The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets us vote for changes!

(PSN)ImmaTrueSpartan

The Warframe community and the dev's strive to have a loving relationship. Where We All get along and agree,Voting in WARFRAME is a must for this For future updates and ideas. This theory is very similar to "Darvos totally Leget sale" event in the past. There are no negative outcomes with this idea, only understanding and seeing what the public wants whie the development team can make new update ideas as they normally do:) ty for your time

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I mean... maybe if they made it so that the Design Council was recognizable to the masses, so that the masses could pitch their ideas so the Council could debate on them....

But that's crazy.

and then the little council recieves continuos spam from the thousands of other users that want to give their idea.... nope

feedback and fan concept section are in the forum for a reason

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I mean... maybe if they made it so that the Design Council was recognizable to the masses, so that the masses could pitch their ideas so the Council could debate on them....

But that's crazy.

Design Council is just a random draw. There is nothing to make us more qualified than any other to re-pitch our own or others ideas.

EVE:online has a better community council idea, CSM. Its like some highschool class president, You present a platform you are wanting to push to the devs. You have a dedicated, active investment to the community. You get the players to back you and vote for you. If you slack off and miss too many meetings you're off. Beyond messages The CSM council actually flies to Iceland to meet yearly with the devs for summits. The minutes of the meeting as later provided to the players at large on all the subjects the devs are willing to share in future development.

Now, WF is a speck to the scope of EVE. But could use a similar system thats perhaps not so grandiose. The Devs still do as they wish, but waiting to see community backlashes after a extensive change is live compared to dedicated individuals of the community who are well versed in the meta providing feedback and under NDAs could perhaps save DE some effort before work time is wasted in what seemed like 'good' ideas to those who haven't came close to playing 1/10 the hours some old players have.

Edited by Firetempest

DE isn't bound to bow to the tyranny of the majority. Players are naturally biased and if left to dictate many game design choices will run any game into the ground. That's apparent anytime there is a nerf to anything players own, even if it benefits the game at large tens times over. No, if anything, I want less voting and more of DE doing their own thing while listening not to the loudest voices but the most reasonable ones for criticism.

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

DE isn't bound to bow to the tyranny of the majority. Players are naturally biased and if left to dictate many game design choices will run any game into the ground. That's apparent anytime there is a nerf to anything players own, even if it benefits the game at large tens times over. No, if anything, I want less voting and more of DE doing their own thing while listening not to the loudest voices but the most reasonable ones for criticism.

And who determines who is the most reasonable? You? What determines what is reasonable? The feedback that only praises DE's decisions?

As much as I wish for DC to be more involved with the overall design, and for players to be able to interact with the DC more often, that would be punishment on the DC.

Let us just hope that DE reads the Forums more (assuming that they don't already do that).

16 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Design Council is just a random draw. There is nothing to make us more qualified than any other to re-pitch our own or others ideas.

EVE:online has a better community council idea, CSM. Its like some highschool class president, You present a platform you are wanting to push to the devs. You have a dedicated, active investment to the community. You get the players to back you and vote for you. If you slack off and miss too many meetings you're off. Beyond messages The CSM council actually flies to Iceland to meet yearly with the devs for summits. The minutes of the meeting as later provided to the players at large on all the subjects the devs are willing to share in future development.

Now, WF is a speck to the scope of EVE. But could use a similar system thats perhaps not so grandiose. The Devs still do as they wish, but waiting to see community backlashes after a extensive change is live compared to dedicated individuals of the community who are well versed in the meta providing feedback and under NDAs could perhaps save DE some effort before work time is wasted in what seemed like 'good' ideas to those who haven't came close to playing 1/10 the hours some old players have.

I like this idea. As a member of DC, perhaps this would allow to retain some impact on the game's design, while making sure the majority of players are happy with the changes.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

9 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

As much as I wish for DC to be more involved with the overall design, and for players to be able to interact with the DC more often, that would be punishment on the DC.

Let us just hope that DE reads the Forums more (assuming that they don't already do that).

I like this idea. As a member of DC, perhaps this would allow to retain some impact on the game's design, while making sure the majority of players are happy with the changes.

I forgot, we can state we're in DC XD I thought the rules were like fight club. I have forgotten that many times and now i'm embarrassed.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

So, this might not be as big of a deal to some as it is to others. Many users don't access the Forums, which is the best place for handling changes or asking about new content before the changes/additions are made. 

What I propose is to make any voting for content visible for all players in game through the notifications panel.

Hopefully it's not too ridiculous of a request. If content effects players, they should know they could have their vote counted

So should mass effect have a little voting gauge to determine what changes? No bc a game isn't there to cater to every one, it is the creators' creative endeavor. 

DE already allows voting and ideas on content they are comfy putting through that via the Design Council, which is more than most Devs do. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

So should mass effect have a little voting gauge to determine what changes? No bc a game isn't there to cater to every one, it is the creators' creative endeavor. 

DE already allows voting and ideas on content they are comfy putting through that via the Design Council, which is more than most Devs do. 

It literally changes nothing to have a little vote window. Atleast DE could see more of the communities opinion on changes than the minority of the foruma and usage statistic could show.

@(Xbox One)ATLongshot maybe I wasn't clear, if it is going to be put up for vote, more should have a say. I know anyone can register for the forums, I don't think players know of all the content on the forums. 

We all play the game, if they want to hear our opinions on certain things, don't they want to hear as many as they can?

24 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

So, this might not be as big of a deal to some as it is to others. Many users don't access the Forums, which is the best place for handling changes or asking about new content before the changes/additions are made. 

What I propose is to make any voting for content visible for all players in game through the notifications panel.

Hopefully it's not too ridiculous of a request. If content effects players, they should know they could have their vote counted

What is bolded is the actual, literal purpose of a forum. If users don't choose to access the Forum, then why should their voice be heard? 

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

@(Xbox One)ATLongshot maybe I wasn't clear, if it is going to be put up for vote, more should have a say. I know anyone can register for the forums, I don't think players know of all the content on the forums. 

We all play the game, if they want to hear our opinions on certain things, don't they want to hear as many as they can?

design council comes to mind  ... 

6 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I gotta ask who or what the hell is the deign council and how does it connected to more people than the forums?

No offense but this is why the voting is NOT open to everyone.

The Design council is a subset of users on the forums, originally founders only but but now new members are picked from the users on the forums based on their contributions to the community particularly in constructive feedback.

The aim is quality over quantity.