Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New sortie condition suggestion: "Launchers only"

LordNero86

I know I might get roasted (and pure primed salts) for this but I think this would be very interesting

So far, we have

• assault rifle only
  • sniper only
  • shotgun only
  • bow only
  • secondary only
  • melee only

Strangely, launchers weapon (like penta, tonkor,opticor and the likes) gets clumped in assault rifle category. This doesn't make any sense imo. Personally I think it would be interesting to see a new category (read: challenge) in the form of launchers only sortie. I think this will give a new level of difficulty for sortie players.

I know it could bring out frustration to some (as evidenced in Lua spy, Lua rescue and the recent Elemental Enhancement Vay Hek) but after awhile people will know what to do. Yes many will probably kill themselves very early due to self-damage mechanics (mostly accidentaly, but there are trolls you know... :P ) but that teaches that not all weapons are meant to be spammed.

Good idea? Bad idea?

PS: mods, idk if this is the right place for suggestion post. If not, I apologize in advance.

10 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

I know I might get roasted (and pure primed salts) for this but I think this would be very interesting

So far, we have

• assault rifle only
  • sniper only
  • shotgun only
  • bow only
  • secondary only
  • melee only

Strangely, launchers weapon (like penta, tonkor,opticor and the likes) gets clumped in assault rifle category. This doesn't make any sense imo. Personally I think it would be interesting to see a new category (read: challenge) in the form of launchers only sortie. I think this will give a new level of difficulty for sortie players.

I know it could bring out frustration to some (as evidenced in Lua spy, Lua rescue and the recent Elemental Enhancement Vay Hek) but after awhile people will know what to do. Yes many will probably kill themselves very early due to self-damage mechanics (mostly accidentaly, but there are trolls you know... :P ) but that teaches that not all weapons are meant to be spammed.

Good idea? Bad idea?

PS: mods, idk if this is the right place for suggestion post. If not, I apologize in advance.

This sounds absolutely hilarious, course I'd end up constantly reviving people but maybe it might teach the community at large some trigger control and situational awareness.

2 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

I think certain bosses like Hek would be unplayable with that condition.

I think well placed opticor shots or tonkor or even torid can do it. Though I agree it could be hard, but it's doable.

I've killed vay hek solo with tonkor back then (but non-sortie ones)

3 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

I think well placed opticor shots or tonkor or even torid can do it. Though I agree it could be hard, but it's doable.

I've killed vay hek solo with tonkor back then (but non-sortie ones)

Get yourself a Zephyr with Jet steam and fire off those launcher shots like a bullet.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Get yourself a Zephyr with Jet steam and fire off those launcher shots like a bullet.

That could work too :)
I did it normally with just ember to kill the mobs while I focus on the head for the initial phase. Bullet jumping and aim gliding helps a lot.

Hek depletes my energy most of the time, so basically I just jump and aim, rinse and repeat

If you didn't notice, "launchers" is only a wiki category. In the game all launchers are assault rifles. If DE would have introduced new "launcher" category, they would have to remove all launchers from the assault rifles, which means they would become incompatible with rifle mods, new category of mods would have to be introduced comparable in numbers to the assault rifle category, launchers would become ineligible for "assault rifle only" mode, and huge amounts of disk space would be required to accommodate all these new mods in the databases.

Not going to happen

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Just now, LeoLeonardoIII said:

My biggest concern with Launcher only is the ammo supply~

That is what emergency Ammo pizzas are for,  when you have managed to completely plastered the walls in Grineer and Corpus yet more are volunteering to add another layer of Gore.

9 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

If you didn't notice, "launchers" is only a wiki category. In the game all launchers are assault rifles. If DE would have introduced new "launcher" category, they would have to remove all launchers from the assault rifles, which means they would become incompatible with rifle mods, new category of mods would have to be introduced comparable in numbers to the assault rifle category, launchers would become ineligible for "assault rifle only" mode, and huge amounts of disk space would be required to accommodate all these new mods in the databases.

Not going to happen

The same thing with bow only sortie condition. Bow uses rifle mods, yet it has it's own sortie condition. If it can happen with bows, why it can't with launchers?

and oddly enough, tonkor, torid, penta and ogris uses sniper ammo pack while opticor uses rifle ammo O.o

Launchers only sound like it could be loads of fun. Alllllllll the way up to the point where you'll get that one sortie with an abundance of enemies and you are more likely to blast yourself to kingdom come.
(Still a yes from me)

6 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

Launchers only sound like it could be loads of fun. Alllllllll the way up to the point where you'll get that one sortie with an abundance of enemies and you are more likely to blast yourself to kingdom come.
(Still a yes from me)

Maybe it will teach people how to move and shoot instead of standing still?

I see it all the time, people seem to forget we can jump and hover mid-air or bullet jump the moment they need to shoot.

48 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

If DE would have introduced new "launcher" category, they would have to remove all launchers from the assault rifles, which means they would become incompatible with rifle mods

Nah, it doesn't stop Sniper Only or Bow Only sorties from being a thing.

I'm more worried that if you exclude the secondaries, there are very few launchers at all, and not a single Prime among them. 

10 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

sortie with an abundance of enemies and you are more likely to blast yourself to kingdom come.

Everyone would just slot Tether Grenades (which is an awesome mod, btw). 

Edited by Reifnir

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

I see it all the time; people seem to forget we can jump and hover mid-air or bullet jump the moment they need to shoot.

Which is sad, because playing a Bombarder Zephyr is one of the coolest ways to use a launcher.