The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Excalibur Prime

Ventura_Highway

I just want that sexy cyclops helmet, but have resigned myself to never being able to have it. Hopefully Umbra makes up the stat difference. 

Seems like founders are split on whether everyone else should get him or not; a poll would be interesting.

1 minute ago, Magneu said:

I just want that sexy cyclops helmet, but have resigned myself to never being able to have it. Hopefully Umbra makes up the stat difference. 

Seems like founders are split on whether everyone else should get him or not; a poll would be interesting.

Even if the poll went 51% yes 49% no de cant re-release them due to legal obligations from what i know ( could be wrong dont quote me ). I'm pretty sure 100% of all founders would have to sign on for DE to even consider re-releasing it which will never happen.

Just now, MajesticPinecone said:

Even if the poll went 51% yes 49% no de cant re-release them due to legal obligations from what i know ( could be wrong dont quote me ). I'm pretty sure 100% of all founders would have to sign on for DE to even consider re-releasing it which will never happen.

Well yes, I know the legal issue, but I'd be curious what effect a large majority (say, 75%+) of founders saying they wouldn't care would have. Does one party continue to enforce a contract if the other party doesn't care about what happens any more? I'm also not sure about the legal specifics, or if it's ever legally enforceable (AKA founders could sue) if DE "broke" the contract.

In any case, I really doubt 100% would ever happen; I'm sure you've seen those founders on the forums from time to time.

1 hour ago, Darkfeather21 said:

I don't get it. What's the statistical difference between Excalibro and Excalibro Prime?

He has 25 more armor at base than his unprimed counterpart due to his virtuous and uncompromising nature!

When Steel Fiber is factored in this is about 52.5 more armor, and a 2.5~% higher ability to absorb damage.

reality is that excalibur prime is never coming back and the faster people get over it the better. it's been 4 years  and what a suprise its not back... de has said on countless ocassions hes never coming back so any thread on it is pointless. just wait  till umbra excal comes out or just forma your excal. its only a 25% amour difference so nothing really to care about.

1 hour ago, MajesticPinecone said:

de cant re-release them due to legal obligations 

Either show me a contract, or any other legal paper which has those "legal obligations" in it, or stop with that legal nonsense already.

DE has none legal obligations regarding Founders items whatsoever. None. Not a single one.

The only thing that at stakes in case they do re-relese Founders items is the public trust. That's it. Nothing more.

The only legal consequence theorethically possible is a class action law suit about false advertisement. But even then, I bet, it has already been covered in smallest text in Terms of Service, or EULA, or any other publicly available document that no one ever bothers to actually read.

Edited by WindigoTP

46 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

reality is that excalibur prime is never coming back and the faster people get over it the better.

It's sad, but as long as new people keeps joining the game there will always be someone asking for it's return for whatever reason such as wanting poster boy prime, the primed version of their starter frame of choice, wanting the mastery points (dumb but I've seen people complain for it) or anything else. Even Steve has openly recognized that making said gear a one time exclusive deal was a big mistake, but it's still not enough to make DE break their word to their so called "early players" (even when I know of some players who have spent money while founder pack was available and nobody recognizes their contribution since they bought platinum instead)

46 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

just wait  till umbra excal comes out or just forma your excal. its only a 25 flat amour difference so nothing really to care about.

It's been almost 2 years and DE keeps doing nothing but [DE]lay any Umbra related progress; about putting forma on my excal, no matter how many of those I put on mine, he's not getting the passive 250 energy regen when touching death orbs :)

Edited by ----Legacy----

As a founder who has excal prime, No dont bring it back, its meant to be a sign of prestige and a reward for backing the game in its infancy, if everyone had access to it it would kinda get rid of the whole point of Founder rewards.

2 hours ago, MajesticPinecone said:

2 hours ago, Magneu said:

Well yes, I know the legal issue, but I'd be curious what effect a large majority (say, 75%+) of founders saying they wouldn't care would have. Does one party continue to enforce a contract if the other party doesn't care about what happens any more? I'm also not sure about the legal specifics, or if it's ever legally enforceable (AKA founders could sue) if DE "broke" the contract.

In any case, I really doubt 100% would ever happen; I'm sure you've seen those founders on the forums from time to time.

The contract no one ever seen. As far as I know, founder pack could be purchased in the same way as any prime access. Plus, all the accounts, including founder ones, are owned solely by DE, and we just get a personal access to these accounts. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of banned founder accounts, if there was a contract, wouldn't banned founders sue DE for this?

There's no contract and no legal issues. DE just hold onto their promise.