Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar Buff Please?

--BIG--Doug-Desu

Sorry for my bad english :x

I like to use Stradavar, but the damage.... It would be interesting a small buff like:

Current Status

Spoiler

Normal Attacks

Impact: 8.75
Puncture: 8.75
Slash: 7.5
Status Chance:  5.0%
Critical Chance: 10.0%
Critical Damage: 2x
Fire Rate: 10.0 rounds/sec

Secondary Attaks

Impact: 7.5
Puncture: 30.0
Slash: 12.5
Status Chance:  15.0%
Critical Chance: 20.0%
Fire Rate: 5.0 rounds/sec

New Status

Spoiler

Normal Attacks

Status Chance:  20.0%
Critical Chance: 5.0%
Critical Damage: 1.5x

Secondary Attaks

Impact: 5.5
Puncture: 45.0
Status Chance:  5.0%
Critical Chance: 25.0%
Critical Damage: 2.5x
Fire Rate: 3.0 rounds/sec

Edited by --SKZ--Doug-Desu

It's intended to be a mid-level weapon, so that's probably not going to happen. Unfortunately the game isn't organized enough to make it clear which weapons are meant to be low, mid, or high level weapons without actually using them...

19 minutes ago, --SKZ--Doug-Desu said:

Sorry for my bad english :x

I like to use Stradavar, but the damage.... It would be interesting a small buff like:

Current Status

Hide contents

Normal Attacks

Status Chance:  5.0%
Critical Chance: 10.0%

Secondary Attaks

Impact: 7.5
Puncture: 30.0
Status Chance:  15.0%
Critical Chance: 20.0%
Fire Rate: 5.0 rounds/sec

New Status

Hide contents

Normal Attacks

Status Chance:  20.0%
Critical Chance: 5.0%
Critical Damage: 1.5x

Secondary Attaks

Impact: 5.5
Puncture: 45.0
Status Chance:  5.0%
Critical Chance: 25.0%
Critical Damage: 2.5x
Fire Rate: 3.0 rounds/sec

I like your changes , but I can see this being the prime version . Also try it in PVP 

33 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

It's intended to be a mid-level weapon, so that's probably not going to happen. Unfortunately the game isn't organized enough to make it clear which weapons are meant to be low, mid, or high level weapons without actually using them...

We don't really know even if it is intended to be 'mid-level'. It's put on an MR8 lock and is outclassed by many weapon prior to it. 

Asking to buff stradavar is like meme now. 

We asked for it before, and it happened, now stradavar have this stats. 

I'm afraid that if buff will happen again (which i doubt) it will get reverted or sidegeaded. 

Ironically, before buff, i put 3 forma on it and it was able to handle lvl2 sorties, but now, even riven mods can't help with it. 

Edited by Quanlain

2 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

We don't really know even if it is intended to be 'mid-level'. It's put on an MR8 lock and is outclassed by many weapon prior to it. 

That's a result of the disorganization that's in the game. During early discussions of the weapon and damage rework they are planning on doing in the future they discussed that they were going to put MR requirements on all weapons so that weapon progression was a much more obvious part of the game and gave Mastery more meaning. That all went on hold though when U19 turned into a problem child though. Using them is the only way to actually tell what level range they are intended for.

Edited by Ceryk

DE will never buff the Stradavar unless they are trying to sell the primed version via Prime Access. They want you to pay plat for Rivens in order to make the weapon viable. Rivens are their way of fixing the problem and getting users to buy plat without actually fixing the problem. But then again, not every weapon is meant to handle sortie 3-level enemies.

Edited by CherryPauper

At least the Stradavar is fun to use now compared to the original release, it was hot trash then. I like the idea of being able to switch firing modes on the fly because it actually makes noise reduction mods useful. You can snipe weak trash mobs in the head on semi-auto, and if they see you, open up on them with full-auto. Weapon usage is a lot about preference really.

8 hours ago, Quanlain said:

Ironically, before buff, i put 3 forma on it and it was able to handle lvl2 sorties, but now, even riven mods can't help with it. 

~150% damage and ~80% multishot is enough to make it mostly comfortable for all 3 sorties, assuming no modifiers that make enemies too tanky, but only for semi auto.

The mechanic just doesn't do anything positive when all the damage, crit, and status is stuffed into the semi auto mode. Theres simply no reason to use the full auto mode. If you want full auto you're far better off with a Soma or a Braton, or simply using a macro to turn the semi auto mode into a really slow full auto.

