Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Primary?

(XBOX)Kappington9431

Question

16 answers to this question

There's really no such thing as a best weapon. Only a best for the situation.

Some can fit many situations and so they're considered top tier but that doesn't mean they're the best for every situation.

It's ideal to understand what weapon will perform best for your needs at the time, only then will you have the best.

Vakor Hek, Soma, Prime, Tigris Prime, Tenora, Prisma Grakata, Zarr.. That's about it until you get into Rivens. I personally just use Ignis for everything under lvl 60.

59 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

The best primary? Well that's easy.It's the Tonk- Wait no the Simul- Er the Soma? Yeah. Soma.

Tonkor is still amazing if you know how to handle explosives.

Any weapon can be good for the star chart as long as its modded properly.

Tigris/Soma/Hek, Simulor is godlike but need you to set up orbs first (srsly its WAY better than Tigris), but for true "end game" - 1h t4 surv - you are best to use Naramon melee or just get Octavia press 1 + 4 > hide in good spot and afk for a minute, repeat regardless of lvl

Soma p + ice chroma w/ as much power str that you can manage.

While Tigris P is a real beast. I was messing around with chroma build + tigris p yesterday. At 250ish str, some duration and knockdown resist, I was able to clear 20 level 130 corrupted bombard in less than 50s in simulcrum. But you will rarely encounter something like that in a mission so my vote is still soma p. Tigris  p only for boss farming.

Edited by DrPlate

I really wanna know why this topic triggers me so much.

Like I appreciate that the question is the best primary weapon, but the OP clearly states the damage on his weapons is starting to let him down.

Is there a single person here that really thinks the OP has to go into trade chat and start spending platinum on vaulted blueprints in order to increase his damage?

Anyone?

Is there a single person that thinks a Soma Prime fresh out of the foundry will deal LOADS of damage?

Anyone? Unfortunately there might be a few from how these questions are always answered on the forum.

Cos I don't. Anyone who suggests Soma Prime is talking about their potatoed weapon with good upgraded mods stuck in it. And I personally feel that the way the question is asked by the OP, they don't know this.

Just really really really does my head in.

Sorry.:blush:

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Beast im Sniper said:

So recently i've gotten to a higher level and my weapons are starting to let me down

My first question back to you is do you understand Damage 2.0?  You need to start this foundation by knowing how damage works in the game and if you don't head over to the wiki and figure that out.

Second, as several others have mentioned a weapon's base stats matter far less than the mods you put on the weapon to increase said stats.  What rank is your serration?  Do you have split chamber?  Do you have all four 90% element mods and all four 60% element / 60% status chance mods.  Get your serration to at least rank 8 (but better rank 10) and if you don't have any of the other mods then make it a priority to farm them.