Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sheer amount of Oberon Rework suggestion posts...

mosaickle

3 minutes ago, AzoreanEve said:

Sadly in many situations you can't keep an eye on every enemy in the crowd you're in.

Okay, can. Partly because I don't tend to stand right in the middle of a crowd of enemies that can slay me unless I'm confident I can survive, partly because I use Animal Instinct and watch my HUD.

2 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Actually zero damage?

When some of them can go the entire duration of a Chaos and not get each other to half health, it's not far from zero.

3 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

It still drops aggro, albeit not 100% reliably.

And that's why I don't count it as a real CC effect anymore.

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

For what it's worth, Banshee and Ash (and Frost) strip Armor for a short duration, while Oberon strips it permanently.

i dont mind if they switch it to a time limit based on duration, at least if they do make it go off of total armor it will be remotely usable as a dubuff tool in higher levels instead of a janky knock down that wont help you not die or wont help you deal damage

Just now, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

i dont mind if they switch it to a time limit based on duration, at least if they do make it go off of total armor it will be remotely usable as a dubuff tool in higher levels instead of a janky knock down that wont help you not die or wont help you deal damage

Since it's an AoE power, I greatly prefer the reduction being partial and permanent rather than total and temporary. If it were total and temporary, enemies would get their Armor back before I've finished killing half of them, effectively wasting my efforts on most of the enemies. For me, the trade-off is worth.

So from what I've gathered from the people being unhappy with Oberon only have problems with him not being just another nuke frame.

Building around #2 and #3 with Phoenix Renewal is in my eyes the best way to build him now, it works both solo and group. Support wise he's a great frame now.

100*0.6= 60, 60*0.6=36, 36*0.6=21.6, 21.6*0.6=12.96, 12.96*0.6=7.776, 7.776*0.6=4.6656, 4.6656*0.6=2.79936, 2.79936*0.6=1.679616, 1.679616*0.6=1.007696, 1.007696*0.6=0.60466176

it takes 10 casts at 200% power strength to do what 1 cast at 145 power strength does

8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Since it's an AoE power, I greatly prefer the reduction being partial and permanent rather than total and temporary. If it were total and temporary, enemies would get their Armor back before I've finished killing half of them, effectively wasting my efforts on most of the enemies. For me, the trade-off is worth.

if you are taking that long to kill things that have 0 armor you have an issue, banshees armor removal is in a fan that can cc, costs 25 power and is a 7 second delay THAT IS EFFECTED BY DURATION 

6 minutes ago, CeePee said:

So from what I've gathered from the people being unhappy with Oberon only have problems with him not being just another nuke frame.

Building around #2 and #3 with Phoenix Renewal is in my eyes the best way to build him now, it works both solo and group. Support wise he's a great frame now.

his heal is basically a mobile nidus 4th and thats it

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

if they were to switch it to total armor it would be 5 casts at base and lower as power strength goes up

edit: it would be 4 casts at base

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

19 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

his heal is basically a mobile nidus 4th and thats it

"Basically a mobile Nidus"

With my current build (no formas), Oberon gives to the whole party: 400 armour, 80 hp regen per second, immunity to CC, Second wind with a 90 second cooldown.

What Nidus brings in terms of support, his #4 heals 50% of what Oberon does. Nidus is more geared towards damage and CC. Oberon wins support-wise.

€: Here's the build

eEX8lAw.jpg

Edited by CeePee

my only issue with oberon right now is.

1. the energy drain for renewal is way too high even with max efficiency(if you count 3 other party member).

2. the hallowed ground need bigger range, atleast close to/match range of reckoning. To make it easier to get the damage buff and armor stripping.

If DE implements this i am a happy bro :)

A separate notable issue for Renewal I have found is that it affects Nekros' Shadows of the Dead. Should you cast Renewal and affect a Nekros minions, your energy will tank practically immediately as Renewal treats the Shadow's % Health Decay as Damage. Cue having 10~ active sources of healing now draining your energy which then hurts the team as they lose the benefits.

Whilst it's nice in theory for Oberon to even be able to sustain other player's minions, it's simply impractical as it stands currently. I do not know if it works on other Minion skills that have health, such as Titania's Razorflies or Nidus' Maggots, at this time. At present, I'm wondering if it is a bug; a cool bug perhaps, but a bug nonetheless.

It'll need some testing, but if nothing else I definitely think Renewal should ignore minions such as Shadows, as it's just draining energy for no real benefit to anyone involved.

After some more testing I can safely say Oberon is a true support frame now, there are however still work to be done.

One huge minus is Nekros and his shadows, all of his shadows count as buffed targets and casting Renewal means you lose all of your energy instantly.

I would suggest having Renewal only affect team mates and rescue/defence targets.

6 minutes ago, CeePee said:

After some more testing I can safely say Oberon is a true support frame now, there are however still work to be done.

One huge minus is Nekros and his shadows, all of his shadows count as buffed targets and casting Renewal means you lose all of your energy instantly.

