Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please no more clan based events (at least like this)

Razzburiez

It's no secret that DE has been trying for work clans back into the game for a while now, which I can appreciate and I enjoy. The clans have been criminally under used and neglected for a while. I also liked how they ran Pacifism Defect and the clan aspect. However, I HATE how they're using clans in Ambulas Reborn.

For a refresher: the last even made it so that you clan would be rewarded with the Ignis Wraith Bp, if the total clan points divided by the number of participants from the clan was at least 260 (for ghost, like mine). However this even makes it so that the clan must reach a certain thresh hold regardless of points, regardless of participation.

Here's my issue, I'm the leader of a ghost clan, and for those who don't know, if I leave the clan will be deleted. Also, my clan isn't very active, so I've had to do basically all the work my self. But heres what really annoys me. If one of the members come on, they'll reap virtually all the benefits of my hard work. They'll only have to do at most 9 missions to unlock the Supra Vandal. And that's if there is only one ship per mission and the only do 5 animo coordinate missions. Yes, they wont be able to buy any of the stuff from Ergo Glast, but they'll still be able to get the highest reward for little work!

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, I just hope that DE will go back to either making the events personalized in rewards/progress, or go back to making it proportional to clan participation. 

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

DE still refuse to admit that not every clan have max capacity and all members are active 24/7

My clan have ~30% of activity and we easely get points for gold statue in two days of event...

Edited by Toonya

I personally think it should be a 1/2 or a 1/3 of the total members that are accounted for when making scores up since not every clan is 100% active. that way you still have to work for whatever behind the event but it's not ridiculous for the few people in the clan. Thoughts on this Idea or nah?

1 minute ago, Toonya said:

My clan have ~30% of activity and we easly get points for gold statue in two days of event...

We managed recover 2400 beacons under 20 hrs, its great but point is not every clan have active members like ours, so for some of them is more like punishment

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

We managed recover 2400 beacons under 20 hrs, its great but point is not every clan have active members like ours, so for some of them is more like punishment

If they have no such activity, then why they don't deserve such punishment? For what DE maked Bronze, Silver, Terracotta statues. If clanplayers every time want a Gold - they should do something for clan-activity... I think It's problem in players, which wanna play mostly for self, not in DE...

27 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

But why dont you just throw them out of the clan then ? or set an requirement for a certain level of activity ?

If everyone will keep doing that just imagine what WF will turn into.

We already have competitive clans that have quite insane requirements for joining like 500+ hours in game and mr20+ for example. It feels more like a job than a game.

maybe u should not hoard an army of inactives

Maybe someone should accept that majority of people will not grind like madmen. But that doesn't mean they should play solo and unable to use dojo weapons.
Edited by -Temp0-

I liked this event's management system.  it allows people to support their clan in any  way they liked, I didn't need to do some special endless mission  with my clan mates to contyribute. I just needed to do defenses when I had time.  I'm in a ghost clan where we are all semi-active.  we each play regularly for varying amounts of time.  so this event worked well for us.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Maybe someone should accept that majority of people will not grind like madmen. But that doesn't mean they should play solo and unable to use dojo weapons.

you don't have to grind like madmen to help the clan out for the event. 

3 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

What if you don't? and you run a one man clan? having to farm so much is still outrageous.

I can understand if someone wants to have a clan all by themselves but you see the basic idea behind a clan is to have a group of members working together. So you can't blame DE for being in a "solo" "clan".

Just now, Sir_Puppington said:

I can understand if someone wants to have a clan all by themselves but you see the basic idea behind a clan is to have a group of members working together. So you can't blame DE for being in a "solo" "clan".

They can at least consider that not everyone plays in a max capacity clan, and thus having to farm tenfold for something others barely have to participate for, isn't right.

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

If everyone will keep doing that just imagine what WF will turn into.

We already have competitive clans that have quite insane requirements for joining like 500+ hours in game and mr20+ for example. It feels more like a job than a game.

I'm totally fine with me being the primary contributor in my ghost clan. I've done most of the work in the past and expect to do most of the work in the future. I mostly made it for myself and friends anyway.

8 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

They can at least consider that not everyone plays in a max capacity clan, and thus having to farm tenfold for something others barely have to participate for, isn't right.

Well I guess it's a good thing they only increase the cost 10x for having a 100 cap clan, and from solo to ghost is only 200-400.If you still can't compete, kick some people before the next event start... or deal with the fact that your clan is basically a giant empty shell that the handful of active players can't support

Edited by AXCrusnik

35 minutes ago, Toonya said:

My clan have ~30% of activity and we easely get points for gold statue in two days of event...

My clan has had 1 other person play the even, and even then it was only about 3 missions

I consider a good managed clan having 90% of its members being active or at least login 1 in 30 days. I dont see a reason keeping members in after 90 days at most. This way they can be competitive in events like this 1. Remember inactive members can always rejoin. Clan size should fit its member numbers.

41 minutes ago, Toonya said:

May be DE should make new clan tier? Something for 1-3 ppl before Ghost tier... For ppl, who want create a solo-dojo, but don't want create a truly clan...

The reverse is true for large clans, many a moon clan has already complained they are getting screwed by events such as this.  They need a lot more size tiers than what we currently have.

Not really a Token System either.

The Animo Beacons are really just another type of currency. So at least we aren't subject to horrid RNG reward schemes. But the grind is still real.
Always has been.

After earning my Supra Vandal, I was just dreading the 50+ waves of Outer Terminus my clanmates and I would have to do for the the gold trophy.
Not saying it was the worst Operation ever, because it wasn't. It just got repetitive really quickly.

At least that's how I feel.

you don't have to grind like madmen to help the clan out for the event. 

That solely depends on your clan.

I consider a good managed clan having 90% of its members being active or at least login 1 in 30 days. I dont see a reason keeping members in after 90 days at most. This way they can be competitive in events like this 1. Remember inactive members can always rejoin. Clan size should fit its member numbers.

Just because they log in doesn't mean anything.
You can log in for rewards, to drop extractors, ect and log out. 

Just now, -Temp0- said:

That solely depends on your clan.. 

What i meant was, if everyone contributed a simple amount you could complete the clan goals for the event rewards. For a clan with majority of inactive players of course it doesn't apply. It is a boring grind for 2 people in a ghost clan, but with even 5 or 6 you can do it with ease.