The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to stop leechers?

SaltyPopsicleZWZ

Just come back after talking a break from this game. Do sorties everyday and there is at least 1 leecher guarantee, and they dont even try to hide it. What is wrong with this game now. I really wish DE can do something. Some of you might not even give a damn, but I am not that nice, I hate it when there is people leeching off other people's effort.

I don't think there's a way to stop them. I normally do sorties with my friend and us two are enough to get the job done. 

But I do still see leechers though and It gets really irritable when they just straight up AFK and die whilst my teammates keep reviving. 

I haven't seen a lot of Sortie leeches, although I've felt like one before (usually on spy missions -- 3 vaults, 4 players, and if they get there first...well, I just kinda poke around doing nothing). On the other hand, I've seen lots of them in PUGs. Usually what I do is just go sit next to them, chilling out alongside. Or I try to aggro enemies toward them to get 'em wiped out. Or I'll just call 'em out in chat. 

None of it is perfect, but it's pretty nice when they leave the squad b/c you aren't doing their work for them. I'm not sure there's a real way to prevent them, though. 

If any leeches get to the point where they irritate you or slow you down, then just leave and look for a decent squad. Joining an active clan would be good for finding trusty squad members, but if you're not into clans then you could always try your luck in the recruiting channel.

DE has made it so that you have to bring a Level 30 Warframe in order to do the sorties. As long as someone brings one good weapon and helps the team, then sure, they could bring two other Level 0 weapons. 

People dying could probably be because of the sortie in the first place. If it's a difficult sortie, then usually someone would end up needing a revive.

The way I look at it, I would be fine getting all the kills and bringing a leech along, unless that leech were to somehow mess up the mission (or like I said above, irritate/slow us down).

If they aren't able to help at all and are being full-on leeches, then the only option would really just be to leave the mission or finish it as soon as possible.

Edited by Fuzzy6682

getting rid of Leechers isn't possible without a kick system, and no matter how well a Kick system is implemented, someone will always find a way to abuse it, which is why DE said they'd never implement one.

best thing to do is move on, karma will bite them in the end: next time they need someone for something, somebody will Leech from them, and they'll know how it feels.

21 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Nope Leeches are shielded by the community, there are special snowflakes who need your help and your plat.

?????????????????

unless there's a radiation cloud, no

best you can do is use switch teleport

or just use cataclysm + stasis and annoy both the leechers, non-leechers and yourself

24 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

You could report the leechers as long as you have evidence that they did nothing to contribute to the mission.

I've run into my share of them, but ended up soloing them aside from assassination.

I did, but zero response, that leecher openly admit that he is leeching, it was a exca mission, he just stand beside the excavator and does nothing. I gave the DE 5 screenshot( damage record, chat and where he was standing) I guess that is what makes leecher so daring, zero punishment.

29 minutes ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

If any leeches get to the point where they irritate you or slow you down, then just leave and look for a decent squad. Joining an active clan would be good for finding trusty squad members, but if you're not into clans then you could always try your luck in the recruiting channel.

DE has made it so that you have to bring a Level 30 Warframe in order to do the sorties. As long as someone brings one good weapon and helps the team, then sure, they could bring two other Level 0 weapons. 

People dying could probably be because of the sortie in the first place. If it's a difficult sortie, then usually someone would end up needing a revive.

The way I look at it, I would be fine getting all the kills and bringing a leech along, unless that leech were to somehow mess up the mission (or like I said above, irritate/slow us down).

If they aren't able to help at all and are being full-on leeches, then the only option would really just be to leave the mission or finish it as soon as possible.

You are a good person, I am not, relatively speaking. I hate people that does nothing and gets rewarded. Life isn't fair, but I think we should do as much as we can to make it as fair as possible.

2 minutes ago, SaltyPopsicleZWZ said:

I did, but zero response, that leecher openly admit that he is leeching, it was a exca mission, he just stand beside the excavator and does nothing. I gave the DE 5 screenshot( damage record, chat and where he was standing) I guess that is what makes leecher so daring, zero punishment.

Weird, I got a response after a week saying they were going to look into the matter.

Could just be support being backlogged with other requests.

24 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

Yes there is.Play solo or with close friends

Play solo? Really? that is what we should do? Let the leecher get their way and we as decent player should tick toes around them? What has this world become to? Where leechers gets rewarded and us normal player should suffer because of them? It doesn't make sense!

2 hours ago, SaltyPopsicleZWZ said:

Just come back after talking a break from this game. Do sorties everyday and there is at least 1 leecher guarantee, and they dont even try to hide it. What is wrong with this game now. I really wish DE can do something. Some of you might not even give a damn, but I am not that nice, I hate it when there is people leeching off other people's effort.

Let them die. If you are in my squad and you leech, I'll do my best to get you killed. Radiation Sorties are the best because I will procc myself and kill you intentionally untill you run out of revives....... 

Sadly, not a whole bunch of recourse to this play style. 

Think of them as meat puppets that increase spawn rate and, thereby, increase chance of decent drops.

Absent that, I would (and typically do) just solo.

No one else's playstyle has a chance to annoy or inconvenience you if no one else's playstyle is a factor in your missions.

3 hours ago, SaltyPopsicleZWZ said:

The only thing you can do is report them, if they get enough reports they might get a warning or something. The times I've reported AFK players with macros, the response I got from DE was:

Thank you for bringing this player’s conduct to our attention - and for providing a screenshot. We take reports of this nature seriously, and will be following up on the information you have provided to us.

Other than that playing with clan members is the way to go, I rarely do high end missions with PUGs.

As long as they are playing, I don't really care.   Hiding in a corner and doing nothing, irritating.  However, Leeches allow you to face more enemies as fewer players means fewer enemies "thanks" to DE's enemies numbers scaling based on the players in mission.   So Leeches have an inherent upside that balances out their lack of spherical genetic material production units that prohibits them playing despite low leveled gear..

25 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

As long as they are playing, I don't really care.   Hiding in a corner and doing nothing, irritating.  However, Leeches allow you to face more enemies as fewer players means fewer enemies "thanks" to DE's enemies numbers scaling based on the players in mission.   So Leeches have an inherent upside that balances out their lack of spherical genetic material production units that prohibits them playing despite low leveled gear..

Which is well and good and assumes that you and the rest of your team have got the mods to carry despite the leechers.

Not everyone's a decked out vet. Some people still need a full, contributing squad to pull through a sortie.

I never get that leechers drama.

What gives? Doesn't really matter if there's some rando is chilling out somewhere? Sometimes it happens that the 4th member never joins the game and you end up running the mission in a 3-man squad. Essentially the exact same thing. The only difference is that with leecher in team you have to wait a minute before extraction, but in that regard I am more irritated about waiting for Ivara, who CAN get to the extraction fast, but just WON'T.

So, what gives?

Edited by WindigoTP