Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE BUFF THE SILVA & AEGIS

DeathLotus002

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

It is very outranked by Ack and Brunt, it definitely needs some love.

Agreed. Ack & Brunt aren't the prettiest to look at but they do a LOT more than the Silva & Aegis. I, personally, decided to pick up the latter since it feels a lot more fun to play with. A nice breakaway from the usual meta of using powerful but bland weapons. 

Just now, kyori said:

Yeah pretty weird to ask people to design but gave it mediocre stats.... 

Yep. If they asked players to design a weapon, then of course players would expect it to be a very good weapon. We wouldn't give something a great aesthetic design if we didn't want it to be weak af. We want to use what we created for higher- level missions.

Just now, DeathLotus002 said:

It's fun against infested as well lol. Just give it at least 20% crit chance and maybe, at least 100 base damage I'd would be really happy if this happened.

There would be no point in the increased based damage because if the Silva and Aegis get even 15% crit chance it'll do better than the Ack and Brunt

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

There would be no point in the increased based damage because if the Silva and Aegis get even 15% crit chance it'll do better than the Ack and Brunt

I'd still like a bit of damage increase though. You have a point, but if I'm not mistaken heat damage is not so good against other factions aside from infested and 35 heat damage is a pretty miniscule amount. 

I have a hard time believing they can overhaul an entire character's ability set; release new weapons entirely from scratch, etc so quickly...

but just raising the base damage or something on some of the weapons in this game to raise them from terrible to usable is too hard. I have a feeling they just don't want to improve those weapons, but I am not entirely sure why. Maybe they plan on overhauling them one by one later on with new mechanics or such instead of just improving their damage or other stats?

I mean they had rivens which I guess help every weapon, even if it doesn't totally save bad weapons it definitely helps them if you can get a riven for them. Maybe they have a similar plan for melee weapons at a later date? Not necessarily rivens; but something?

2 hours ago, DeathLotus002 said:

I'd still like a bit of damage increase though. You have a point, but if I'm not mistaken heat damage is not so good against other factions aside from infested and 35 heat damage is a pretty miniscule amount. 

There's no real reason to leave it as just fire damage to begin with (honestly if you're using it with just fire, that's probably a large chunk of why it seems mediocre), corrosive+fire, corrosive+blast, rad+viral, gas+electric, ect. are all excelent combinations for the various factions. At the moment, the silva & aegis is made for spewing elemental procs.

The combination of an extremely effective elemental status proccing weapon, with even an acceptable amount of crit, would be more then enough.

Edited by rapt0rman

• 1 month later...
On 20-3-2017 at 6:09 PM, rapt0rman said:

There's no real reason to leave it as just fire damage to begin with (honestly if you're using it with just fire, that's probably a large chunk of why it seems mediocre), corrosive+fire, corrosive+blast, rad+viral, gas+electric, ect. are all excelent combinations for the various factions. At the moment, the silva & aegis is made for spewing elemental procs.

The combination of an extremely effective elemental status proccing weapon, with even an acceptable amount of crit, would be more then enough.

Spewing elemental procs would be good if many of the elemental procs weren't quite mediocre at best. Yes, corrosive is good. Yes, viral and radiation are good. But gas does low damage because of the low basedamage, electricity doesn't chain to nearby enemies beyond about 1 meter, and heat procs are a joke. So a damage increase and maybe a buff to the actual *blocking* feature would be good, because right now it blocks just as much as heavy weapons and the 'buff' (if you can even call it that) it gets for blocking and then attacking is just extremely weak. Don't get me wrong, I love my Silva & Aegis, but they're so mediocre.

ya. this came out before twinbasolk...they both had the same stats...twin basolk got buffed while the S&A stayed below standards...and we cant even blame power creep because the weapon was considered weak even when it came out. I think they should buff it the same way twinbasolk were buffed. up the status chance and damage.

There is not an actual definition for "high level mission" that makes sense when boosting weapon damage, considering that enemy scaling is non Linear, so a level 40-45 enemy is TWICE the power of a L30 enemy. How can you possibly balance that?

As long as they "work" against enemies in the highest Star Chart, non-void, level missions, after a Catalyst has been installed, and running the appropriate Stance mod, the weapon is perfectly functional.

If you start thinking that "high level missions" means L100 enemies, then such weapons are instantly massively OP on the Star Chart, which is a no-no.

I really don't get these requests.

4 hours ago, DSpite said:

There is not an actual definition for "high level mission" that makes sense when boosting weapon damage, considering that enemy scaling is non Linear, so a level 40-45 enemy is TWICE the power of a L30 enemy. How can you possibly balance that?

As long as they "work" against enemies in the highest Star Chart, non-void, level missions, after a Catalyst has been installed, and running the appropriate Stance mod, the weapon is perfectly functional.

If you start thinking that "high level missions" means L100 enemies, then such weapons are instantly massively OP on the Star Chart, which is a no-no.

We just want to see a weapon we like get buffed. Seeing as how DE is working on improving weaker and less frequently used weapons with rivens and balance passes, I don't see how such a request is out of place. 

18 hours ago, DSpite said:

At least seeing 100 as end game makes since. heck alot of players that make complaints about endgame weapons see endgame at 6hour survival with lvl 1500 enemies e.e

but taht still gives progression. even these weapons that are strong at endgame can still be weak to the mid game. soley because if your doing midgame things you are still working on your mod collection. and probly dont have a full collection of mods on your weapons yet.

Edited by Ordosan

Ya, it could use a buff.

I was able to kill a LV 110 Corrupt Bombard almost instantly with it, but that was through the power of some primary weapon + quick melee condition overload cheese.

The weapon as a lone melee kind of is lack luster. 

I'd say raise the status to a minimum of 35%, and the critical chance to 10% with a 2X multiplier.

This would make it to where it isn't a different damage type Akc and Brunt, but instead still a unique shield and sword. 

I also firmly believe the ground slam should have a guaranteed fire proc, because it currently does not seem to. Testing in the simulacrum has shown that more often than not it simply knocks the enemies down, which is unfortunate. What's the point of having a flaming sword and shield which releases fiery explosions on ground slams if it doesn't actually proc fire?

2 hours ago, Vrcross said:

I suspect a primed version of it in the future which will be buffed above the original.

Sadly, this will probably be what happens.

And, unless they really buff the stats, it'll probably still only be mediocre.