Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with the Silva and Aegis augment

Wyrmius_Prime

The problem is simple: enemies simply have way too high health relative to their own damage.

You've more than likely seen bunch of Nyx and Loki players make enemies hit each other with Chaos or Radiating Disarm. You may have also paid attention to the fact that enemies rarely kill each others. It's you who finish them off. The point here is that the enemies are hitting each other with 100% of the damage and they aren't killing each others because of how high their health is.

The augment makes your weapon only absorb 25% of the damage, and you only get A ONE SINGLE HIT, miss or hit, and then you need to get back to stacking it all up. You will kill some enemies at low levels, yes, but most of that damage actually comes from the modded base damage and elementals of the weapon at that point. You'll more than likely get more damage out from playing with a Blood Rush crit build even though S&A's base crit chance is only 5% ._. It's soooo bad.

It seems like the new mods in general are pretty bad. They could have been worked out a little more. 

Like, what the fudge is up with the Lanka one? It seems more or less worthless.

Edited by KX297

19 minutes ago, KX297 said:

It seems like the new mods in general are pretty bad. They could have been worked out a little more. 

Like, what the fudge is up with the Lanka one? It seems more or less worthless.

I need to check but i belive that new one for miter might be pretty useful for corpus missions since i HATE nullifiers

Edited by Raskolnikow

I thought the problem was that blocking in this game is basically useless, which is why no one uses the Vaykor Sydon even though it's a 15m Radial Blind. 

Or that it's basically like Energy Channel, which again no one uses even though the damage is applied before things like elemental mods. 

Or that you have to use the terribly slow, and almost impossible to use Charge Attack mechanic that's interlaced/overlapped with combos, and only usable in stance. 

I don't think they made this mod to have an actual gameplay use. I'm pretty sure it's made just to give you something to do for ten minutes. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Or that it's basically like Energy Channel, which again no one uses even though the damage is applied before things like elemental mods.

I think Energy channel was kind of usable, when you where using charge attacks, back in melee 1.0.

Now with combos being far more potent compared to charge attacks it lost it's little bit of value it had left.

i think fixing this could be done through removing the flat charge attack value and instead using a Charge-attack multiplier, that way you whould have:

((Base Damage + Energy Channel) * Charge-attack-Multiplier = Damage.

Just a thought though....

56 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I thought the problem was that blocking in this game is basically useless, which is why no one uses the Vaykor Sydon even though it's a 15m Radial Blind. 

There's basically no reason to use the Vaykor Sydon except for the blind feature, but the blind feature is not really necessary when there is so much easier ways. Atterax + Shadowstep macrospinning is very popular.

Even if you're one of the few of us us who doesn't use Shadowstep, and even if you like polearms (Tonbo is my most used weapon in the game, which I think qualifies me as a polearms user), I don't use the Vaykor Sydon because its build and stats are weird. It has as much status as the Tonbo, which means a status build works great on it...or it would, if it wasn't Puncture.  Puncture status doesn't stack and is basically useless.  It has decent crit chance which means a crit build work great on it.... or it would, if other weapons (eg Galatine Prime) didn't do more damage with more crit chance and better damage types.   It's a polearm which means it has high reach which would be great for Maiming Strike build... Except Kesheg does more damage and has a higher crit multiplier.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The problem is simple: enemies simply have way too high health relative to their own damage.

Agree.  This augment is basically irrelevant.  You block and take 15% of enemies damage, you attack them back and do 25% to one single enemy.  When even a low tier weapon can dish up 10K DPS and the godtier stuff is up at 50-100K DPS, there's just no reason to use it. All the mods you spend on trying to make the absorb damage effect useful would be better spent on damage or damage amplification.  By the time you would do more to the enemy with this augment than just shooting or stabbing them with normal attacks, you won't survive the 15% of incoming damage you're forced to take.

still. damage absorbtion aside i would still like to see the damage released done simular to nezha augment. so instead of a "punch this guy harder" it turns into a flame strike. leaving a slash of fire infront of you after the initial damage slash.

(also other augments aside. i personally wont be using the miter one{i love my miter but i brought a secondary to deal with nullies a long time ago}. and the lanka one makes me wish grineer had more flying units. also the obex one eats too much energy apparently,and the kunai one....thats basically jsut a blight proc...cuz you dont ever really notice reloads on throwing knifes.)

Edited by Ordosan

13 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

I need to check but i belive that new one for miter might be pretty useful for corpus missions since i HATE nullifiers

Not really?

You can shoot the shield with a Miter blade and have 9 chances in 10 it will go down, or aim that Miter at the emitter sitting up high on the bubble and have a 100% chance it will go down ... if you are a good shot that is.

If it had been 100% or it had been "ignore Bubbles", you still would have to say, mod it properly to kill the Crewman inside, but a 90% chance, when a rapid fire pistol will bring it down in a fraction of a second anyway is ... probably not going to make people use a Miter as a bubble remover.

4 hours ago, DSpite said:

Not really?

You can shoot the shield with a Miter blade and have 9 chances in 10 it will go down, or aim that Miter at the emitter sitting up high on the bubble and have a 100% chance it will go down ... if you are a good shot that is.

If it had been 100% or it had been "ignore Bubbles", you still would have to say, mod it properly to kill the Crewman inside, but a 90% chance, when a rapid fire pistol will bring it down in a fraction of a second anyway is ... probably not going to make people use a Miter as a bubble remover.

ya like  they mentioned the miter augment but that was BEFORE the new drone update. and then this augment just makes me feel like im the only person who knows how to bring a complementary pistol. if your have a bow or a launcher or something taht cant take down nullybubbles. then take a secondary taht can. Id rather keep my 100% bleed/toxic proc gun than a bubble remover.

9 hours ago, DSpite said:

Not really?

5 hours ago, Ordosan said:

ya like  they mentioned the miter augment but that was BEFORE the new drone update. and then this augment just makes me feel like im the only person who knows how to bring a complementary pistol. if your have a bow or a launcher or something taht cant take down nullybubbles. then take a secondary taht can. Id rather keep my 100% bleed/toxic proc gun than a bubble remover.

It's not like i dont know how to deal with them, it's more like hard to hit that drones sometimes and changing to pistol every couple of seconds is not my style. I like the idea of having 1 gun with abillity to take down the bubble with just one shot (i read on wiki that with multishot it makes it a 100% chance ofc and also second blade can hit the nullifier as well so it takes 1 click and that bastard is down for good (if the second blade kills him)

And another + is justice effect

Edited by Raskolnikow

On 5/8/2017 at 10:21 PM, DSpite said:

Not really?

Personally, I find it kinda useful. Especially when I run into that rare host whose connection is so bad that nullifier bubbles suddenly get invincibility frames between states.