Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good (less popular) Solo Frames?

mosaickle

Question

Now with some minor (but greatly noticeable) internet issues I can only play solo now (I do public for alerts etc for the extra help but the lag is too great for normal gameplay), I was wondering what are some good solo frames that aren't Chroma, Inaros, Valkyr, Wukong, Ivara and Loki (either I don't have them, have no interest in them, already got bored of them or am already using them)?

I've been quite into Nyx again recently since her strengths in 'solo' play isn't directly damage output or tankiness (and thus more interesting to me) and I was wondering, are there any other 'indirectly' good solo frames out there that are more interesting than straight up damage or tank since I'd still prefer funner, more interesting frames

Edited by Atylia

20 answers to this question

I tend to prefer Ash (not for his Bladestorm, I have a duration build so I prefer using Smoke screen and Shuriken), Excalibur (for his Radial Blind more than his Exalted blade), and Frost (for his Avalanche crowd controlling).

I realise the first two can be viewed as more "straight up damage" frames, but the way I try to play them doesn't make them as such (at least in my mind).

Every frame is solo viable. Every frame can perform in Every mission, while some are better than others at certain things, all of the frames can play the game. I regularly like to switch up frames and go with different loadouts to just get a different feel of the game, they're all fun if you take the time to get to know the frame and your weapons of choice. 

3 minutes ago, Babellon said:

Every frame is solo viable. Every frame can perform in Every mission, while some are better than others at certain things, all of the frames can play the game. I regularly like to switch up frames and go with different loadouts to just get a different feel of the game, they're all fun if you take the time to get to know the frame and your weapons of choice. 

how you solo with trinity? link with every single enemy?

As said pretty much anything can do solo... although some last longer than others.

As you didn't mention them how about...

Trinity, built around her 3rd ability to reduce damage and using her augment to reduce enemy armor.

Nekros, built around shield of shadows and despoil augments along with health conversion (cephalon simaris mod).  Despoil supplies health orbs, shadows of the dead reduces damage taken from enemies and health conversion adds up to 450 armor when you collect a health orb.  Can be pretty tanky all things considered:)

Every frame is solo possible, as long as your bone controlled sausage pointers known as "fingers" doesn't stop you from constantly bashing enemies skulls in like the advanced primates you are. Other wise I just use Excalibur since I'm too lazy to change frames so using his full kit in every situation has helped, But that's just me...

I just finished a long farming session with a solo Nekros. He was pretty solid contender against the Corpus, thanks to being fairly efficient and having lots of utility. His 1 is point-click, which is god for those pesky ospreys, and his 2 and 4 are good fixes for when he gets overwhelmed.

I usually solo quests as Banshee, but that's personal.

For solo against high-damage targets (Sentients, etc.) I usually take Mag. Great for damage, though beware her energy costs.

Probably the most out-there one I have (but that I'm pretty proud of) is Melee Trinity. Built for Strength and Duration, using her constant provision of Energy as fuel for Channeling. Not so good in the CC department, but deals respectable damage, sustains forever and is very difficult to kill.

Mag isn't "groundbreaking" or anything, but her polarize can restore her own shields and those of specters/defense targets/extractors along with lowering enemy shields and armor, magnetize can easily help take down heavy units, crush isn't anything too fantastic but will pretty much always stumble the room for crowd control.

That being said, I find myself using polarize most often in solo, as it assists in both survivability and eradication of hostiles.

loki  is love...that is one of most versatile frames... u dont need power mods..if u go in infested survival u equip equilibrium... if u doing solo def  or mob def.. u going max range max efficancy.. radial disarm...  only thing i cant do solo with loki is raid

47 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

how you solo with trinity? link with every single enemy?

Trinity is insanely good in solo, link with the augment mod and blessing allow you to be super tanky while enemis dont have armor anymore.
EV also give you a huge amount of enery, allowing full channeling melee play. I use her with abating link + Naramon + crit/gas melee build and it's probably one of the best solo build for high level content.

To answer OP's question, you already quoted the "most intersting and effective solo frames". So, if you want more fun and challenge in solo, I suggest you to just play warframes you enjoy, without choosing the most effective.
But anyways, I give some good frame for solo play with the right build : Banshee, Hydroid, Limbo, Mesa, Saryn, Trinity and Valkyr (not with a tank or ult build).

As for Trinity and Saryn..

I have both primes, for Trinity's tanky melee build thing, it's a bit boring after a while, I have a mix between standard and EV build on Trinity which makes me unkillable yes, but there's not much to her gameplay (especially as solo), you do damage with melee and restore stuff with abilities which is a tad too linear for me (besides, I've been doing that for ages already and have gotten bored of it). To me, she's far more fun in a team since that's when your restoration abilities actually come into major use, it's a lot more fun when you're constantly being aware of your teammates. As for Saryn, she's great and fun'n all, but again, she is a tad linear for me, for example you spread your spores and that's 80% of the gameplay. I have a standard build for Saryn and it's brought me quite far and still is useful, but she's just not as intriguing anymore.

Thus Nyx right now is really fun and amusing with her Chaos ability, and just knowing that you're doing something without directly using damage or tankiness makes the experience all that much more interesting. Besides, as long as I have energy I always have a panic button.

That being said though, I'll look into Nekros. Mesa has always been someone I've wanted but I'm not gonna be able to get her anytime soon. Now we had the Limbo rework, I'll look into him too, but I still can't stand the Archwing interception mission (which would be manageable for group play...which I can't really do right now due to internet issues making me go solo...catch 22)