Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all Warframe power's work 100% regardless of enemy level

I had a good time playing the pacifism event but it made me think about something.. Several Warframe have abilities that start to become less than 100% successful as enemy level ramps up.. but some can push into level 300-500 enemies and still work 100%.

What I noticed was that this event turned into simply avoiding event mechanics and enemies to try to keep up with others scores. I personally didn't find that satisfying. It wasn't about how I modded up, which weapons I chose and how we fought the enemy to reach success but how we could avoid doing that.

This in itself isn't that bad to happen occasionally but then it involved having to choose the same playstyle, with pretty much the same Warframe to compete.

This led me to consider if this is a good thing or not? The amount of different frames in this game is awesome and everyone seems to have their favorites. Why didn't we all have equal chance to play, enjoy and possibly succeed with our Warframe of choice? Should some Warframe have their abilities start to not work while others always work regardless of enemy level? Food for thought.

I believe that all powers should be effective against all enemy levels, but not in the same ways. To explain better, take equinox's maim ability, it kills enemies out right at lower end, and at higher ends it is a type of CC as enemies who are in the bubble kinda flail for a few moments from the sudden slash procs. Powers should start out being able to OBLITERATE weaker enemies, while being able to stun/disable higher end enemies.

A good example of a change I would do would be Ember's fireball, low end it kills enemies, higher end it should be a 100% chance to send an enemy into a flailing panic of "I'M ON FIRE!" Which has them run around and potentially spread the fire to OTHER enemies.

This way the warframe itself doesn't become a 1 or 2 trick pony(Valkyr + Warcry/Hysteria, Banshee + Sonar/Resonating Quake, ect.)

17 minutes ago, (PS4)StoneScorpion197 said:

Several Warframe have abilities that start to become less than 100% successful as enemy level ramps up

Can you give us some examples as to which abilities fall off? If you're talking about Ember's WoF, ofc it'll do really well to weaker enemies, but as enemies gain more health and more ancient disrupters show up, its damage will fall off. Even CC abilities like Vauban's Bastille and Vortex would fall off. Disrupters reduce the effectiveness of Bastille, while ancient healers stop their allies from becoming ragdolled with Repelling Bastille and Vortex. Even parasitic eximi will cripple Vauban's ability to CC because he depends a lot on being able to spam his abilities.

IIRC this isn't because enemy level (at least not directly). The operation was infested based and people seem to be unaware that Ancient Disruptors are more than just energy snatchers. Ancient Disruptors absolutely lower all power damage (by like 90% at that) and that buff is extended by its aura to all its allies in range. This was easily and widely observable when Ash Blade Storm was still a single press. As Ash would poke Disruptors (if they were the only enemy left) like 15+ times and still not kill them when they would obliterate the other factions after just one or two.

Now the other part also comes from Disruptor auras which is they lower all power based effect durations (eg Mind control, Bastille, Discharge) by at least 50% the duration. It is important to note that its only powers that don't inflict a status effect (like radiation, cold, heat, etc) as status effects are not affected. In such cases Loki Irrad Disarm is better than Nyx Chaos for the purpose of mass enemy infighting simply because Irrad Disarm will proc radiation and not by affected by Disruptors and their aura.

I am uncertain if Disruptors stack auras but they do add to Healer auras to make all affected allies little tanks by any usual comparisons to powers. And as the levels increase you are more likely to have these enemies in greater numbers.

TLDR: Disruptors are the Infested soft Nullifiers.

18 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

A good example of a change I would do would be Ember's fireball, low end it kills enemies, higher end it should be a 100% chance to send an enemy into a flailing panic of "I'M ON FIRE!" Which has them run around and potentially spread the fire to OTHER enemies.

I like this change to the fire proc. Cause currently, it's essentially an electric proc, but with different animations. If it spread to other enemies that would be neat.

17 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

Can you give us some examples as to which abilities fall off? If you're talking about Ember's WoF, ofc it'll do really well to weaker enemies, but as enemies gain more health and more ancient disrupters show up, its damage will fall off. Even CC abilities like Vauban's Bastille and Vortex would fall off. Disrupters reduce the effectiveness of Bastille, while ancient healers stop their allies from becoming ragdolled with Repelling Bastille and Vortex. Even parasitic eximi will cripple Vauban's ability to CC because he depends a lot on being able to spam his abilities.

The example I had noticed, which I'm pretty certain of, was as enemy levels got much higher Excalibur's blind was no longer 100% effective. Sometimes I'd cast it and some enemies wouldn't be blinded.  

14 minutes ago, (PS4)StoneScorpion197 said:

The example I had noticed, which I'm pretty certain of, was as enemy levels got much higher Excalibur's blind was no longer 100% effective. Sometimes I'd cast it and some enemies wouldn't be blinded.  

That's either because 1: There were disruptors around which reduced the duration of your blind to the point that it wore off really quickly, or 2: They were not in your LoS, and so they weren't affected by it at all

12 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

That's either because 1: There were disruptors around which reduced the duration of your blind to the point that it wore off really quickly, or 2: They were not in your LoS, and so they weren't affected by it at all

Hmm, ok. That does change things. I'll have to relook at things. Thanks

On 3/27/2017 at 11:36 PM, Miser_able said:

I would prefer if damage focused abilities did a percentage of enemies health. That way you can't steamroll low level content or be completely useless at high level. 

Limbo's new powerset does that (I believe it's Cataclysm that does it; he's not out on console yet). As I understand, it deals damage equal to 10% of enemy health to every affected enemy; this means if you get 10 of the same enemy inside the cataclysm, they will all die when you collapse it. If you get a few grunts and a couple heavies, you are likely going to wound the heavies (perhaps badly) and wipe out the grunts. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack