Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia's anthem is too difficault

zoobmer

On 3/26/2017 at 10:01 AM, ZBanx said:

can someone suggest a full, highly descriptive strategy on killing them without getting hit?

what I'm getting from these replies is to stay in the rift and spam my operator. is that it?

No, on the contrary, I'll suggest this: Take Inaros, take all the hits from those level 20 sentients and laugh.as their impotent attacks barely move your health bar.

It's completely doable... provided you are used to cheesing or otherwise stomping the opposition in Warframe (anyone with invincibility or extreme high damage weapons like a Tigris prime often do the job).
And remember you can use your operator to reset the Sentient's damage adaptation.

I did it while ranking up Valkyir prime. 2 slide+attacks per sentient were enough to kill them while I was, of course, invulnerable.

Edited by The_Doc

On 3/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

yes 

I had Ivara. Prowl + Artemis Bow and the highest damage primary I had to pull stats from. Since they're very vertically built I just sat there cloaked and spammed 0-charge shots. But what about energy you ask? They recharge your energy when killed. I killed several hundreds of each while standing still and could go on indefinitely. Only 2 or 3 even fought back and I just walked away and came back after they were done with their hissy fit. Elements didn't even matter when they're that low level and there's that many separate projectiles

Edited by Valrave
Elements part added

On 3/25/2017 at 8:16 PM, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

I soloed this on my Hybrid build Trinity.  I used her doing a blind run because I figured there'd be some painful bosses/minibosses - I wasn't completely wrong!  However here is why she works out!

First and foremost when dealing with the sentient mobs, you will find that her, "Link" ability quite vital.   This being because it serves two purposes... one reduces damage, and two takes all the damage that you do and returns it to your linked target(s).   As such when you have three of those sentients shooting at you - while you have your link up they are hurting themselves too!   The next thing which is very nice is about Trinity is that she allows you to use mobs to generate the energy needed keep a link going, and use blessing as needed so that you don't die when you do get hit... because you will be hit some times when the link goes down.

Now to this you can then add the weapons of your choice.  To help speed this process though I would recommend taking weapons with a few damage types because remember, they do build up resistances.    Now if you don't want to do that you can also try going into your operator form (a bit trickier as leaving your frame as a sitting duck is NOT a good idea... but still doable if you can do it while you have link up) and blasting them with your beam which resets the resistances.  

This at least is how I did it, and I managed to do a blind run without having to restart the whole way through... so it worked for me.

Best of luck ZBanx!

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, ZBanx said:

Stealth frame like Ivara and Loki.

Attack them from stealth and use your operator death ray to reset their resistances. It's cheesy, but Sentients enforce cheese.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZBanx said:

the sentients DPS is obscene, and they grow resistant to quickly. DE simply has to make this a co-op mission. doesn't matter how you guys beat it solo, I simply can not do it!

Sorry to sound like a complete A******, but DE doesn't have to do anything just because you are frustrated that you can't be a quest. Sorry that you are having so much trouble with the mission, but as you can see, you are in the minority. Have you even tried the recommendations your fellow players have shown you here?

2 hours ago, ZBanx said:

the sentients DPS is obscene, and they grow resistant to quickly. DE simply has to make this a co-op mission. doesn't matter how you guys beat it solo, I simply can not do it!

Doesn't matter how we beat it? We're literally telling you how to do it. Try different builds and tactics. Yes, the sentients are tough, but they're not impossible to beat. The stealth options that others have mentioned are probably the safer way to approach sentients. I opted to face tank the damage and out DPS the sentients with Chroma and a Vaykor Hek. I too solo'd the entire quest with this build. We're not busting your balls here, we're telling you it can be done.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, Tsaiorchis said:

DE doesn't have to do anything

they do if they want players of varying skill level to keep playing. if the game is only engaging for players of a specific skill level, and anyone above or bellow that just leaves, do you know how much that would hurt the game? so yes, DE has to make the game appeal to as much of their player base as possible. having the option to choose between solo and co-op is one of the main ways the game achieves this. other games that are solo-only achieve this with optional difficulty settings.

On 4/15/2017 at 0:05 AM, Jobistober said:

Doesn't matter how we beat it? We're literally telling you how to do it. Try different builds and tactics. Yes, the sentients are tough, but they're not impossible to beat. The stealth options that others have mentioned are probably the safer way to approach sentients. I opted to face tank the damage and out DPS the sentients with Chroma and a Vaykor Hek. I too solo'd the entire quest with this build. We're not busting your balls here, we're telling you it can be done.

I tried the suggested tactics that I had the gear for, and I could not execute them.

On 4/15/2017 at 7:45 AM, Death_Master_ said:

I soloed it with Ash, no problem, just long.

you're not even suggesting a strategy here.

On 4/15/2017 at 7:51 AM, Coldie93 said:

Complete War Within quest if that's not suggested yet.

I already completed it! I finished that quest within a month of it coming out. and yes, I know the tenno can reset the Sentient's weakness. still too difficult.

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

they do if they want players of varying skill level to keep playing. if the game is only engaging for players of a specific skill level, and anyone above or bellow that just leaves, do you know how much that would hurt the game? so yes, DE has to make the game appeal to as much of their player base as possible. having the option to choose between solo and co-op is one of the main ways the game achieves this. other games that are solo-only achieve this with optional difficulty settings.

I tried the suggested tactics that I had the gear for, and I could not execute them.

you're not even suggesting a strategy here.

I already completed it! I finished that quest within a month of it coming out. and yes, I know the tenno can reset the Sentient's weakness. still too difficult.

At this point, this is a you problem.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, ZBanx said:

"THAT'S IT! NERF NERF NERF IT!"

welp....

On 26.03.2017 at 3:30 AM, midtarget said:

it doesnt take a squad.

it takes skill and ignoring several cheese strats and good weapon choice

Actually it doesn't take anything, these are low lvl sentients. 

I did it on some random frame without any special weapons and was thinking they werent even real sentients but some nerfed quest versions of them, if someone actually went there with mesa they would die from 1 peacemaker shot probably.

On 3/26/2017 at 5:16 AM, ZBanx said:

Dude, it is so easy

Loki, telos boltor, kulstar, galatine prime

The last part, wukong, telos boltor

Mission done

On March 25, 2017 at 9:23 PM, FlyingLlama said:

They are lv20.. Easy stuff.

Just keep moving and stay off the ground and they wont hit you. Alternatively take a tank frame, or limbo, and roflstomp them. also operator beam bypasses their resistance, you can use it to pass hp thresholds and reset them.

Or Volt, lock them down with Overload, throw shields up and fire weapons through them to hit them with more damage types than they can adapt to and increased CRIT chance.

Who else?