Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is now pure frustration.

Heatnix.

-- and not for the reasons you may think. I want to play this game so much, I really do! I want to get Octavia and level her up, get some guns, forma, shoot some stuff, get comfortable with the skills... but... there is no point. This game has no point to me anymore. There's nothing to do! It holds nothing of interest for me out there anymore at all.

It's not a "relic system complaint" topic, it's mostly a plea for adding something else to end this boring, endless grind. The relic system killed the fun of the game, the thrill of doing survival and defense for an hour, neck-deep in trouble with other 3 random people (or friends) hoping to get something good, getting rewarded for enduring the absurdity of the void. Now, people just fly through everything to farm. They restart survival, defense, just move on. Get something good, farm relics, farm traces, farm parts so you can sell or make so you can farm relics, farm traces, farm parts. Hell, at this point even Draco looks like something to do compared to flying through the level as fast as possible and restarting. I remember  sabotage. Splitting up to find the caches was so frustrating sometimes but it gave us purpose to do something. Or me anyway since people are actually extremely happy with the relic system and how simple it is to get stuff. I don't blame them, that's cool and all... it's just that, personally, theres no longer a game for me.

Sorties still suck and will never stop sucking. Raids? The 2 raids we have that have been the same forever? What about-- oh yeah! The new Riven mods! The ones you farm so you can do silly challenges so you can have an overpowered weapon to use... on what again? 3 minutes long void fissures? 5 minutes survival restarts? Yeah, we sure need broken weapons for that. Definitely.

Everything is farming and grinding your life away for things that you actually don't need to farm and grind your life away for. There's nothing to put them to use. Nothing at all out there in the Warframe. I'm so bored of it, so frustrated because I'm aching to play but there's nothing for me to do.

If you made it all the way to this line, I thank you. I just needed to vent. If I get any responses at all it will be the DE-fence force saying stuff like "lol the game is the best it has been in ever" and "lol the relic system is the perfection of gaming" and all that. Whatever, just felt like I needed to type this.

Edited by Heatnix.

9 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Sorties still suck and will never end up sucking.

Guessing there is a missing word in there somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

The relic system killed the fun of the game, the thrill of doing survival and defense for an hour, neck-deep in trouble with other 3 random people (or friends) hoping to get something good, getting rewarded for enduring the absurdity of the void.

Agree on this.  We got halfway possibly decent incentives to maintain a longer fissure endless mission but nothing at all for normal endless.  Still get crap credit caches, common mods and 15 endo.  Pointless.

6 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

If you made it all the way to this line, I thank you. I just needed to vent. If I get any responses at all it will be the DE-fence force saying stuff like "lol the game is the best it has been in ever" and "lol the relic system is the perfection of gaming" and all that. Whatever, just felt like I needed to type this.

Why does seeing positive points make you a butt licker?

Old void was a wasteland of gold and crying babbies over muh key and doing missions for hours on end for 1 drop. It had problems. Also you had to farm keys just like relics except it was mainly for the quick missions like capture or exterminate. T3 exterminate was rare as hell.

Though the sense of purpose in doing certain mission types was there so you do have a point. Sabotage no one bothers with caches anymore. Old void it meant nabbing an extra prime. Endless missions were an investment. You went into one knowing you were gonna have to kick &#! or get your &#! kicked. Recruiting had more traffic. It's an awkward transition phase right now.

Still, I haven't seen leechers or afkers in awhile and the rest of the solar map is getting more use so it did do something. The game updates too slowly to instantly address all these problems at once. Burnout is a thing so take a break.

I feel and understand your view as well. As fun as Octavia sounds...I'm done killing the same enemies over and over again with no incentive at the end.

I'm not even bothered to login to update the game cause after I get the frame and weapons maxed out...it's back to nothing else to do again.

So just do what I do, play other games out there. So many better and engaging games. Come back to Warframe after they add real content which might be later this year. But dont forget to login at least so you don't get far behind on the login reward days. 