I like to use Stradavar against Grinner because of the puncture, but the automatic mode, in addition to not having puncture, has neither critical chance nor chance of status and semi-automatic mode can not kill large amounts of mobs quickly, especially high level

Edited by --SKZ--Doug-Desu

In my opinion, all you need is a decent crit riven and the Stradavar is completely fine when used in semi-auto firing mode. You can fire fast enough if you put on some fire rate mods, ever since rivens came out, that's the case for a lot of weapons, while some people may not like the riven system, I feel like it solves a lot of those "pls buff this weapon" threads.

4 hours ago, oxalispescaprae said:

In my opinion, all you need is a decent crit riven and the Stradavar is completely fine when used in semi-auto firing mode. You can fire fast enough if you put on some fire rate mods, ever since rivens came out, that's the case for a lot of weapons, while some people may not like the riven system, I feel like it solves a lot of those "pls buff this weapon" threads.

You shouldn't have to win 7 lotteries in a row or spend heavy amounts of plat to have a weapon be worthwhile to use. Rivens were the single worst addition to this game to date, because it gives DE a copout to not actually bringing terrible weapons up to par.

All of the changes look good to me, except one.

I agree with making the fullauto better at mass-status application.
But I can't get behind reducing the status of the semi-auto.

Take that build, replace Hammer Shot with a Riven, and you have a pretty interesting choice for DMR - which can also spray down Nullifier bubbles in a pinch.

I mean, if it were better at applying lots of statuses, you could use it to strip armor directly, but that's much less interesting (not to mention a niche with better-performing options).

Edited by Chroia
Why do spoiler tags always eat the end of a post? :|

Doing one mode status and the other crit doesn't really help the gun, it divides it into 2 guns which honestly only works on Euphona due to the shotgun mode being incredibly situational due to how the falloff works on it and even on crit builds it's still useful against armoured targets, but on weapons without range limits doing that only gimps them in half.

Still, I like the improvements to the semi auto mode, but those stats will still only make it a sub par semi auto and crits will also still be unreliable which is rather disastrous for a semi auto weapon.
Keeping full auto with less damage and crit but still crit viable would be fine and higher status chance on full without removing crit would also be fine, it wouldn't dethrone any crit full auto weapon and it would make switching viable which is the whole point of the gun, to make use of switching modes as needed, but if you make both modes incompatible then when you mod the weapon one mode will be completely useless and the gun loses all it's value.

If you mod for crit what's the point in having a weak full auto when you can carry a good full auto secondary? If you mod for status what's the point in a weak semi auto if you can carry a VERY good semi auto secondary? Only the crit build would have a use for the other mode and that being a single situation, nullifiers, that's about it, else you would always be better off with a different gun because you just removed what made Stradavar good.

Decreasing fire rate on the semi auto is a good thing, 5 fire rate is a waste and a bigger waste if you equip mods like Shred (which is a good mod but fire rate higher than 5 on semi auto is useless without Macros and even 5 is already too high).
High fire rate on a semi auto that is long range viable only makes it look good on paper but quite worse in practice because you won't reach the DPS you see on paper, you won't click that fast and accurately. If you have a full auto mode then you will want a very powerful shot on the semi auto and not fire rate because if you want fire rate you can just switch to full auto.

If you are looking at stats like burst DPS and constant DPS while messing with stats, you will want the semi auto to have somewhat higher DPS numbers than full auto due to how semi auto can't reliably reach those numbers in practice without macros. If you make DPS numbers on both modes the same, the full auto mode will vastly outperform the semi auto mode.

IMO, full auto should be viable at applying status and be crit viable as well but with less crit chance than semi auto. You can be bolder with the semi auto stats because your stats barely improve it and in practice you might not really notice the stats change at all due to how small it is (your damage stats didn't increase enough to counter the fire rate loss however it did make individual shots slightly more reliable but still not reliable enough). I'd also not be afraid of the stats being too close to things like the Latro Prime, even though I love that gun it's not a good semi auto rifle, the gun wastes itself over papercraft and will waste your tendons just as much when you try to make full use of it and I'm not sure why to even consider other guns when we have plenty of guns with mechanics that work as semi auto and that outperform Latron Prime and the like.

Semi auto should pack a punch but with slower firing which in the long run will make it so you can be overrun by enemies unless you have perfect aim and it 1 shot kills everything, plus semi auto isn't good at applying statuses.
Full auto should deal less damage per shot but still achieves good results due to higher fire rate which makes it good against high amounts of enemies and at applying statuses but is ammo inefficient.
You want both modes to achieve that but perhaps just a tiny step behind specialized guns, if you can't do that or drop one of the modes the gun as a whole won't be any good.

On 2017. 03. 18. at 5:16 AM, Ceryk said:

I wish they would so people would stop complaining that weapons intended for high level usage kill stuff fast on low levels.