Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

700 Day log in....= New Warframe?

(XBOX)DShinShoryuken

I'd be okay with the 700-day login reward being "one, fully-built and potatoed, non-Prime Warframe of the user's choice."

That way people could get an extra copy of a quest frame if they so desired.  Or they could use it to skip the Equinox farm XP

Otherwise it's just too much salt for it to be worth it.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Good day to all

After seeing that the Zenith is the 500 day login and that we have  the Trinity of Weapons.....could we be getting a Warframe for the 600th login?

I dont think a Warframe but maybe a special sentinel/armor/operator suit?

59 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

I'd be okay with the 700-day login reward being "one, fully-built and potatoed, non-Prime Warframe of the user's choice."

That way people could get an extra copy of a quest frame if they so desired.  Or they could use it to skip the Equinox farm XP

Otherwise it's just too much salt for it to be worth it.

In most cases it would just be a duplicate of an already owned frame... if you haven't got all the frames by 700 days you're doing something wrong lol

I think this is a very bad idea. I think past 500 they should just focus on cosmetics and such, boosters, glyphs, etc. 

Locking a specific warframe behind 700 days? What if it becomes meta? What if it becomes an important frame commonly requested for a particular mission type? Bad idea IMO sorry. I really hope this doesn't happen. 

The damage it would do to the community would be horrendous. 

We are really starting to get close to two YEARS worth of login days. Considering even a lot of the most dedicated don't play every single day, you pretty much are locking a warframe behind two years of regular play. For one Warframe. 

With weapons its okay to lock them behind a lot of login days because there are like over 300 weapons if you count them all and rising. But the warframes are classes, they are more unique and personal and should be more accessible. Also, you run into another problem. 

Do you NOT make it available on the market? If so, the fact that it is a login reward becomes moot and it isn't much of a reward anymore, especially for 700 days, because warframes only cost like 375 or so at most on market. Or do you not put it in market and break all precedent and anger the whales who may not have been logged in for 700 days, but have their wallets out and ready to support the game and buy it with play from the official market? 

Just no sorry, I don't see this working out or ending well at all. 

I could see them adding one final weapon, to complete the set, like a Sundial shotgun, but I don't see them releasing a sundial warframe through login exclusive. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Thanks to all the replies and comments.

People will forever and a century complain about something.....whether it is a child wanting to stay up and saying "its not fair that mom and dad get to go to sleep when they want" to a starting player complaining that the Warframe they want is in the Vault/Cost 850 plat/Drops on X/etc. The fact is that there WILL be a 600 & 700 login for those that continue to login each day. No matter how much complaints get tossed at the system, looking ahead is one of the things it does provide.....so lets look ahead.

This is not about making salt falls (cuz they always do) but about us conjecturing and thinking "What If"? Going by the way DE did the DEX set....it will most likely be a Syndana. If it is not a Syndana....what would we all like to get (cuz we all know we do not want Disappointment)? Would you want DE to start over and give us another Secondary, followed by Melee, then Primary OR something entirely worth signing in for 700 days? For myself, a Free New Warframe would be great to get as the first one I got would have been 700 days ago:awe: by that time.

Side Note- Kinda funny that the Azima, Zenistar, and Zenith first letters make AZZ.

I think a sundial shotgun could be next. I think it is possible they will round out the family with that last weapon. And I think a Dex shotgun next year is a strong possibility. 

I think they are okay with locking weapons behind long term goals -- see the Hema. But Warframes tend to be many orders of degree importance more than weapons. There are far fewer of them and they are a far more personal thing. They are about wish fulfillment and being a superhero, and locking people out of any, especially if they have the plat to buy it from DE, is not something DE is going to want to do for business reasons. 

Think about it this way. If they did do a sundial warframe as a login reward, you could bet it would be buyable from the market for plat. If that were the case, would it really feel that special? Would you still want that as the reward? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

oi You could make it excalibur umbra bp and then the system would be another 700 days away xD another 200 for the chassis and another 100 for the helmet that sir is how salt gets spread out.

or better yet a piece of paper with tenno script that says "umbras are never coming sorry we had to cancel"

Edited by AlphaTheFinalBalance

19 hours ago, LSG501 said:

In most cases it would just be a duplicate of an already owned frame... if you haven't got all the frames by 700 days you're doing something wrong lol

You're absolutely right there, but by 700 days there isn't really anything else you want, either.  But duplicating quest frames (let's be honest, they won't have made those replayable by the time we hit 700 days) without paying plat would be nice.

• 2 months later...

How about infinite Boosters? (Credit, affinity, etc..) They've been playing for such a long time at that point, they're pretty much devoted. It's the least DE could do for such long time players. Of course some people may have already bought hundreds of day's worth of boosters, but still.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:49 AM, Yzjdriel said:

You're absolutely right there, but by 700 days there isn't really anything else you want, either.  But duplicating quest frames (let's be honest, they won't have made those replayable by the time we hit 700 days) without paying plat would be nice.

The best solution to that would be completing the ability to replay all the quests and get the rewards rather than uncreatively wasting a major reward on giving away frames veteran players have already gotten. There is no doubt in my mind it would infuriate most players. If they ever did a frame login reward it would 1000% absolutely, without question NEED to be a unique frame that can only be gotten via login rewards.

Edited by Ceryk

3 hours ago, Dark_Havoc said:

How about infinite Boosters? (Credit, affinity, etc..) They've been playing for such a long time at that point, they're pretty much devoted. It's the least DE could do for such long time players. Of course some people may have already bought hundreds of day's worth of boosters, but still.

3 hours ago, Ceryk said:

The best solution to that would be completing the ability to replay all the quests and get the rewards rather than uncreatively wasting a major reward on giving away frames veteran players have already gotten. There is no doubt in my mind it would infuriate most players. If they ever did a frame login reward it would 1000% absolutely, without question NEED to be a unique frame that can only be gotten via login rewards.

This thread was made more than 2 months ago.

Just now, Insizer said:

same.

I doubt we have to worry about it though.

The way I look at it is this, the reason it would never happen is because new Warframe releases are too much of a regular revenue stream for DE. Which means if they ever made a sundial frame, even if they put it as a login reward, it would also be available for platinum. 

Which would defeat the whole purpose of it being a login exclusive in the first place. So they just wouldn't do it. They aren't going to spend all the time and effort (way more than a weapon), to make a new frame, and then only a few people who never paid them a dime will have it? 

I just don't see it happening. 

A sundial shotgun though... I could see that happening before they cut out the mastery related login rewards. 

As much as it would make sense (just for some pattern), I don't think it's possible. Considering the amount of time DE have to put into making a new Frame, I don't think we will have a Sundial Warframe. I'm saying not just for consideration for new players, but also for consideration for the developers, who most likely have to draft, design, code, and make a whole new Frame within 50 days.

• 4 weeks later...