Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

Just now, AlaskanWolf said:

And that's the genius of the new abilities! Trap as many trash enemies in the rift with a few of the big guys... Then drop RS, pop the cataclysm bubble and presto.... All you have left are the 1 or 2 high hp/armor/shield units AND with RS active, they stay banished while you pop out back on the material plane with (hopefully)  breathing room to set up the next big cataclysm 

Yeah, and we have Red Text senpai to thank for that. She actually explained the ability right before the update hit us. I don't remember the exact values, but i think it was about 40% or 50% of the total health+shields of each enemy within cataclysm, but I don't remember if armor values were included in the mix.

11 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Yeah, and we have Red Text senpai to thank for that. She actually explained the ability right before the update hit us. I don't remember the exact values, but i think it was about 40% or 50% of the total health+shields of each enemy within cataclysm, but I don't remember if armor values were included in the mix.

Armor might not be included. 

So far the only thing I REALLY dislike is the new "toned down rift"... It's so toned down its easy to get confused and miss which plane you/enemies are in. 😕 

Had an idea that banished foes have a similar shadow effect as Nekros specters... You know... Something unmistakable to show they are not on your plane. 

Then when you pop over to that plane the coloration returns to normal for them, and now, the effect is applied to the enemies that were on the plane you just came from. 

With that system, you'd never be confused about which enemies you could shoot or not. 

Edited by AlaskanWolf
Grammar

So, overall I'm loving the new stuff... but I just ran into a little problem.

Had an Eris infested defense (so this wasn't low-level, but admittingly it wasn't a Sortie either) with a Limbo. Limbo, from what I can tell, was Max Range, High Strength, zero Duration, and spent the entire time activating and popping Cataclysm. And it was really effective.

Like...

Banshee Resonating Quake, "I as the not-Banshee have no purpose other than to kill that one Ancient Disruptor that has to be shot." effective.

Hope you might some tweak to fix this (having the pop damage be based on enemies killed, rather than remaining enemies? Build up time before it does full damage when popped?), I already dread Banshees in defensive missions with that fun-sucking augment, don't have me be leery of any and all Limbos too.

Edited by Foefaller

Limbo is pretty bad against sentients now. Stasis and banish lasts for a few seconds (if it even works) on them, rift surge does not increase your damage against them, and using cataclysm puts limbo in range of its attacks. Tho tbh I don't remember old limbo faring much better against sentients. 

I want to know WTF DE!!!! ?!?!?! 

What is your deal with nullifiers?!? Why must you make nullies defy/cancel EVERYTHING? WTF ?!  Why MUST every skill, no matter how illogical, be subject to them?!?!?! 

EDIT: you must not want people to play corpus or void missions or enjoy them AT ALL... Sorry for the salt.... I'm just tired of DE using nullies as a crutch for more engaging corpus foes 

Edited by AlaskanWolf

24 minutes ago, AlaskanWolf said:

I want to know WTF DE!!!! ?!?!?! 

What is your deal with nullifiers?!? Why must you make nullies defy/cancel EVERYTHING? WTF ?!  Why MUST every skill, no matter how illogical, be subject to them?!?!?! 

EDIT: you must not want people to play corpus or void missions or enjoy them AT ALL... Sorry for the salt.... I'm just tired of DE using nullies as a crutch for more engaging corpus foes 

Nullifiers do what they say, nullify ALL warframe abilities, including the rift. I'm happy that it was just a bug as it evens the playing field a bit.

Someone has got to explain Rift Surge to me, because everything I see so far leads me to believe it does little to nothing (unless you're using the augment).

1) Put enemies in the rift

2) Cast Rift Surge, now every enemy in the rift is "surged"

3) ????????

I just don't see it doing anything. Sure, the enemies stay in the rift if I drop my Cataclysm, but why would I do that? It would be better to just keep Stasis up and murder everything in the rift. Rift Surge doesn't deal any extra damage (again, unless you use the augment), it doesn't make it any easier to put more enemies in the rift, it accomplishes nothing. The only thing I actually see it doing is that if I Banish a "surged" target to push them out of the rift, it will do a  tiny 5m banish around the target. That is a horrendous waste of energy when I can cast Cataclysm, or even the nerfed Banish, for much more range and effectiveness.

Ok I'm sure I'm going to just be echoing stuff. I really don't want to read through 26 pages so I'm not sure if a DE person has said anything about this. (I did look at the first 5-6 pages though so i understand a rough general consensus)

I like almost all the changes. I'm glad his rift walk is free and in his roll, some people don't like it but I don't mind it. The stasis and rift surge changes are really cool and i need to mess around with them more to understand limits and uses better. I would prefer ash's bladestorm targeting on the banish instead of this aoe banish but i'll work with this.

