Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Avenging Truth

Scarachus

1 minute ago, RyuGold said:

I'm not even gonna read anything and I'm just gonna agree.

Stockpiled Blight and Avenging Truth are an absolute joke

I didn't even read OP and I agree with it XD

Title explains all :B

Using enemy's damage against them as a whole is just a bad idea in current Warframe. Doesn't matter if its avenging truth, damage reflection from vazarin, titania's tribute, the reflection mod or all four of them used together. Enemy health scaling up faster than their damage kills the viability of them all.

Nyx's mind control, an enemy turning their full damage against their brethren, is useless (for damage) without the 500% damage argument. Even with a power strength build it still falls off end of starchart-ish.

I've never understood why DE keeps adding "reflects enemy damage back at them" as a mechanic. The tools that grant this ability have always, always been considered useless-- yet they keep doing it. Why?

As far as melee weapons go, damage reflection (or absorbing enemy damage) could work well if the reflected damage was affected by mods. Elemental mods, base damage mods, crit mods, combo multiplier, everything-- effectively being treated just like the base damage of the weapon itself, perhaps with the same crit stats and everything.

DE announced the augment more than a year ago, even called it boring themselves. We gave our feedback, and then the mod gets released without any change. There's no excuse, they're completely ignoring feedback.

Making it a lesser Condition Overload with less mod cost would be nice, since it synergizes with the syndicate gas proc. Honestly anything that doesn't involve blocking or channeling would be good. 

I like how you write, because that's what devs' consciousness should be telling them before they release trash.

Hell, it's how my consciousness talks to me before I do a half assed job or do something stupid. Have my upvote and I agree with everything said.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

16 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Yes, just straight up change it. Nobody uses charge attack. Ever. It's even worse if you use Final Harbinger because charging does the E + Hold combo instead, so you have to swing once and then use the charge attack making it terribly awkward to use. The shield also has innate 85% DR, which means you actually absorb 3.75% of enemy damage instead of 25% as advertised. Silva & Aegis is also trash stat-wise. 

The only reason you'd want to use the augment is for the syndicate proc which is completely pathetic. Not that the other augment in this batch isn't pathetic but still, giving a trash weapon a trash augment is just insulting. 

I have an idea for that augement.

The silva and aegis grants passive damage resistance of 30% to all players in 20m circle.(stackable)

BOOM.

Now its a considerable weapon choice.

16 hours ago, faiyde said:

Using enemy's damage against them as a whole is just a bad idea in current Warframe. Doesn't matter if its avenging truth, damage reflection from vazarin, titania's tribute, the reflection mod or all four of them used together. Enemy health scaling up faster than their damage kills the viability of them all.

Nyx's mind control, an enemy turning their full damage against their brethren, is useless (for damage) without the 500% damage argument. Even with a power strength build it still falls off end of starchart-ish.

This is absolutely true. Melee in general already does enough damage to go against regular enemies. By the time you would need the extra damage, enemies dont do enough damage to store and use against them. 

now i see what you all meen, but would it not be better to half the charge attack time, move the damage absorbed to infront of the shield and whaam, a much more intresting weapon.

perhaps give sword and shield type inherent aggro?

and lets be a little bitt serus, just for a secund, what do you want it to be changed to?

come lads and ladies, constructive critisism is bozz

18 hours ago, Ninubi said:

now i see what you all meen, but would it not be better to half the charge attack time, move the damage absorbed to infront of the shield and whaam, a much more intresting weapon.

perhaps give sword and shield type inherent aggro?

and lets be a little bitt serus, just for a secund, what do you want it to be changed to?

come lads and ladies, constructive critisism is bozz

25% damage absorbed not affected by block's DR, apply to regular attacks or make charge attacks faster. Increasing aggro while blocking would be good too. Damage resistance to allies is cool. Even maybe adding melee weapon's mods to the absorbed damage.

Sure, all of that would be pretty overwhelming, so just a little point or two so it's not just a joke.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm perfectly fine with the mechanics of the mod. If they give us a rebindable key exclusively for charge attacks, or just make them easier to perform one some reason (Looking at you, Rapiers, and Sword and shield) Then they'd be fine-- Also please bring back the ability to use charge attacks faster.

• 3 weeks later...