Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other Co-Op games like Warframe?

Mos-Eisley

ME multiplayer seems to be the closest thing to Warframe

There's not many co-op shooters out there (specifically one that's like Warframe) sadly. It'd be interesting to see what DE would do when a potential competitor appears.

Edited by TotallyLagging

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe is kind of a unique genre mixture. The closest thing I can think of is Smite.

- Free

- MOBA

- Co-Op or Solo

- Different characters with different abilities

Smite?! You realize Warframe isn't at all a MOBA, right?

ME3 and ME Andromeda MP modes come close, hell, when I first started Warframe it was because it strongly reminded me of the ME3 MP.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

If you want F2P MMO style game 

Defiance isn't bad. I enjoyed it.
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/224600/

If you want actual Co-Op
Borderlands Series is great
Battlefield 3 has co-op missions.( Have not tried BF 4 ) 
Pay Day 2
Arma 2 and 3. 

Also I am sure a lot of people are going to Boo me for saying it but 
Metal Gear Survive is coming out later this year. I personally think it looks fun, since I enjoyed Phantom pain a lot.

Also entire trailer is actually fully rendered in game. Fox Engine by Kojima was a masterpiece. RIP. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I had a lot of fun with Defiance.

It's mostly open-world, so the co-op is spontaneous based around players gathering for events rather than specifically team/squad based.

It's also very grindy, so be aware of that.

Warframe is very grindy, so no change there.

36 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Defiance is much more grindy than Warframe, it's almost completely based on random loot; at least in Warframe you can craft weapons and know what you're getting.

I think it is equal amount of Grind. It took me 46 tries just to get all of equinox parts and 32 tries for Niidus.

Diablo 3 is pretty similar. However, once you hit max level its like the game just hands you all the good items (Equivalent to Warframe handing you a free lvl 30 Potatoed Excal prime, Maxed forma/Cata Soma Prime and Galatine Prime). Once you have the best build for your class, there isn't really much to do besides see how high you can get on the leaderboards for the season. If that interests you, the game plus the expansion is about $30. It is easy to get burnt out in it though.

Edited by Pulser132
Added stuff in ()

4 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

If you want F2P MMO style game 

Defiance isn't bad. I enjoyed it.
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/224600/

If you want actual Co-Op
Borderlands Series is great
Battlefield 3 has co-op missions.( Have not tried BF 4 ) 
Pay Day 2
Arma 2 and 3. 

Also I am sure a lot of people are going to Boo me for saying it but 
Metal Gear Survive is coming out later this year. I personally think it looks fun, since I enjoyed Phantom pain a lot.

Also entire trailer is actually fully rendered in game. Fox Engine by Kojima was a masterpiece. RIP. 

While I agree with the whole F Konami thing the game is still being done by the very staff that was working on previous titles aswell.It may be a random spin-off but the idea and concept behind it surely are interesting so I'm going to give it a try atleast.

Also Lost Planet 2 is a good co-op game, suprisingly its still very active on PS3 as I got the game fairly late myself, like several months ago and theres still lots of people playing it.