Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon "Rebalance"

Ironlixivium

I think that what DE is doing is not a good choice at all, specifically with the nerfs. These weapons should not be made weaker, but harder to use. The tonkor doesn't need a 10% critical chance decrease and more accuracy, if its dominating too much, it should receive something like less projectile speed or LESS accuracy. I don't know what to say about simulor, I guess the changes make it harder, but I'd like to see a little more damage, so its not just a slower version of itself. As for buffs though I wish they would do that more often. Although I really think that nerfing a meta is not the way to go in general. If anything, make it take more skill. Honestly I think the tonkor was fine, one of the best balanced weapons in the game, because it was good, but not easy to use. I remember when it was released there were so many people saying it was crap because they miss all the time. This habit DE has of releasing good weapons then ripping them back once people have spent a bunch of plat on them is nasty.

Well the Simulor is more focusing on using it's Alt to deal the real damage, which is understandable, not many people use, or even knew it had an alt. Tonkor... Well accuracy won't do jack to it, projectile speed won't matter. Self Damage and a minor damage nerf would have been fine, as the reason it was on top was due to it not having self damage, unlike other launchers. Remember though, these are still subject to change, and I want my Boltace to stay fun, so believe me, I hope they change too.

1 minute ago, --Zephyr-- said:

Or you could, you know, contribute to the convo?

Anyway I think the weapons need to be harder to use or more skill based, like you do

Thank you. The main issue I see with simulor is that any braindead person can be good with it. the tonkor wasn't like this, but I think slower projectile speed on it would be good, certainly not a straight damage nerf (crit chance, directly nerfs the dps of it)

I should also add that I really, REALLY hate the side of this community that walks around in a pub and expects people to kill at their pace....It's a pub, meta should be expected, not your crappy normal cernos with a riven. If you prefer slow play, go solo, or with clanmates/friends that agree its more fun. part of what makes warframe so fun for a lot of people is the fast paced action. Yes, you could say it the other way around "if you like meta play solo or with friends" but more people gives better rewards (aka the reason they're using that stuff in the first place) and think of it like this:

When I drive on the highway, its expected you go the speed limit, not whatever cruise speed you're comfortable with.

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Well the Simulor is more focusing on using it's Alt to deal the real damage, which is understandable, not many people use, or even knew it had an alt. Tonkor... Well accuracy won't do jack to it, projectile speed won't matter. Self Damage and a minor damage nerf would have been fine, as the reason it was on top was due to it not having self damage, unlike other launchers. Remember though, these are still subject to change, and I want my Boltace to stay fun, so believe me, I hope they change too.

that was more of qol than the exact reason it was on top. It does way more damage than the other launchers, especially since crit headshots deal roughly x2 the crit damage. Tonkor will still probably be on top in terms of damage, but its easier to use now, which is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

that was more of qol than the exact reason it was on top. It does way more damage than the other launchers, especially since crit headshots deal roughly x2 the crit damage. Tonkor will still probably be on top in terms of damage, but its easier to use now, which is stupid.

Just to say this. (I'm not in support of the OP)

The auto headshot on aoe weapons was removed quite a while ago meaning you don't always get the 2× damage.

36 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

I think that what DE is doing is not a good choice at all, specifically with the nerfs. These weapons should not be made weaker, but harder to use. The tonkor doesn't need a 10% critical chance decrease and more accuracy, if its dominating too much, it should receive something like less projectile speed or LESS accuracy. I don't know what to say about simulor, I guess the changes make it harder, but I'd like to see a little more damage, so its not just a slower version of itself. As for buffs though I wish they would do that more often. Although I really think that nerfing a meta is not the way to go in general. If anything, make it take more skill. Honestly I think the tonkor was fine, one of the best balanced weapons in the game, because it was good, but not easy to use. I remember when it was released there were so many people saying it was crap because they miss all the time. This habit DE has of releasing good weapons then ripping them back once people have spent a bunch of plat on them is nasty.

tonkor's crit nerf wont make it a crap tier weapon dw. and thats what self damage is doing, making it harder to use. and simulor did got a buff, in status chance. its gonna be even better than it ever was.

10 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

Thank you. The main issue I see with simulor is that any braindead person can be good with it. the tonkor wasn't like this, but I think slower projectile speed on it would be good, certainly not a straight damage nerf (crit chance, directly nerfs the dps of it)

I should also add that I really, REALLY hate the side of this community that walks around in a pub and expects people to kill at their pace....It's a pub, meta should be expected, not your crappy normal cernos with a riven. If you prefer slow play, go solo, or with clanmates/friends that agree its more fun. part of what makes warframe so fun for a lot of people is the fast paced action. Yes, you could say it the other way around "if you like meta play solo or with friends" but more people gives better rewards (aka the reason they're using that stuff in the first place) and think of it like this:

When I drive on the highway, its expected you go the speed limit, not whatever cruise speed you're comfortable with.

Well the Tonkor was still brainlessly shooitng ina group regardless the range without having ot worry about hurting yourself, even with lower damge as other explsoive it is better that way since you can spam it aswell highering oyur damage much more then a weapon you have to aim and careful where it detonates. This nerf is also needed sincce why whould i take a AoE that damages me then one i can even use in close combat without having to think of secondary or melee as option. Lazyness and i am glad those weapons get a change.

The reason the Tonkor didnt do self damage was because of the explosion jump ala The Soldier of TF2. It should have changed to do self damage when Parkour happened, but didnt happen until now, less crit chance to bring it closer to the other explosive launchers, it still has a 2.5x multiplier. More accuracy to reward aiming,

Simulor got both a buff and a nerf, the explosion of the vortex ending does the real damage, but you need to build it up, but now you need less orbs to make it appear, and it focus on you detonating the vortexes yourself to do more damage than before.

Its pressing 1 more button...

Focusing so much on the negatives, while I'm actually rebuilding the Panthera and Hind to take another look at them.

Its like people have selective memory and forget the other weapons' change in this.

31 minutes ago, --Zephyr-- said:

Or you could, you know, contribute to the convo?

Anyway I think the weapons need to be harder to use or more skill based, like you do

I believe i have contributed enough on the other dozen topics about the same thing, thank you...

The weapons are being made to work as they were suppose to, Simulors turned into a detonation launcher and the Telos Boltance a slightly better variant of the original and not a blender of carnage and destruction as it was.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

tonkor's crit nerf wont make it a crap tier weapon dw. and thats what self damage is doing, making it harder to use. and simulor did got a buff, in status chance. its gonna be even better than it ever was.

yea, me ignoring the self damage wasn't an accident :P I don't really care, I just need more situational awareness for it.