Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming strike should come back

Apollo_Ra

Has anybody actually ran the DPS calcs of a standard Maiming Strike build to a non one? The difference is insane its crazy. For how insane the DPS is increased and how it happened such a long time ago it mean for the price :( I'm a noob and wanna pwn. 

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it should come out immediately. Acolytes come back around every 6 months and we just got them back on valentine's day. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 hours ago, Apollo_Ra said:

Has anybody actually ran the DPS calcs of a standard Maiming Strike build to a non one? The difference is insane its crazy.

Have you seen the DPS on a Condition Overload status build? They make raw crit weapons look like MR fodder.

2 hours ago, Apollo_Ra said:

:( I'm a noob and wanna pwn. 

Then "git gud".

7 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Have you seen the DPS on a Condition Overload status build?

Shhhh, don't tell people my secret. Everyone who has been calling Silva and Aegis trash, even with the new augment, don't know 'bout my Condition Overload strats.

14 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Shhhh, don't tell people my secret. Everyone who has been calling Silva and Aegis trash, even with the new augment, don't know 'bout my Condition Overload strats.

This strat?

Sorry...

For most stances Maiming Strike is a large DPS increase but not all. Cleaving Whirlwind for instance is exactly the same DPS.

I've had a Maiming Strike since the first time Acolytes showed up and I only use it on Whips because the stance sucks.

It's a really dumb way to play the game and I'll be glad when it's changed. Esp since it's a very grey area of exploitative usage through macros.

There's nothing wrong with a fire macro but a macro that both fires and controls your character to perform a specific attack type is borderline IMO.

8 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

No, not that. Legit strats. Not some strange bug or unintended side effect.

Gas from proc, cold from artax, radiation from oberon, two more statuses on silva and aegis.

Hm, you could add Heat from Cycron as well. Switching between the two could be a hassle though, and I'm not sure the upcoming dual-wield will include the Sword and Shield.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I've had a Maiming Strike since the first time Acolytes showed up and I only use it on Whips because the stance sucks.

My primary use of this mod is to use naramon reliably on any weapon.  To each their own.

8 hours ago, Apollo_Ra said:

Has anybody actually ran the DPS calcs of a standard Maiming Strike build to a non one? The difference is insane its crazy. For how insane the DPS is increased and how it happened such a long time ago it mean for the price :( I'm a noob and wanna pwn. 

If you want it to comeback just gimmi 1000 plat and you will get your Maiming Strike. This mod is only useful if you want to make a crit build on a non crit weapon. Nowdays we have strong melee builds without the need of that mod. And DE are planning on releasing melee rivens :facepalm: but that is another subject

14 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Hm, you could add Heat from Cycron as well. Switching between the two could be a hassle though, and I'm not sure the upcoming dual-wield will include the Sword and Shield.

AFAIK it doesn't.

It makes me wish you could proc heat from the slam attack. Sadly all it does is a blowback.

I don't like Maiming Strike much. They make stances for weapons and then make a mod that encourages players to not use said stance's combos. Seems rather counterproductive.

The stacking with Blood Rush is just ridiculously overpowered, but Blood Rush on its own is rather ridiculous as well.