Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Broberon worth getting at all?

mosaickle

Question

21 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Apparently he's hella mediocre, I have a great damage frame and a great support frame, is it really worth getting him then?
Not sure if he can tank but I can easily get Rhino (again)

Broberon is one of my favorite frames of all time, but he really is, in all honesty, THE mediocre frame. 

Everything he does is MEH at best. Legit build and level him for mastery, check how you feel about him, then decide. You either dig Broberon, or you don't.

He has CC, Heals, and damage, but it is all so meh. I have five forma on my Broberon because like I said, I dig the frame, but that doesn't stop me from admitting that there are DEFINITELY better frames for everything he does. 

He's totally worth building and building him is the way to go.

Because as you play the game will literally just give him to you over time.

He's seriously the "most Free" Frame in Warframe.

Then it's up to you if you enjoy how he plays or not.

I'd say he's worth getting, if not just for the mastery, he's likely to get a rework/update soon to make his Prime variant worth using along with Hydroid (they are the next 2 frames to be primed going by release date / the mmff order).

Right now he isn't the greatest when it comes to the "end game", but he can be built a few different ways to be able to do pretty much anything on the starchart.

He can be a low level nuker if you build for range and power for his 1 and 4, he can become a bit tanky and heal allies if you know the build to utilize his 2 and 3 to their fullest (I don't know that build, sorry). He can also dish out decent CC if you spam his 4 with max range since it's a 100% radiation proc and knockdown along with a blind AoE centered on the survivors of the ability.

He's worth a try to at least get familiar with him.

I think he's worth leveling, but he's *NOT* to everyone's flavor.  Like with most warframes he has strong and weak points about him based on your personal play style.  This is coming from someone who uses him very often.

He is an "aggressive support."  He damages, but you really play him to help in team longevity.  If his damaging skills (smite and reckoning) don't kill right away, they have two/three/four extra effects they tack on.  Hallowed Ground doesn't deal heavy damage it isn't really meant to.  Instead, HG gives a team armor buff and cleanses/negates status procs.  His heal will heal instantly and then have a heal over time to self and allies.

Build him for balance if you are serious about it, because trying to go "max" one way or another really hurts every one of his abilities in some way from what I've experienced.

He's getting a rework sorta soon(in DE time that is 6-10 months from now).

He increases everyone's EHP drastically. And has mediocre patched abilities of other warframes for survival. Ok, heal. Great survivability buff with Hallowed Ground, although limited all to hell. Perfectly balanced 1st. A weak damage CC like Nyx with odd mechanics for a 4th.

@(PS4)abbacephas Thanks!

So Oberon is a lot better than people think. Weather he's worth investing in or not depends on you, of course, so the best thing I can do is go over his benefits and drawbacks. The most notable thing about him is the fact that he's a jack of all trade, which is equally as much of a weakness as an advantage. It's a weakness because you don't have things like insane AOE damage or instant healing with damage resistance, but it's an advantage because you get a bunch of stuff together. I'm the guy with 7 Oberons and 50% Oberon usage, so I have quite a few different ways of using him, which would take too long to go over them all, but I can use my main setup as an example. My build has max range and max efficiency with Phoenix Renewal, so hard CC is my main thing, while I have healing that is roughly equivalent of 1-3 Rejuvenations, which is mainly for Phoenix Renewal. Along with that, I have Natural Talent on the build, and I bring a good ground finisher weapon like Dark Split Sword or Venka Prime, which can 1-shot level 150 heavies without the DOT, and 1-shot level 300+ heavies with it, while I'm able to perform 2 or 3 finishers per cast. That adds up to 45 meters of efficient and hard CC, damage that equates to, I think, 2-3 kills per second at any practical level and up to level 300-400 or so, and a nice survivability boost for any teammate that can survive decently anyway. (I admit that I see way too many players die right after Phoenix Renewal's invincibility period. Maybe some pubs can't be saved.)

All of that equates to good and bad. In pubs and unorganized squads, you can be everything the team needs, even if the team needs everything. I do have to admit that organized squads have rarely been OK for me though. Granted, I have less organized squad experienced than fingers, but even past the usual toxicity or hate you'd get for trying to bring Oberon, an organized team usually has no spot for Oberon. Those kinds of situations are the only justification for the usual argument against what Oberon does, being the fact that other warframes do what he does better. He plays smaller versions of the roles it would take 3 or 4 warframes to fill in. With that said, if a team has, for example, Trinity, Volt, and, Nyx, Oberon doesn't get much of a use. Just about everything he does is covered by those 3 even better, but the argument falls short when a squad isn't so organized. Overall, Oberon ends up doing well in my playground, public matchmaking missions. With a very low chance of the few, specific team setups that would make him irrelevant being there, he's practically guaranteed to be able to play a big part in any difficult mission, as long as you're a good Oberon.

Hmm... I tried to keep this short.

4 minutes ago, Atylia said:

As in worth building

Still yes, there is no reason not to grab all that free affinity. You find the parts not even trying, and he doesn't take or cost much to build or anything like that.

Is he worth keeping? Probably not till he gets a rework...

Edited by Echorion

22 hours ago, Atylia said:

Apparently he's hella mediocre

Nope. Below medicore.

Completely broken.

Definitly not worth it.

If you need a tank that is great at support, get frost and his icy avalance augument.

All benefits of a rhino, better Cc and support. Also avaiable quite early to my knowing.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108