Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE. Your Making Great Progress But There's Just One Thing

The change to color syandanas separately was a great step in the right direction. Now if we can focus toward the arcanes. 

Arcanes still restrict you to a certain syandanna/helmet despite have unlimited distillers. If you want to change syandanas but wonna still keep the arcane. You have to distill. Upgrade on your current syandana. Then spend 20mins to change the syandanna to the one with the arcane on all your frames plus on the 3 configs. Plus an extra 5 to 10mins to color it because of fashionframe.

A possible solution could be getting rid of distillers and possibly having the ability to equip up to 2 arcanes in your gear slots. That way. Your truley free to switch in and out arcanes and able to change your whole look without spending extra time to distill and everything that I mentioned above.

Thoughts?

YES plz. DE please so this. It would be the best thing ever to happen to warframe. This is absolutely perfect. 

I really want to have full power over customising my frames, but sometimes I get so restricted cause of arcanes. :(

46 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

The change to color syandanas separately was a great step in the right direction. Now if we can focus toward the arcanes. 

Arcanes still restrict you to a certain syandanna/helmet despite have unlimited distillers. If you want to change syandanas but wonna still keep the arcane. You have to distill. Upgrade on your current syandana. Then spend 20mins to change the syandanna to the one with the arcane on all your frames plus on the 3 configs. Plus an extra 5 to 10mins to color it because of fashionframe.

A possible solution could be getting rid of distillers and possibly having the ability to equip up to 2 arcanes in your gear slots. That way. Your truley free to switch in and out arcanes and able to change your whole look without spending extra time to distill and everything that I mentioned above.

Thoughts?

There has been so many theories to solve this over Reddit, one in particular was perfect, equipping Arcanes on the same screen you change mods, along with your school. This way you could keep them with your load-outs too, making the load-out system actually viable. 

This question is posted on the forums or on Reddit once a week I'd say, every time it gets looked over with no response. It's a real shame as this would encourage more people to buy Arcanes and get more creative with builds. 

would be a good system. I also envisioned something like this myself for Syndicates: instead of being forced to wear Syndicate Sigils to earn rep, we could simply equip a Syndicate Item in our gear menus to earn rep, with only one being allowed at any given time, just like with Dragon Keys. people can still wear the Sigils if they want for fashionframe or to show their prestige within a syndicate, but it will no longer be mandatory to earn extra Syndicate Rep.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Thoughts?

We really should blow up the dev streams with these quality QoL changes. 

Then I could finally start matching my frames with the "500 million" syadanas I own. And not have to run misa p on everything..lol

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

6 hours ago, -Shikari- said:

Every time a post about Arcanes is on the forum it just dies down, it's a bummer. One thread needs to be kept alive. 

Right? Some ppl actually be having great ideas for them. I just think Distillers are a waste even if they are limited.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

We really should blow up the dev streams with these quality QoL changes. 

Yeah Imma start putting these types of questions in the Devstream threads and hopefully it will get noticed.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Then I could finally start matching my frames with the "500 million" syadanas I own. And not have to run misa p on everything..lol

Soooo true. Lol

5 hours ago, Voidforged said:

I would love this, I'm swapping multiple sets of arcanes every day and it's endless annoying and pointless.

Yeah Everytime I find a new syandana I like. I'm swapping arcanes and syandanas on all my frames and configs which feel like hours. It's a little annoying because I know there could be a simpler way to do this.

7 hours ago, -Shikari- said:

There has been so many theories to solve this over Reddit, one in particular was perfect, equipping Arcanes on the same screen you change mods, along with your school. This way you could keep them with your load-outs too, making the load-out system actually viable. 

This question is posted on the forums or on Reddit once a week I'd say, every time it gets looked over with no response. It's a real shame as this would encourage more people to buy Arcanes and get more creative with builds. 

I actually like this idea too. 

DE actually talked about removing distillers entirely at one point, but i guess they forgot about it because I only heard of it on one devstream and never again. I never use arcanes because they're too time-consuming to get for little actual benefit without either running LoR/Jordas Verdict a thousand times or spending hundreds of plat to lock one syandana as better than the others you have.

Jokes on you I don't have any arcanes. But I do like the idea of infusing power in extra pieces of armor/fashion.

Maybe just a quick menu to equip arcanes trough appearance would do the trick too.

I think the issue is simply that most players don't have arcanes because most players don't touch trials. Hence DE aren't interested in dedicating substantial time to altering a little-used system for QOL reasons.

If altering how arcanes worked would get people to do trials then I think DE would give it time, but it won't, the reasons people don't do trials are much deeper than annoyances with equipping arcanes.

