Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

25 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Just because you can't mention any doesn't mean they do exist. Of course if you can provide any example of a frame capable of wiping out a group of, let us say, lvl 100+ infested ancients with a single ability cast I will be more than happy to admit my being wrong.

Go ahead and impress me ^_^

Lmao nice smiley. You sound agitated, friend. You're not going to agree with me or admit to anything anyway, so I thought I'd waste my time giving you examples but I'll do it to humor you. Oh, and what makes Cataclysm really strong is the augment, so two casts for high end. (3 and 4, since you've already established you have no idea)

Octavia can do it with 1 and 4, all you have to do is wait a second and it destroys everything in the area, Grineer and all. Probably better than Limbo.

Mirage depending on the weapon can do it with her 1 very simply. Oh god, you have to click a few times, I know.

Mesa's 4 with the right setup, not hard.

Nidus 1 built correctly with stacks will work with ease as well. It really doesn't take long to build stacks and it isn't difficult to hold on to them. If you know what you're doing. 

Mag's Magnetize explosion with low duration especially with the right weapon will scale great, better even. Kills Grineer fine too.

Saryn works great as well.

Equinox, as you've said yourself, and with minimal effort, unless you feel that combo is difficult for you for some reason. 

Ash's 4 built correctly with work, albeit slower, but it works fine with Grineer too so its an upside.

Any invisibility with a proper melee using Primed Reach. Room clears like its nothing. Banshee's Sonar works well too, if you have Naramon in addition absolutely nothing can survive. 

And I already said it earlier, some of these might take slightly (very slightly) more effort. That doesn't mean they don't work similarly. If you're not inept you shouldn't notice an extra 2 seconds of effort.

Edited by Urquiora

So the new paradigm is... If that frame doesn't have invisibility, active defense [nullifier direct face tanking], decoy [friendly unit summoning included] type abilities, it deserves high offensive power?

Banshee Limbo [Mag] Nova Excalibur* : High dmg 

Vauban : Extreme CC long period lockdown instead of dmg

Ember Hydroid Oberon : Then there're these 3...... ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*[channeled auto parry isn't good enough to be called "tanking"]

**Mesa Nekros Titania are kinda in grey area.

***Mag??? what's Mag??????

Edited by Volinus7

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

In other words none can do it with a single click like Limbo does.

In other words you didn't read, you're inept, and not looking to challenge your firm (and wrong) opinion. I bet you awaited my reply ready to press Enter no matter what it said lol. Thanks for clarifying. 

Edited by Urquiora

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

But... you didn't mention any frame that can do with a click ? 

What do you mean a click? There is no click involved, you're pressing 3 and 4 with Limbo. Two button presses, three if you count turning Cataclysm off. Octavia's is specifically two button presses as well for arguably better results and no wasted augment slot. Mesa's 4 is holding click. Nidus is one button press + the 2 if you want to gather them up to make it even easier. Ash's is one "click" with combo multiplier. Equinox's is like two presses and a covert lethality kill each. Magnetize is one button press with a few shots fired in. A lot of these also work on Grineer, the one faction with proper armor.

Lmao I shouldn't have said anything, you guys are going to whine about those now too.

Edited by Urquiora

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

But... you didn't mention any frame that can do with a click ? 

Because there are none. To get same results as Limbo mashing 4 a bunch of other frames need to turn on the tryhard mode.

He's like old Saryn or Mag, except his AoE will kill nullifiers with blasts from units around them.

I was about to start a topic on this!

I was one who wanted desperately that Limbo got a rework and Buff but not as it was done.

Limbo has dropped into the same issue we had with Ash but worst this time because different from Ash, Limbo can regenerate his energy wile casting his Ult and also prevent other players from killing enemies that are in the area of his skill.

I just came from a Void Fissure defense mission where a Limbo did nothing for 20 whole waves other than stand on top of the Cryo-Pod and spam his Cataclysm which took up the whole defense map. Me and the other 2 players only moved to collect what had dropped as we had no chance of killing enemies even waiting at their spawn locations.

1AJtLZL.jpg

Image made by me. :3

29 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Because there are none. To get same results as Limbo mashing 4 a bunch of other frames need to turn on the tryhard mode.

He's like old Saryn or Mag, except his AoE will kill nullifiers with blasts from units around them.

I believe you ment Saryn and Ash? Mag was never a Press4ToWin frame.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

40 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

lol maybe you'll get there someday

Edited by Urquiora

Yeah after seeing this more since the patch, and trying it a bit more, something definitely needs to be done. I said earlier in the thread that I didn't want the skill neutered, and I don't - I still think a scaling aoe is a GOOD thing for the game. We want more skills that aren't useless past level 40 for damage.

That said, some serious balancing act needs to happen here. Either a small damage nerf combined with a mechanic change (i.e. old Saryn vs new Saryn), or a bigger mechanic change...I dunno. This is ridiculously powerful right now, though, and if people thought Banshee was OP, post-buff Limbo is a downright joke. I would hate to see the skill be useless for damage though, and given DE's history with balancing OP abilities, I'm not sure I have any hope that they'd balance it without reducing it to another forgotten ulti, or one that oneshots things at level 10 but doesn't tickle a level 50. But still...maybe they'll come through.

Currently, Limbo's 4th is too strong. Limbos always end up with more damage and kills than everyone else in the squad. This is wrong and a fix must be implemented immediately. The appropriate action is to nerf Trinity. 

I love old Limbo, I love new Limbo, I think Limbo is fantastic in his current iteration. I don't want him changed or nerfed. 

But he is absolutely too strong. No ifs, ands, or buts. He was a jack of all trades before, but now he fulfills every role better than almost everyone.