This game havent felt the same since they blew up the void ive been out for some months and even trying to come back and thinking about farming the new banshee prime farming the relics making them radiant finding squads for that specific relic is just bad. All my friends left and there is not much fun things for me to do anymore as a veteran. Ive been playing this game for years n ive seen alot of changes and nerfs even the new weapon nerfs dont bother me because ive been around dat long to know not to love something to much in this game but the void rework was the one that really changed this game for me because it was a tileset i played everyday to farm prime parts, make platinum n do a little endurance runs, it gave me incentive to play over n over, unfortunately not this new relic system and i guess thats my fault that i cant adapt. P.S no need for salty replies or arguments its just my opinion. 

dont worry bruh nobody will be playing in a month. after every one gets the new tard frame and makes god awful music with no way of muting them every one goes solo and after a month of that the game is seen for what it is endless grind... which i dont mind so much but yea between nerfs to things that were not op and ivara and chroma not being nerfed well its a good enough excuse to spend money elsewhere when your subjected to the worst of the 80s soundtrack volume 10

4 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

the thrill of doing survival and defense for an hour, neck-deep in trouble with other 3 random people (or friends) hoping to get something good, getting rewarded for enduring the absurdity of the void.

Ah, I remember that...

I HATED it. I will gladly put up with ANYTHING the relic system throws at me if it means I never have to put up with 5.5% drop chances ever again

The actual thrill of the battle is still there for me. I can get it in sorties if, say, mission 3 ends us with Survival w/ enemy something enhancement. Or those hieracon runs that go to 2k in the recruiting chat

I'm not saying that you are completely wrong, but that was always the case and now you're burned down enough to see it. I always find it hilarious when people with 2K hours ingame, with 1K posts on forum, after 4yrs of playing warframe cry "there is nothing to do in this game!" - Guys, you're becoming an "iron E" meme. 

1 hour ago, m101011 said:

dont worry bruh nobody will be playing in a month. after every one gets the new tard frame and makes god awful music with no way of muting them every one goes solo and after a month of that the game is seen for what it is endless grind... which i dont mind so much but yea between nerfs to things that were not op and ivara and chroma not being nerfed well its a good enough excuse to spend money elsewhere when your subjected to the worst of the 80s soundtrack volume 10

NOT OP ??? Simulor, Tonkor and Teltace were godlike, don't lie wtf...

And yeah, next stop is EMBER, Chroma, Ivara, Mirage ? If they need to nerf all the game to make you play or leave, yeah, they should. Cause actually you're playing "free loot simulator" and act as a spoiled kid when your godkey won't open the biggest door.

Sooo in other words, your burnt out. Do like every other normal person does when burn out sets in. Leave! take a break! take a moment and compose yourself, and come back if it is in the stars. 

As for your other complaints come on now. As if NOBODY runs long missions anymore. I surely haven't run a few 60min survivals for the funsies, lvling purposes and just for something to do. Also let's not pretend the 20min mark wasn't a stapled stopping point back with keys. 

Sorties yea....can't fully argue there. But at the same time, I actually can. Raids as well and I will get to it at the end. As for rivens, once again because NO other weapon but the OP ones get good rivens right? There is NOBODY running missions longer then one go correct? Really? 

But this last point....oh god are you new to the genre? mmos, mmorpgs have always been time sinks. Large chunk of them are gear grinders with other dabs sprinkled in and have been for quite a while. The difference is how well they mask it and how well you fall into it and WF hasn't hid what it is. Why is this always the one point that is always consistent when coming at a particular game considering the fact that it is a wide staple of the genre itself.

I understand your frustration. I really do. I spoke the exact same about the relic system when it came. I wanted keys back while everyone else kept the new system. I have looked at WF at times, got burnt out and left. I have looked at mmos in general and asked "why am I even doing this". I have seen how easy things have gotten with OP weapons and abilities. But there is a large difference between myself though. If I am tired of something, I stop playing it. If something is no longer a challenge or fun like raids or sorties, I stop using the most powerful setup and try something else <---this particular one I swear seems to be foreign to people who claim things are easy or boring because of gear. Challenge runs. I understand people want difficulty set for them but my god it isn't hard to make things fun for yourself. 

Now there is still validity in what you say. Not arguing there and I have long wanted a way to start missions at a set lvl so I wouldn't have to work up to the fun bits but still. 