We don't need this tho, it isn't hard to switch arcanes, and why do you take 10 minutes just to color a syandana? Also, if you just want the arcane on one frame, then switch the arcane to your current frames syandana, then switch it again when you switch frames. It doesn't take a half hour like you are saying to get an arcane switched.

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

I think the issue is simply that most players don't have arcanes because most players don't touch trials. Hence DE aren't interested in dedicating substantial time to altering a little-used system for QOL reasons.

If altering how arcanes worked would get people to do trials then I think DE would give it time, but it won't, the reasons people don't do trials are much deeper than annoyances with equipping arcanes.

If something is unpopular or wrong then it is their duty to make it fun to use. That is worth their time because they can get benefits from them. I haven't arcanes and nor have augments as well because these systems not benefits for my time.

Yea uhh.... *You're? Last time I checked there is no "making good progress but" belonging to DE....

Also, I don't like arcanes being attached to attachments either. There should just be an arcane slot in appearance to choose. Or the upgrades screen works too.

5 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

If something is unpopular or wrong then it is their duty to make it fun to use. That is worth their time because they can get benefits from them. I haven't arcanes and nor have augments as well because these systems not benefits for my time.

Kinda, but if DE want to make arcanes popular they need to make the trials appeal to a wider audience before they think about the arcanes themselves.

The fact the trials are a player-toxic, forced teaming, "how many internet friends do you have", 50-DKP-minus mess is, IMHO the main reason for their lack of popularity.

21 hours ago, arielessar said:

I like it, of course they would have to make it 1 slot in the case of the arcane helmets from forever ago (you can't arcane those right?)

IMO those should finally be removed and be replaced with legendary cores, or they should be returned to the game as part of the existing arcane system somehow, so people can get them. 

And this is speaking from someone who has a couple still. It just is ludicrous that there are stat affecting items like this that can never be obtained anymore, and many of them really make certain builds significantly better. It just isn't okay the way they handled it, and it's never too late to right the wrong. 

A cosmetic change in no reasonable sense impacts a UI/system change, so using the separation of capes and armor coloring as a launching point to a much belabored topic of changing how the Arcane Enhancement system works is questionable.

DE has stated they don't want arcanes to be treated as mods. I have yet to see anyone actually try and do something with this restriction. All of these "super simple" or "quick" arcane changes just ignore this and turn them in to mods. Why should DE listen to any of these topics, when none of them even acknowledge their design goals?

Arcane helmets, despite a similar name, are dead. They exist in-game due to their plat worth and player feedback at the time that they existed, but nothing is likely to be done with them short of being outright removed from the game.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

A cosmetic change in no reasonable sense impacts a UI/system change, so using the separation of capes and armor coloring as a launching point to a much belabored topic of changing how the Arcane Enhancement system works is questionable.

DE has stated they don't want arcanes to be treated as mods. I have yet to see anyone actually try and do something with this restriction. All of these "super simple" or "quick" arcane changes just ignore this and turn them in to mods. Why should DE listen to any of these topics, when none of them even acknowledge their design goals?

Arcane helmets, despite a similar name, are dead. They exist in-game due to their plat worth and player feedback at the time that they existed, but nothing is likely to be done with them short of being outright removed from the game.

We're the ones who play their game, it's  QOL change. 
Whether they plan for us not to treat them as mods or not, they need to realise that it's what the community wants. 

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

The fact the trials are a player-toxic, forced teaming, "how many internet friends do you have", 50-DKP-minus mess is, IMHO the main reason for their lack of popularity.

Well not really how many you have, but it forces you to make some, or just join a team who does it regularly, which isn't hard.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

IMO those should finally be removed and be replaced with legendary cores, or they should be returned to the game as part of the existing arcane system somehow, so people can get them. 

And this is speaking from someone who has a couple still. It just is ludicrous that there are stat affecting items like this that can never be obtained anymore, and many of them really make certain builds significantly better. It just isn't okay the way they handled it, and it's never too late to right the wrong. 

I cannot tell you how much I agree with your stance on this, as another person who owns arcane helms.

1 minute ago, -Shikari- said:

We're the ones who play their game, it's  QOL change. 
Whether they plan for us not to treat them as mods or not, they need to realise that it's what the community wants. 

DE is working on a change and in the meantime we have one time build, infinite use distillers.

The community wants lots of things... until suddenly they don't. I am more prone to trust the developer with the roadmap and the need to keep their game going in the long term than the fickle and contradictory wants of the nebulous "community"

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

DE is working on a change and in the meantime we have one time build, infinite use distillers.

The community wants lots of things... until suddenly they don't. I am more prone to trust the developer with the roadmap and the need to keep their game going in the long term than the fickle and contradictory wants of the nebulous "community"

We still have distillers, that's the thing. This is the problem right here. 
Having multiple sets of arcanes just so you don't have to restrict your fashionframe should not of been a thing in the first place.