I would suggest having Renewal only affect team mates and rescue/defence targets.

Or simply not cost you more energy....

14 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Or simply not cost you more energy....

Simply a flat energy cost for the whole ability would obviously be even better, but as it already gives near full immunity even against lv100 enemies it's entering OP territory if it didn't cost any energy

wut why? its Oberon but better, his rework seems pretty good. it's not like they ballzed it up and changed everything like they did with limbo...

what am I missing?

I took my Oberon on that level 90-120 alert, went full support, with a ranking equinox, and ranking melee. and we basically walked though it (though have to re-do it as we didn't kill jugs because we didn't know we would get a level 120 juggers, and a level 5 dark dagger doesn't do f-all. hahaha) but Oberon's stuff now works at high level stuff and he can cope with that fine, previously I couldn't do above level 40-60 with Oberon.

Edited by morningstar999

As I posted in my suggestion thread (which got merged shortly, gg):

1)Oberon needs a buff to his energy economy. He needs a higher energy pool as well as ways to get back energy as he's become incredibly energy hungry with needing to keep casting his powers together. I suggested that he spawn energy orbs from killing irradiated enemies.

2)Oberon's status procs need to scale with duration. That puncture debuff from smite and all the rad procs from everything else would be a world nicer if they lasted longer. Loki can already so this with irradiating disarm, so i don't see Oberon shouldn't have it.

3)Hallowed Ground should have its armor bonus returned and have ti stack with iron renewal. More armor for the team is especially nice, and having a way for allies to quickly access some damage reduction without needing to be babysit by Oberon is welcome. Even if they miss the wave they can still come back and tap into some armor.

4)Reckoning should strip a percentage of total armor. It doesn't need to remove all armor in one cast, but having it able to in multiple would be a huge boost to his scaling.

5)Renewal costs too much energy. You need to use energy to cast, keep using energy to keep it up, and then use energy every time it heals. That's too much energy. I think it should be a toggle similar to desecrate, costing energy to cast and then only using energy when it heals.

And I'd like to see some grass and moss on the ground for visuals for Hallowed ground, please.

Otherwise he is feeling good. He just needs a little more smoothing out to be in a solid place.

1 hour ago, morningstar999 said:

wut why? its Oberon but better, his rework seems pretty good. it's not like they ballzed it up and changed everything like they did with limbo...

what am I missing?

I took my Oberon on that level 90-120 alert, went full support, with a ranking equinox, and ranking melee. and we basically walked though it (though have to re-do it as we didn't kill jugs because we didn't know we would get a level 120 juggers, and a level 5 dark dagger doesn't do f-all. hahaha) but Oberon's stuff now works at high level stuff and he can cope with that fine, previously I couldn't do above level 40-60 with Oberon.

the office thanks thank you steve carell michael scott GIF

5 hours ago, Ethermie said:

the hallowed ground need bigger range, atleast close to/match range of reckoning

It does. Both Hallowed Ground and Reckoning have a 15m cast radius. Hallowed Ground starts as only a half circle at base Range, but the angle is affected by mods. If you have about 200 Range, his 2 and his 4 should both be a complete circle. I usually mod for around 145 Range (just a normal Stretch) and try to make sure enemies aren't directly behind me when I cast Reckoning.

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

It does. Both Hallowed Ground and Reckoning have a 15m cast radius. Hallowed Ground starts as only a half circle at base Range, but the angle is affected by mods. If you have about 200 Range, his 2 and his 4 should both be a complete circle. I usually mod for around 145 Range (just a normal Stretch) and try to make sure enemies aren't directly behind me when I cast Reckoning.

the range dosnt scale linearly.. with 145 ish range, reckoning goes up to 21 ish m and hallowed ground stays at 16 or 18 (dont remember properly)

so if you get range, reckoning out range the hallowed ground by far.

9 hours ago, Atylia said:

...is kinda funny, it really shows how far DE missed the shot on Oberon

No it doesn't. It shows how there are far too many cooks spoiling the broth who don't understand Oberon, have probably never played Oberon beyond mastery, and think he should be a DPS frame or something. What it shows is that there are way too many people who shouldn't be giving their opinions because they really aren't qualified muddying the waters and making it impossible for Scott to see any kind of unified direction that the community wants him to go in. 

Scott couldn't decide on whether he was going to go with any new feedback post rework because people are shouting at him to go in a zillion different directions, how the heck can you expect him to please even a small minority when people are that divided? 

Funny how the majority of the people mostly okay with the rework seem to have used Oberon a lot in the past or use him regularly still, and those who mostly don't like the rework are people who haven't touched him before or barely use him. Hmmm....

10 hours ago, zephyr_infinity said:

or it shows how you could never please everyone and no matter what you do there will always be someone on here saying they didn't do it right or well enough for their tastes.

This is more accurate, there are so many players that I have seen completely disregard the concept of Oberon and throw in their own thing.