Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.7

[DE]Megan

OK, I'm going to be the one idiot that gets all the backlash for this S#&$, but I felt like I should give my opinion out there even if no one cares : 

Octavia. Needs. A. Sheet. Music. Mode.

I recently got Octavia and found her to be pretty delicate but useable. I then decided, ya know what I can transpose music, I may as well go and try the mandachord.

You can guess where this is going. I got into the system, and after little while of playing around, I got some of the system down. However, I was left unsatisfied. Really, REALLY unsatisfied. And I realized what was missing : I wanted to hear the little trumpet solo from Derulo's "Trumpets" playing as I kicked &#! and chewed some Kuva-Kuva Bubblegum. I hastily made my back to my Orbiter and excitedly went over to the Mandachord to make some music. To my disappointment, there is nothing in the world that could've made me realise my horror : It was not possible to make the beats, rhythms, harmonies, note lengths, theoretical time signatures, different notes and chords, dynamics or even have multiple instruments layered a top another like in sheet music. There was no way to make eigth notes consistent, the spacing of what sounded like quarter notes varied due to the weird "subdivision" of the beats in the 4/4 measures (I don't even know if I can call it subdivision at this point...) All the things that got me into music and made me familiar with it had suddenly vanished.

I don't know what else to do except to go onto the forums and endlessly plead my desire for the want to have a sheet music mode for Octavia, for those who just need far more advanced attributions to her music than just pushing buttons and getting wacky rhythms that no longer sound pleasing. Essentially DE, you have removed the familiarity of the music that a lot of us listen to and have given us a questionable system that fails to give me the variables I need to create the classical form of harmony, progression. tempo, rhythm and variation that I know and love. By introducing this wayward system that leaves broken sounding mistakes, I have lost confidence in saying that I own a frame that can produce "music," for you have removed what makes music to me, and many others and offered nothing well in it's exchange.

I want to see something like Musescore, NoteFlight or Sibelius implemented so that I can have that familiarity back, so that when I make different "notes," I am not just restricted to 5 random "notes" with no labels (they are chords, and not all music uses the exact same chords). I don't want to have random noises in different places and tempos and progressions that I didn't ask for and then call it mine. I only point this out because most of all the instruments that I have seen feel like blatant S#&$, there are wacky things in there that don't sound like music, like the weird scooping before hitting the actual pitch for the "melody" of the Adau instruments. The strange percussion 16th notes that I didn't require for the music to be, well...music.

Most people will just tell me to suck it up and get used to it, but I don't feel like complying with a system that offers me no open window for creativity to flow, where everything is just limited and feels contrary to what I imagine. Sure, I can just go ahead and get all the music sets, but those don't offer me that feeling, that sense that I have made something pleasing to listen to, and exactly to the form that I desired. It doesn't give me comfort knowing that others feel the same way about me, and that this needs a new way of working, because there is something about seeing sheet music with bar lines and 6/8 time signatures and augmented 5th chords that just makes a man happy.

So please, please DE, I just ask for one thing. I just want my sheet music back. Because there is a special feeling I get that I'm missing now, the feeling of watching the little green line pass the bar lines, highlighting the chords of Viva la Vida, that beautiful crescendo before the Dovahkinn's main, well-known chorus, and then the major B-flat chord of Bach and his chorales. Don't deprive someone of that feeling, because it is something that they never forget and can never get back. Please, please, please, let me have that feeling back. Let me create music in the form which I am familiar with, and say, "This, this is what Warframe is about."

Thanks for reading this, I don't know if I will ever be able to get this, but Devs, you can make magic happen. Please don't let that magic fade for us.

Just now, -WF-Monarch said:

Still no word on if Nullifiers taking Limbo out of Rift Walk was a bug or not??

It is not a bug. Nullifiers are supposed to nullify abilities, hence the name. Even if Limbo is in a rift, there is still a barrier between his rift and the world, so if the nullifier come into contact with the barrier, created by void energy since that's how abilities are used, it will destroy the rift and pop Limbo out.

43 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

Wait, so Valana is now limited to Maroo's Mission? Can it not be found elsewhere? 

