Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe concept would you rather have ? (Between these 2)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

A Mech Frame; powers are focused around mechs , lock on missles , sliding and flying around, and laser beams yada yada. Fun/offensive warframe. 

A summoner frame; Each ability summons an AI & each summon has 2 respective abilities. Jack of all trades warframe.

These are the 2 concepts I want the most , if you could have one which would it be ? And why 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I've been advocating for a while for a blast or mech frame with a Macross Missile Massacre, similar to Vay Molta the Executioner.  It could be aimed like Peacemaker, give the missile swarms high AoE but much more energy drain.  Other abilities could be boosting blast damage, turning enemies into living bombs, whatever creates more explosions, rag dolls a bunch of enemies and promotes fast paced game play.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I've been advocating for a while for a blast or mech frame with a Macross Missile Massacre, similar to Vay Molta the Executioner.  It could be aimed like Peacemaker, give the missile swarms high AoE but much more energy drain.  Other abilities could be boosting blast damage, turning enemies into living bombs, whatever creates more explosions, rag dolls a bunch of enemies and promotes fast paced game play.

You and me both man . I'm tired of all the meta, support , and farming frames , we need more fun frames like zephyr . 

Blast damage mech frame 2017 . Make it happen de 

considering that void energy is a bizarre font of power, that causes unnatural phenomena and defies the laws of physics, launching missiles, just sounds a very mundane and plain thing to be a warframe concept, I would feel more incline toward a summoner warframe but some people treat the game as purely a fantasy game and forget that there is also  sci-fi-ish component, and  want to use magic circles or holy energy, and that doesn´t really resonate with the game. So what do you have in mind to summon?

10 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

considering that void energy is a bizarre font of power, that causes unnatural phenomena and defies the laws of physics, launching missiles, just sounds a very mundane and plain thing to be a warframe concept, I would feel more incline toward a summoner warframe but some people treat the game as purely a fantasy game and forget that there is also  sci-fi-ish component, and  want to use magic circles or holy energy, and that doesn´t really resonate with the game. So what do you have in mind to summon?

IDK. Atlas has his golems. I don't really   want a summinor or a mach frame. I like the frames DE are coming up with. 

41 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

but atlas throws rocks

edit: CRAP wasted my 3000th post on this

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

but atlas throws rocks

edit: CRAP wasted my 3000th post on this

to be specific, Atlas creates rocks out of thin air, and then he throws them, that is why he has such massive back muscles, and he does gives sort of sentience to his golems but he doesn´t call them from a magic circle or portal or a dimension of stone elementals.

So, yeah, what I'd like out of a "mech frame" concept would be a frame with offensive powers as described that ALL scale off of weapon mods.

Like the missile massacre ability would scale off secondary mods. A super beam attack scaling off of primary mods. Some kind of ground slam wave attack scaling off of melee mods.

7 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Considering the game's AI regarding summons? I`d rather take the first one., 

This.

Mech Frame FTW!

Besides, Nekros is our Summoner Frame.

Sure its conditional but still, he summons.

Image result for yo dog meme  And his summons can summon.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

A Mech Frame; powers are focused around mechs , lock on missles , sliding and flying around, and laser beams yada yada. Fun/offensive warframe. 

A summoner frame; Each ability summons an AI & each summon has 2 respective abilities. Jack of all trades warframe.

These are the 2 concepts I want the most , if you could have one which would it be ? And why 

Akuma, you actually need a combination of the two concepts to make it original.

We have our inventory wheel to summon, and our loadouts give us all kinds of customizable mech-tech options.

So here are my thoughts:

A Synergy Sentinel-Frame with an inventory "weapon and abilities wheel" load-out that you must stock with specialized options.

Think of it as a Reverse Version of Chroma...

Your specialized sentinel has "standby" mode where it functions like a regular sentinel hovering above, but when you activate "synergy" mode, it actually transforms and bonds to your frame to create Mechframe.

While in "Mechframe Mode", the sentinel constantly drains energy but gives access to a up to 8 (?) possible powers/weapons/abilities , only 4 of which can be equipped on any given mission.  This gives you that key "versatility with firepower and armor" role that thematically matches mecha.

Sh!t, after I finish My "Voidstorm" frame concept, I should do this one!

18 hours ago, Pavelord said:

I only want oberon to be either a paladin like frame or a druid , not both.

7 hours ago, Aleksundar said:

The second one you say is eventually going to be Oberon, his rework is supposed to replace his 1 with a summon animal thing. Plus, he already is the Jack of all Trades in Warframe, we don't need another one

where did you get this info.?

20 minutes ago, Jeoxz said:

Warframe usually tries to stay away from the obvious roles. If we are to get those they need a twist on their kit.

hmm we have 

ice 

sword

fire 

wind

healer

fairy

mummy

infested

sound

music

beserker

son wukong

nezha the third lotus prince

gunslinger

dragon

id say those are all obvious.. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I'm not personally a fan of either, but if I had to choose, the mecha-inspired one. Summoners aren't interesting in the first place, and handing off my playtime to an AI seems like a way to be even less interesting. 

The mecha would at least allow me to actively play. Although honestly that really feels like something more appropriate for Archwing Good.0, whenever that comes around. 

I like the summoner type if it's a JOAT engineer theme.

I dig the offensive mech idea, but have problems seeing how it won't be either OP or UP based on previous experience in this game.

Spoiler

Personally I'd rather see them move to a new monetization platform altogether and create things other than warframes.

Maybe exo-armor/ systems upgrade mechanics that can modify what an existing frame's role aside from augments.

A systems upgrade/modification mechanic that let's an existing Ember operate more like an Ash does now but with a fire theme.