Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any reason mesa doesnt target nullifier weakpoint?

That would make mesa too strong I guess. Right now we have to actuallty turn peacemakers off from time to time and pop nulis, imho its balanced like that. Corpus have their nulis and grineer have their explosives to take mesas down.

For obvious reasons. Nuliifiers are supposed to be resistant to powers. Peacemaker is a power. Being able to target the weak point with a power would render the whole thing pointless. Especially if its one that you don't really even have to aim.

Not gonna lie, No idea why I keep seeing people asking about this. Its pretty obvious why that would be silly.

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

For obvious reasons. Nuliifiers are supposed to be resistant to powers. Peacemaker is a power. Being able to target the weak point with a power would render the whole thing pointless. Especially if its one that you don't really even have to aim.

Not gonna lie, No idea why I keep seeing people asking about this. Its pretty obvious why that would be silly.

you see it alot cause mesa shoots guns not space magic like ember it makes sence a power that targets weakpoints would hit all weakpoints irregardless of what there attached to 

Nullifiers were introduced to counteract Warframe abilities. Those are bound to the 1-4 keys by default. 

Mesa's Peacemaker is #4. Nullifiers counteract that. 

Thus the point of them not being affected. It really isn't hard to comprehend.

It's also incredibly easy to come out of Peacemaker and shoot the bubble with the kind of weapons that you should be using to boost Peacemaker in the first place. Or flat out melee them down then press #4 again.

Not liking it is one thing, but creating the exact same topic that was created and answered yesterday isn't going to change the result.

10 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Don't make sense if you think about it. Nullifiers nullify powers that's caught within the field. The drone is clearly outside of it

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chosen432 said:

you see it alot cause mesa shoots guns not space magic like ember it makes sence a power that targets weakpoints would hit all weakpoints irregardless of what there attached to 

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Don't make sense if you think about it. Nullifiers nullify powers that's caught within the field. The drone is clearly outside of it

I could explain logic away lorewise by saying that, understandably, the very thing that makes the bubble is also resistant to powers. As its generates the power nullifying field. Bam, there's your in game logic.

Now in game logic aside, much more importantly is the fact the weak point wouldn't be doing its job from a mechanics standpoint. With the exception of peacemaker, its much easier to just shoot the damn thing than use a power, why waste energy? If you can hit it with fireball, you can shoot it even easier. Its more logical to make powers just operate across the same rules in regards to nullies, then have arbitrary exceptions that serve only to make nullies not do their job properly.

This especially applies to peacemaker, as its a power you don't even have to really aim properly. Dunno about you, but aimbotting a weak point on a nully with a power kind of defeats the point, dontchya think?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

To be brutally honest...it's because the external drone was not made as a weak point to allow a sharp shooter to bypass the nullifier. It was made as a gesture to make people stop complaining. They gave it object health to make it immune to crit weapons, i.e. snipers and bows, precision weapons which folks wanted to be able to use against nullifiers, and made it so that it sits in the perfect location on the bubble so as to be untargetable unless you're right in front of the nullifier crewman. 

Under most circumstances, you're better off just using rapid fire weapons to burst down the bubble itself, or melee sliding through it, the old way.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

3 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

Sadly they're also bound to five on the focus key. You can't cast focus if a nullifier is there. (idk why but... hey)

The Focus schools, as well as the operator function were not in the game when the Nullifiers were introduced. Which is why that was stated in the quote - they were introduced much later down the line.

Trying to use your Focus ability inside a Nullifier's bubble doesn't strike you as a little odd? Why wouldn't you kill it first since you're right there? Prioritising targets is something I would expect any Shooter style game to include.

9 minutes ago, Arezael said:

The Focus schools, as well as the operator function were not in the game when the Nullifiers were introduced. Which is why that was stated in the quote - they were introduced much later down the line.

Trying to use your Focus ability inside a Nullifier's bubble doesn't strike you as a little odd? Why wouldn't you kill it first since you're right there? Prioritising targets is something I would expect any Shooter style game to include.

Maduri would let you kill it though and although killing is faster it may just be part of a tactic such as if shadow stalker and a few nullifiers are there get down shadow stalker massively so it's easier in general. And that makes sense, thanks. (Your first sentnece about the focus schools and operator function, maybe Focus 2.0 will be immune?)

3 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

Maduri would let you kill it though and although killing is faster it may just be part of a tactic such as if shadow stalker and a few nullifiers are there get down shadow stalker massively so it's easier in general. And that makes sense, thanks. (Your first sentnece about the focus schools and operator function, maybe Focus 2.0 will be immune?)

Doesn't make much sense for focus to be an exception either as it is a Tenno power, which is where the warframes draw their power from. It seems nullies more accurately block powers and energies related to the void and void energy is the very thing that warframe powers and the Tenno thrive on. 

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to focus and direct Tenno powers being an exception. They are infinitely less cheesy and as it is they have very little use outside of a few circumstances. Being nullifier friendly would expand their usefulness somewhat.

1 minute ago, LightningsVengance said:

I suspect DE did it deliberately to force the players hand, so to speak. I'm not sure what their future plans are, but I would guess Nullifiers are not going to receive any major changes for a while, given the mechanic of the drone 'weakpoint' was only recently added. Perhaps some small balance tweaks?

I've been playing around with the new Miter Augment mod, and even on Kuva Floods it's incredibly effective in dealing with Nullys. It would seem to me that they're here to stay, if they're going to introduce new ways to counteract the bubble. But that's just me speculating.

6 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Doesn't make much sense for focus to be an exception either as it is a Tenno power, which is where the warframes draw their power from. It seems nullies more accurately block powers and energies related to the void and void energy is the very thing that warframe powers and the Tenno thrive on. 

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to focus and direct Tenno powers being an exception. They are infinitely less cheesy and as it is they have very little use outside of a few circumstances. Being nullifier friendly would expand their usefulness somewhat.

Tenno opeartor powers after TWW (The War Within) are immune so what would make the actual Focus powers different?

8 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

Tenno opeartor powers after TWW (The War Within) are immune so what would make the actual Focus powers different?

That's a valid point. There are definitely some inconsistencies there. Tenno powers are nowhere near as powerful or useful so I guess DE decided to let that one go until they can figure out what to do. Or its an oversight. That being said, Its possibly intended just to stop nully spam from completely ruining kuva flood runs? That would be a massive sh!tshow after all. Trying to manage so many things at once, especially solo would be a  nightmare.

Who knows?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

49 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

To be brutally honest...it's because the external drone was not made as a weak point to allow a sharp shooter to bypass the nullifier. It was made as a gesture to make people stop complaining. They gave it object health to make it immune to crit weapons, i.e. snipers and bows, precision weapons which folks wanted to be able to use against nullifiers, and made it so that it sits in the perfect location on the bubble so as to be untargetable unless you're right in front of the nullifier crewman. 

Under most circumstances, you're better off just using rapid fire weapons to burst down the bubble itself, or melee sliding through it, the old way.

Except they fixed it counting as an object quite a while ago :|

And last mission I encountered them I was popping nullifier bubbles left and right with my vectis.

(They also increased the hitbox at that time if you have not tried to hit it since way back)

As for the topic. just use your gun for once. pick up the akstiletto prime or a pandero and you are set for nullifiers.