper loot tables if you have ONE repeated rotation?

That's simple, don't have exclusive drops in rotations A and B, excluding trash-tier drops like bronze mods being completely filtered out by C. It's like buffing your relics with traces, 'junk' drops get lower chances, but are still there, while you get better access to higher tier drops because you invested traces/effort into it.

Why are you assuming C is always where the most valuable and most sought after loot is? Thats not always the case OP. As much as there are time where I would love to get C repeatedly, there are times where it would suck having to constantly restart a mission to get what I'm after.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Why are you assuming C is always where the most valuable and most sought after loot is? Thats not always the case OP. As much as there are time where I would loce to get C repeatedly, there are times where it would such having to constantly restart a mission to get what I'm after.

Not to mention that a lot of different missions have valuable Relics in A, and even B rotations. (That's about it though.)

5 minutes ago, Madotsuki said:

That's simple, don't have exclusive drops in rotations A and B, excluding trash-tier drops like bronze mods being completely filtered out by C. It's like buffing your relics with traces, 'junk' drops get lower chances, but are still there, while you get better access to higher tier drops because you invested traces/effort into it.

But then there might as well not be A and B, and you can farm the one rotation at regular intervals instead of working for milestones of a sort.

Im just pondering how the whole CCCCCC assumption was even reached to begin with :shocked:

Every rotation has its own table so it repeating made sense (if grindy), what never made sense to me is why it wasn't just ABCD rather than AABC.

CCCCCC? How.. even.. what? Mind boggles.

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Not to mention that a lot of different missions have valuable Relics in A, and even B rotations. (That's about it though.)

Exactly. It would be really weird and counter productive at times to have C carry on endlessly.

I feel like a better solution would be to just keep the A-A-B-C rotation and just add in a rotation D that contains all of A,B,C's rewards. That way after 20 minutes or 20 waves and etc people would have more motivation to continue after the first A-A-B-C rotation. Though this might be op in excavation mission types.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

But then there might as well not be A and B, and you can farm the one rotation at regular intervals instead of working for milestones of a sort.

There is, by restricting certain high tier rewards to B (lower chance) and C, so you can't just constantly rerun the baseline. It's about having to put in the bare minimum time to make it to C, then your farming efficiency will be affected by how high level you're willing to deal with. Basic risk-reward.

5 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I'm just wondering how you've played for so long and did not know this .-.

There was never a reason to care about rotations until important drops were exclusively locked to the most tedious tier to get to, i.e. Nidus parts. Prior to that it didn't really matter that much.

3 minutes ago, Madotsuki said:

There was never a reason to care about rotations until important drops were exclusively locked to the most tedious tier to get to, i.e. Nidus parts. Prior to that it didn't really matter that much.

So, prime parts in the old void didn't count as important drops locked exclusively in the latest tier? (T3 survival rot C anyone?) Well, except through trade that is

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, Madotsuki said:

So you never farmed the void? No idea how anyone could assume it was a constant C... you're basically yelling at them for something everyones been aware of for who-knows-how-long..

It should be A-B-C repeated over and over again. The difficulty of the enemies need to scale in according to those tables as well (The second round of A should not be more difficult than the first round of C but should be more difficult than the first round of B).

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

So, prime parts in the old void didn't count as important drops?

I sort of wasn't here for most of the old void system, and even when I was there I never bothered to farm void seriously, hence why I only have a Frost Prime and Latron + Reaper Prime prior to my 3 year leave.

Just because I didn't know about the system though doesn't mean it's not still stupid.

Edited by Madotsuki

4 minutes ago, Madotsuki said:

Just because I didn't know about the system though doesn't mean it's not still stupid.

Wasn't saying it wasn't, was just asking because it's been in the game since basically release, and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

30 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Why are you assuming C is always where the most valuable and most sought after loot is? Thats not always the case OP. As much as there are time where I would love to get C repeatedly, there are times where it would suck having to constantly restart a mission to get what I'm after.

Because it usually is unless you go after formas or thing like that.

I still remember how you had to drag yourself through 4 rounds of archwing interception to get a chance at even somewhat useful reward as in a-b dropped only utter crp.

AABC repeating makes sense so that Digital Extremes can space out items across multiple pools so that availability of items can be separated. still tightly control the rarity of a few items but allow others to be readily available, and to not interfere with the rarer things you're seeking.

30 minutes ago, Madotsuki said:

That's simple, don't have exclusive drops in rotations A and B, excluding trash-tier drops like bronze mods being completely filtered out by C.

that's literally worse than it is now.
you're literally asking for it to be HARDER to get any item you're looking for. everything useful in the game in the same Pool in a Mission?

surely, you jest. rather than spread out Rewards across 3 Pools, you'd rather put all useful Rewards into one big Pool, so that you end up averaging 1/50 or more to get the Reward you're looking for?

?????????

15 minutes ago, DBugII said:

The difficulty of the enemies need to scale in according to those tables as well (The second round of A should not be more difficult than the first round of C but should be more difficult than the first round of B).

are you saying that the 'difficulty' of the Mission should go up and down repeatedly over the course of repeating Reward Pools?
why would the A after the first C be easier than the C preceding it? 

19 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Because it usually is unless you go after formas or thing like that.

I still remember how you had to drag yourself through 4 rounds of archwing interception to get a chance at even somewhat useful reward as in a-b dropped only utter crp.

Relics, certain mods for newer players, some resources etc. There are a few less examples now days with the removal of the old void system. But it is far from always the case.

1 hour ago, Madotsuki said:

Except, while farming Nidus for the first time today, I found out the rotations DON'T work that way. Instead, they rotate back to A after C, so you only get C rewards every 4 waves.

There were/are lots of reasons to want a repeat of A and B, mostly were because of the old Void.  Only with Nidus, literally the first and only (so far :crylaugh: ) frame to depend on not only RNG but RNG from a rotation in an endless mission.  The rest of the missions, while I agree rewards should amp up with enemy difficulty, would be fine with its normal rotations.

They should have just put Nidus chances in all rotations with C having the highest chance, rather than limiting it only to C, that was the mistake IMO.

Also agree with everyone who has said a double A rotation is just plain silly, alas.