Sixty meters of full stun? Yup. Scaling AoE burst? Yeabsolutely. AoE damage amplification? Uh-huh. Targeted invulnerability? Sure. An energy reset for his nuke? Bingo. Strong passive energy regen? Of course. 

It's like they went down the list of borderline broken Warframe abilities and just threw them into the kit. And the best part is, he only has to build one stat to fulfill all those roles.

Duration doesn't matter for the most part because of his energy regen, reset and recastable skills, power strength doesn't affect his damage on the collapse of Cataclysm (but Rift Torrent does, go figure), and efficiency is also unnecessary due to his (again) energy regen and reset functions, so you build range and then wreck face. I put four forma into him pre-rework and quite frankly, I'm riding high.

I love it, 10/10 rework!

Edited by MadHatHacker

I don't know about Limbo being objectively OP, especially given the trend set by Nidus and now Disco Duck. They sure didn't skimp on the power pellets for him though. 

I will say two things past that though...

Oberon and Hydroid needs their re-works right now while DE is feeling generous... And no skimping on the awesome sauce.

Don't Nidus, Limbo, or Disco Duck with strangers... Reserve their antics for runs with folks willing to be patient with them.

As long as they keep the scaling damage, adjust it a bit, then do away with the large AoE recast spamming, I'll be fine with that. Seeing the Rift open and close from spam is annoying, even deadly for you as Limbo if you're playing with another Limbo.

How about this idea? Keep Cataclysm's incredible scaling damage as it is, but make it so that its range is based on duration (i.e. The longer the duration, the larger the bubble). Cataclysm's damage will only be dealt once it runs out of duration on its own, and not on ability deactivation. 

This means that players cant use low duration builds to nuke the map as their bubble becomes small when they build for low duration, and players with more duration have a larger bubble, but have to wait much longer for the nuke to actually happen. 

This stops the AoE 4 4 4 4 4 4 spam, and keeps the scaling damage at the same time. How about that?

This is conceptually similar to Nova's 4, so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement imo.

Edited by X3Evanescence

His 4 should just not give energy on cataclysm collapse which will drastically lower its spam.

The scaling also doesn't account for armor so half the games factions are unaffected by it end result in needing more casts to do...literally nothing. 

The lower their hp the less it does, especially to armored targets wholl at most get clipped by a 3rd to a half.

Anyone who says limbo kills all factions with 434 is horribly mis informed.

On 4/5/2017 at 3:48 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I was about to start a topic on this!

I was one who wanted desperately that Limbo got a rework and Buff but not as it was done.

Limbo has dropped into the same issue we had with Ash but worst this time because different from Ash, Limbo can regenerate his energy wile casting his Ult and also prevent other players from killing enemies that are in the area of his skill.

I just came from a Void Fissure defense mission where a Limbo did nothing for 20 whole waves other than stand on top of the Cryo-Pod and spam his Cataclysm which took up the whole defense map. Me and the other 2 players only moved to collect what had dropped as we had no chance of killing enemies even waiting at their spawn locations.

1AJtLZL.jpg

Image made by me. :3

I believe you ment Saryn and Ash? Mag was never a Press4ToWin frame.

I thought that Catalysm only stops time not destroy o.0 the mofo surpassed DIO!

Easy fix to limbo being abused as a nuker. Require that enemies in the rift be required to be exposed long enough to saturate them with void energy, with longer saturation times leading to more damage. 

This saturation period could be made inversely proportional to power strength and power efficiency to avoid min-maxed builds.

On quarta-feira, 29 de março de 2017 at 7:52 AM, Aeon94 said:

In Limbo's Theorem , Ordis says ;

" Operator, I think I know why we're finding Limbo parts scattered throughout the system. His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster. Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution. "

We know Original Limbo ( perhaps Limbo Prime ? ) stayed too long in his last rift-walk and it caused his death.

Rift's downside should be - " Limbo loses HP per sec ( after staying 5-10 sec in rift ) as long as he stays in rift " so that will force him to switch between planes , not sit in Rift indefinitely

Limbo is immune to dmg from enemies while he is in Rift but won't be immune to Rift itself !

same can happen to enemies , they lose HP per sec in rift too.

I agree nuking capability of Cataclysm should be nerfed ( or scaling dmg should be removed )

Limbo can't have both nuking and invulnerability.

I love Stasis ability tho :D

I totally agree with the HP loss, but the 4th ability nerf doesn't sounds good, finally limbo become a good dmg dealer, i don't understand why people are so eager to limbo get the nerf hammer

42 minutes ago, renan7413 said:

I totally agree with the HP loss, but the 4th ability nerf doesn't sounds good, finally limbo become a good dmg dealer, i don't understand why people are so eager to limbo get the nerf hammer

People are so eager because he's directly overshadowing most other frames. Same reason why they "reworked" Saryn and also Ash. How can you support this hypocrisy? 

On 3/29/2017 at 6:52 AM, Aeon94 said:

Snip

Dead wrong. He didn't die because he stayed in the Rift too long. He died because, as Ordis said, he miscalculated, and jumped too far. As such, the Warframe presumably couldn't withstand the force, and shattered. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

There's always evidence both pro and con the proposition that DE don't have the faintest clue what they're doing.  Usually I go with the cons on that, but if ever there's an argument pro, it's things like the Limbo rework.

The frame that was huge fun solo, and an annoyance in PUGs, is now even huger fun solo, and even more of an annoyance in PUGs.

gj DE :)

(PS, bar the pickup thing - that's a major improvement.)

Edited by Omnimorph