While someone tried to make it less skinner box, time sink, repetitive, and cheesy with more challenges and fair difficulties there will always be someone who said "nah there're more grindy games out there" or "Cheese is fun" which leads to the questions "Why do we need a sophisticated designed game if a grindy game that you can win by simple left click like Cookieclicker exists?" and "Only flashy graphics and loots matter?".

Wait untill the Sentients show up. Wait for the remake of Focus.

Wait for Syndicate and Clan buildups.

Wait for Umbra.

Wait for the next Cinematic Quest.

Wait for playermade quests.

- These are things we know are planned. Right now the grind is all we got if you are not interested in fanstuff ot lore.

This is a game with the possibility of endless updates, are you kidding me? Explore other area

7 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

-- and not for the reasons you may think. I want to play this game so much, I really do! I want to get Octavia and level her up, get some guns, forma, shoot some stuff, get comfortable with the skills... but... there is no point. This game has no point to me anymore. There's nothing to do! It holds nothing of interest for me out there anymore at all.

It's not a "relic system complaint" topic, it's mostly a plea for adding something else to end this boring, endless grind. The relic system killed the fun of the game, the thrill of doing survival and defense for an hour, neck-deep in trouble with other 3 random people (or friends) hoping to get something good, getting rewarded for enduring the absurdity of the void. Now, people just fly through everything to farm. They restart survival, defense, just move on. Get something good, farm relics, farm traces, farm parts so you can sell or make so you can farm relics, farm traces, farm parts. Hell, at this point even Draco looks like something to do compared to flying through the level as fast as possible and restarting. I remember  sabotage. Splitting up to find the caches was so frustrating sometimes but it gave us purpose to do something. Or me anyway since people are actually extremely happy with the relic system and how simple it is to get stuff. I don't blame them, that's cool and all... it's just that, personally, there no longer a game for me.

Sorties still suck and will never end up sucking. Raids? The 2 raids we have that have been the same forever? What about-- oh yeah! The new Riven mods! The ones you farm so you can do silly challenges so you can have an overpowered weapon to use... on what again? 3 minutes long void fissures? 5 minutes survival restarts? Yeah, we sure need broken weapons for that. Definitely.

Everything is farming and grinding your life away for things that you actually don't need to farm and grind your life away. There's nothing to put them to use. Nothing at all out there in the Warframe. I'm so bored of it, so frustrated because I'm aching to play but there's nothing for me to do.

This is a game with the possibility of endless upadates, are you kidding me? Exolore other areas of this vast work of art other than the few that you mentioned... good Lord, what a virus of a post.. I, for one, love this game, and the community that surrounds it!

Burning out is one thing, but this one is true: there is nothing to do when you reach end-game. 2h+ surv? 100 waves def? There is no reason at all to do it, i still enjoy this game cause im finishing my collection, but i had a burnout already at mr 12 - simply because there was no challenge anymore just as there was no reason to rise my mr.

If DE will finally make something interesting for players with full gear to test it on, then it will be great, but until then instead of grinding for no reason, it may be good idea to take a break.

17 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I play the game because I enjoy the gameplay. One would think that would be enough.

Well, I can understand playing the game so much that someone would burn out on the gameplay itself, and if there's nothing else to hold their interest like new loot, things to collect, etc., then they'd have no more reason to play the game.  But in that case I'd suggest just stop playing the game for awhile and find other games to play that do kindle a desire to play them.  Come back to Warframe after 6 months or a year and see if you enjoy the basic gameplay mechanics again, or see if they've added any new and interesting mechanics, or at the very least check out all the new weapons/warframes/quests/tilesets/etc.  

I don't think it's DE's fault that people burn out and lose interest, I think it's just a symptom of the kind of free to play game that Warframe is.  I also don't think there's an easy solution for DE to latch onto to fix it either, and I think they're doing their best to add and change and fix things to keep our interest in their game from flagging.  Mistakes have been and will continue to be made, but overall I think they've done an admirable job with making this a fun and rewarding game.  I don't fault anyone for losing interest though, especially those of you that have sunk a lot of hours into it, but I myself will probably continue playing for awhile yet.