No. "

• The Valana Ayatan Sculpture can now ALSO be found in Maroo’s weekly Ayatan hunt mission.
    "

22 minutes ago, SP3CT3R7 said:

OK, I'm going to be the one idiot that gets all the backlash for this S#&$, but I felt like I should give my opinion out there even if no one cares : 

Octavia. Needs. A. Sheet. Music. Mode.
Thanks for reading this, I don't know if I will ever be able to get this, but Devs, you can make magic happen. Please don't let that magic fade for us.

I guess this wont be doable, because of a couple of things:

The game mechanic needs to reply to the music played, therefore it is very important to be precise or to put it another way... predictable. With notes stretching out and different rythms (6/8 3/4 ...), the effects of the powers would be very hard to program. 

The restriction to a low range of "Notes" is due to the fact that noone wants to hear Dis-Chords in the game, it would be very off-putting and uncomforting, especially since the different Octavia musics would overlay each other, it would just turn into noise. You might have noticed that the Notes actually are Chords already (or at least all are in the Quintett range), my guess is, that's so that they can all overlap each other without creating Dis-Chords.

The thing with crecendos would be, that it would be hard to argue, how loud a note has to be to count as a wave in the motronome for example..

I do feel you though... but I would just go another way and ask for a visualization mechanic to get the beats and such out of real songs (like mp3's). That way you wont be "restricted" in any way and the Devs won't have to implement something that already exists again (which would require them to go deeply into understanding music / sound).

Edited by MDeero

32 minutes ago, Lintriey said:

Tenora's charged shot still does way too little damage while paused and fired after Limbo's stasis

Reveal hidden contents

alt fire without stasis

UYU34N1.png

Reveal hidden contents

alt fire after using stasis

nSO3Pre.png

Stasis changes a charged shot into a normal shot.  I don't know why, but that's what's happening here.

22 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

How could you not test how all weapons (mostly continuous weapons) work with Limbo's Stasis?

It's not helping me to understand, appreciate and enjoy Limbo's rework. Please fix ASAP.

My guess is: we are their testers (field testers if you like)... They release with bugs, we flame, they "hotfix" until its acceptable and then create releases for consoles...

never noticed?

4 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:
  Hide contents

A0332142FA1539934A8F8300EC81806E405CCA4C

I think this image should add some light on the broken UI at 1920x1080

Basically what fluffysnowcap is trying to explain is the the UI is fecking huge now, weven when you have it set to the smallest scale. one of my friends has his resolution set to 3440x1440 (he has a huge monitor) and the buttons to "accept invite" and to "accept mission" arent on the screen at all

We can't perform Parries or Finisher attacks on enemies in Captura Mode.

I had plans with channeled Redeemer front Finishers (which is super sick), but I can't parry for it, nor actually performing the Finisher.

Sad. :sad:

I know you devs were really, really moist excited about the thought of pushing 4K for those console players loving their high-definition e-peens televisions...  I accidentally went through the dev responses on the forums one day and saw 4K practically spooged posted through more than a couple of handful of threads there.

I also know that the PC players are considered the guinea pigs for the console players to ensure things are just right for approval from the design councils for Microsoft and Sony's consoles...  

... but given that PC is also at a higher definition and resolution than most television (I know, I know, this is changing now, no need to rage correct me), do you think it's too much to ask to have the option to shut off your wonderful 4K resolutions?  

As it stands, with the UI looking the way that it does, I'm reflexively thinking that I'm at 800 x 600 resolution.  And while it might not trigger me, I'm finding I need to remind myself....  routinely...  That my settings are all right; it's the UI that needs to be worked on from the developer's side.  

Thanks in advance.  

Spoiler

P.S.  Keep in mind, the potential salt and snark in this message might in fact be justified.  This is what I looked forward to when I finally did The War Within last night after how many months since it was hinted at in story and the requirements...  

YjxiFFw.jpg

The only fix I could find at the time, was that I had to routinely jump into pits and abyssals in order to see my operator not as this Tenno-Exalibur Hybrid Abomination.  

Looking at it, I felt like a pre-teen dressed in a home-made Star Wars costume made by parents that never saw the movie.  

There's a "bug" that I have reported a couple of times already, but it's still present even though those reports were spaced out. It regards wrong armor positioning on a character. On the original 30-page update, a bunch of those armor positioning errors were fixed, but this one remains. Please, take a look, DE: