Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer NOX discussion. Chem-strike Grineer unit.

SprinKah

I'd like to talk about this absolutely beautiful mofo right here. mister.Nox. Personally I'm all about the Grineer so this is very interesting to me.

So...I'm quite curious, I know DE talked about this "chem strike" unit in the stream and they showed this dude.

I wonder if this guy, is going to be an actual CHARACTER....or is he just the default look of the upcoming chem strike grineer unit.

Personally, I want him to be an ACTUAL character.One reason is because of his name "Nox", another being that he looks very...let's say....unique and special. he doesn't have that look of mass produced grineer.

maybe the new chem strike unit will have the same...armor and everything, but just doesn't really show their face like in this one, displaying characteristics and stuff. And well...not all....one leg larry.

but who knows, they didn't really say much about that. what do you guys think?

I at first imagined them rolling out with G3, but then I realized that G3 does things alone. 

They are chemical strike units who specialize in chemicals/toxins. I'm guessing you'll either see them on Earth or on the Shipyard tilesets. However, the word "strike" being in the name makes me think that they won't just be a new enemy. Maybe they'll be a deathsquad hence the name. 

29 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I at first imagined them rolling out with G3, but then I realized that G3 does things alone. 

They are chemical strike units who specialize in chemicals/toxins. I'm guessing you'll either see them on Earth or on the Shipyard tilesets. However, the word "strike" being in the name makes me think that they won't just be a new enemy. Maybe they'll be a deathsquad hence the name. 

I know what it means, I just wondered if the model shown is going to be the overall LOOK of the unit, or is he separate model for like...I don't know...captain of the chem strike unit of something

because NOX sounds like an individual name.

57 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

Sorry, the way he was being talked about, this is definitely a new unit, not a character, going to be able to blow open his glass dome while you fight him, but I do agree, looks very interesting.

yeah...indeed

I mean, it's just super weird you know....I really don't want to see EVERY chem strike unit looks like that identically. all have their right leg replaced with bionic and everything...the design is also quite...Sargas Ruk/ Tyl Regor level too...

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I'd assume it would be something akin to the corpus dropship deal, maybe pods containing them are dropped from the sky or something.  I didn't actually get the chance to see the devstream though, so I am just guessing.

I immediately named him Mr.Chem because he looks like Mr.Freeze, just with another problem.

I am unsure about these guys. Untill now Grineer have looked pretty solid,  hard armor, defined features. 

Ever since War Within I feel they have a new look; more soft more sculpted. 

I am guessing that there is a new Art Direction as well as new modellers on the team. Chroma deluxe share this new look and like I said, I prefer sharper more defined models.

As with everything in Warframe I will reserve Judgement until I see them moving in the game.

it's nice too see more diverse Grineer and all, but are we gonna just ignore the fact that the Corpus don't have ANY sub factions whatsoever? they're literally all the same, even higher ups like Frohd Bek still wear Crewman Suits. why can't we get Anyocorp Spec Ops, or Alad V's own units wearing different colours? give them some diversity: appearance changes, different weapons, special abilities etc. and it would be less of an eyesore when we're fighting them (until Nullies and sappers turn up of course)..

I particularly like the Index Brokers with the Orange details, more units like that would be great IMO.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's nice too see more diverse Grineer and all, but are we gonna just ignore the fact that the Corpus don't have ANY sub factions whatsoever? they're literally all the same, even higher ups like Frohd Bek still wear Crewman Suits. why can't we get Anyocorp Spec Ops, or Alad V's own units wearing different colours? give them some diversity: appearance changes, different weapons, special abilities etc. and it would be less of an eyesore when we're fighting them (until Nullies and sappers turn up of course)..

I particularly like the Index Brokers with the Orange details, more units like that would be great IMO.

I have my own theory that they removed the Elite Crewman's blue suits because they're planning on doing it, after all, Anyocorp colors do seem to be blue and yellow, so they might be going for that.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Combas are spec ops.

14 hours ago, arch111 said:

I immediately named him Mr.Chem because he looks like Mr.Freeze, just with another problem.

I am unsure about these guys. Untill now Grineer have looked pretty solid,  hard armor, defined features. 

Ever since War Within I feel they have a new look; more soft more sculpted. 

I am guessing that there is a new Art Direction as well as new modellers on the team. Chroma deluxe share this new look and like I said, I prefer sharper more defined models.

As with everything in Warframe I will reserve Judgement until I see them moving in the game.

Mr.Chem hehe, nice

Aint going to win any beauty contests thats for sure.

They look positevly and utterly disgusting. And i'll be delighted to smash them.I wonder though, will they have special finisher animations for them?

You cant exactly break a neck inside a glass helmet.(we'd have to smash it)

Like the looks but not sure about how I could be potentially proc'd to hell by toxic if he isn't only gas.

Toxic ancients/eximus are manageable but that doesn't change how annoying the proc can sometimes be.

Edited by Naith

On 5/13/2017 at 6:01 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I wish the Corpus got more love. There are so many Corpus weapons with lore behind that we don't see units weilding. The Grineer use their grakatas, hinds, machetes, cleavers, basolks, ogris, you name it. All the Corpus use are deras, supras, lankas, and detron. Only in archwing do they use the Quanta and Penta. 

In terms of class of soldier, we just have the scrambus and comba units. 

On 14/05/2017 at 5:01 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's nice too see more diverse Grineer and all, but are we gonna just ignore the fact that the Corpus don't have ANY sub factions whatsoever?

46 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I wish the Corpus got more love. There are so many Corpus weapons with lore behind that we don't see units wielding. All the Corpus use are deras, supras, lankas, and detron. Only in archwing do they use the Quanta and Penta. 

In terms of class of soldier, we just have the scrambus and comba units. 

Agreed. The Grineer have multiple sub-factions and re-skins (Arid, Drekar, Frontier, Kuva, etc.) while the Corpus doesn't have any. You'd thought that being a capitalistic faction, they'd have more typings- would be interesting to see different types of Corpus to represent competitions and stuff.

17 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Boy am I looking forward to toxin procs at high level, amirite bois?

Tell me about it. The first thing that I thought seeing this in the Devstream is: "Great, after the Toxin death cloud from the Mutalist Osprey, we'll be seeing it from the Grineer as well? Here I thought it would be Infested only..."

20 hours ago, samuelx43a said:

Aint going to win any beauty contests thats for sure.

They look positevly and utterly disgusting. And i'll be delighted to smash them.I wonder though, will they have special finisher animations for them?

You cant exactly break a neck inside a glass helmet.(we'd have to smash it)

YOU TAKE THAT BACK HE'S BEAUTIFUL