The one thing that is an absolute deal breaker for me is not being able to banish people to the rift while in the rift and vice versa. I know full well that with that stasis he would be over powered as hell if he could do this but I would rather have old limbo than not be able to banish people to the rift while i'm in it. It completely ruins the frame to me. I'm totally on board with the other changes, I wasn't hopeful about the idea of a rework for a while because I've played league of legends for a long time and seen champions be completely ruined by reworks in my eyes. But when I saw gameplay in the devstream and saw he could freeze people/bullets in the rift and have small rift bubbles and do that he looked like a blast to play. But the banish changes completely ruin it all because of that one little thing.

That's really about it for me.

Edit: I knew i was forgetting something. It also kinda ruins him from a story/lore perspective. He should be a master of the rift. but now he's restricted by something that to him should be trivial.

Edited by RottedApples
w e w l a d

2 minutes ago, RottedApples said:

Ok I'm sure I'm going to just be echoing stuff. I really don't want to read through 26 pages so I'm not sure if a DE person has said anything about this. (I did look at the first 5-6 pages though so i understand a rough general consensus)

I like almost all the changes. I'm glad his rift walk is free and in his roll, some people don't like it but I don't mind it. The stasis and rift surge changes are really cool and i need to mess around with them more to understand limits and uses better. I would prefer ash's bladestorm targeting on the banish instead of this aoe banish but i'll work with this.

The one thing that is an absolute deal breaker for me is not being able to banish people to the rift while in the rift and vice versa. I know full well that with that stasis he would be over powered as hell if he could do this but I would rather have old limbo than not be able to banish people to the rift while i'm in it. It completely ruins the frame to me. I'm totally on board with the other changes, I wasn't hopeful about the idea of a rework for a while because I've played league of legends for a long time and seen champions be completely ruined by reworks in my eyes. But when I saw gameplay in the devstream and saw he could freeze people/bullets in the rift and have small rift bubbles and do that he looked like a blast to play. But the banish changes completely ruin it all because of that one little thing.

That's really about it for me.

That.

EDIT: However still not sure how rift surge works, but still a billion times that.

Edited by Frenjo

Just now, AugustFestival said:

The buff is amazing, thank you devs, so much!!!! Who cares if banish doesn't work while in the rift, just use cataclysm freeze EVERYONE and kill them all, regain your energy, repeat.

Not the point. It gives a useless ability.

Not really, use cataclysm to protect defence points then dash out and banish groups quickly swapping between with the dash and kill them easily.

On a higher level, before you've even had a chance to press 1 after hopping out, you are dead.

Just now, Frenjo said:

On a higher level, before you've even had a chance to press 1 after hopping out, you are dead.

Lol yea I was doing this on sedna and heiracon after a lot of excavs, it was fine, anyway you CAN banish mobs with rift surge, surge mobs that are frozen, cast banish, have it work on non banished mobs, tada! 

Now lets see if they fix that, i dont know if its intended, point is limbo is a lot more powerful than before and I never used banish before anyway.

Lol yea I was doing this on sedna and heiracon after a lot of excavs, it was fine, anyway you CAN banish mobs with rift surge, surge mobs that are frozen, cast banish, have it work on non banished mobs, tada! 

Now lets see if they fix that, i dont know if its intended, point is limbo is a lot more powerful than before and I never used banish before anyway.

Rift Surge is a buggy broken mess atm and is needlessly overcomplicated in any event, I think we should be keeping the level of gameplay the same, rather than completely screwing everything over by having abilities which barely anybody understands.

Just now, Frenjo said:

Rift Surge is a buggy broken mess atm and is needlessly overcomplicated in any event, I think we should be keeping the level of gameplay the same, rather than completely screwing everything over by having abilities which barely anybody understands.

Its pretty simple, it even tells you in the description that non banished mobs dying casts banish, so you can get more of them that way, or do it the way i detailed that may or may not be unintended, Limbo is a god now and I love it, You can solo farm Hieracon.

Its pretty simple, it even tells you in the description that non banished mobs dying casts banish, so you can get more of them that way, or do it the way i detailed that may or may not be unintended, Limbo is a god now and I love it, You can solo farm Hieracon.

You can, but for the general user banish is still useless. And apparently they don't actually cast banish, or they do but it's in a weird way with like a 7m aoe which is literally nothing. Either way- People have said it's broken and I haven't seen it work like that ever. So... I dunno :P

3 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

No, Rift Surge works just fine.  You use it to keep enemies in the Rift and bring in new friends to play with.  All of Limbo's abilities have a strict, well-defined function now.