Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the (swear word) is everyone so salty towards Limbo dagnabbit

(PSN)varas2110

Poeple, I think OP got the message a while ago.

A point for OP, Limbo isn't useless. It can be an amazing frame in the hands of those who are skilled with his powers.

But it's feeling useless once the stasis cames out of nowhere. I did a mobile defense with a limbo, he used Stasis when I didn't notice (was already in the rift) and got my Penta right in my face when I thought I got it far enough to activate.

But once again, in another mission with the same Limbo (defense this time), the random Stasis was helpfull as the enemies couldn't get to the objective in cluch moments. It came out of nowhere but had it's benefits.

The problem here is with cooparation between the squad members, not Limbo's abilities.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

I know yeah

Yadayada I used this as an example tho I never meant it to be the main focus 

I suggest you make that clear in your OP that way future viewers will know it too. When I first came here, my first thought was "a Limbo player that doesn't know how detrimental Stasis can be". After reading the replies shows that wasn't the case. 

18 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I give the OP that hating on him, just for using Limbo is wrong. But if he does "stupid" stuff, then he should not wonder.

I played Limbo few times on pub and ppl gave me hate only for being Limbo. Haven't used Stasis whole mission. They still hated me. I wanted to use it all time, cause they deserved it. Or other day some guy called me to not play him. I said him to not play that frame. And who've got all the hate? Oh yea, me. It's clear that he started it but no no no. It's not his fault. Only cause I was Limbo.

Emergency / situanional stasis : okay

Neverending stasis : not okay

Constant stasis refresh on a giant scale : super not okay

As someone who use limbo here and there too, i never use stasis with cataclysm for too long in pubs. If i want stasis then i use it with banish and pick em off one by one, or cast cataclysm stasis somewhere that wont hinder friendly fires,  because giant stasis bubble is a force pause button for those who prefer ranged weapons

I think the easiest fix to Stasis would be to make it not halt weapon fire. This way there is no change in playstyle for allies. It just becomes a really good (ok probably absurd and OP) CC.

Sure, the ability to set up a awesome looking snap of your fingers multi kill is great, really fits into his feeling of being a magician. But sometimes personal amusement should be sacrificed for reducing the groups frustration.

5 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

I think the easiest fix to Stasis would be to make it not halt weapon fire. This way there is no change in playstyle for allies. It just becomes a really good (ok probably absurd and OP) CC.

Sure, the ability to set up a awesome looking snap of your fingers multi kill is great, really fits into his feeling of being a magician. But sometimes personal amusement should be sacrificed for reducing the groups frustration.

Maybe if it stop Limbo's projectiles only? That way, the Limbo player can set up cool tricks on their own without bothering his teammates. (Teammates killing Limbo's prey would be a problem though...)

You know, this shows precisely what I've been saying in other Limbo threads.

A Limbo player can play without any ill intent and still screws up the fun for his teammates. Bottom line is that stasis should not block players from using their ranged weapons effectively.

The problem is with Limbo's design, not with Limbo players being trolls or incompetent.

1 hour ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

*cough cough* abilities can still hit rifted, stasis'd and so on, enemies 

And what am I going to do with a Blessing Trinity? Heal against the nonexistent damage with 1 and 4? Reflect the nonexistent damage with 3 or play a crippled EV? It's not fun to have a warframe on your team which blocks you from effectively using any guns. If I didn't bring a melee weapon or if it happens in a weapon-restricted mission, I'm pretty much completely locked out of doing anything useful.

If we had one that blocked two of your abilities from being used, you'd still have two more left, but it's still a severe cut in your fun.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Maybe if it stop Limbo's projectiles only? That way, the Limbo player can set up cool tricks on their own without bothering his teammates. (Teammates killing Limbo's prey would be a problem though...)

Its best to make it so that the ability is consistent.

Sure something like this is amusing: BB964520765B33DAB77DE48D142985EA11448F2E

Am I willing to give it up to make stasis more effective in a squad? Definitely.

What you can and cannot do in a public game is allways a hot discussion topic on this forum. It's been brought up time and time again.

Here's a general answer for anything regarding this.

No, you can't do whatever you want in a public game. Your actions have consequences.

Yes, people will get mad at you for doing certain things, and they might respond very inappropriately, but that doesn't mean theres anything wrong with that they got mad in the first place.

"Random A******s" doesn't exist. At least we have to assume so, because otherwise we can't have a sensible discussion regarding this topic.

It turns out that claiming people get mad for no reason whatsoever, never seem to hold up to scrutiny, even if it might appear otherwise.

If your teammates get mad at you, you allways hold some part of the responsibility, even if whatever you did was neither intentional, nor in itself wrong.

Example: There's nothing inherently wrong in going into a public defense mission as limbo, but...

If you do so I can't really prevent myself from judging you based on the action you've chosen to take. Afterall, it's one of very few pieces of information I know about you.

It doesn't give me the right to say anything to you, or even have a problem with you, but I will take note that you didn't try as hard to be useful as the frost or the speed nova also present in the squad.

What I'm essentially trying to say is, be mindful of your actions. That's all you can do.

I've played this game for 2k hours and I can't remember anyone ever yelling at me in a public game. And no, it's not because I do the yelling.

Instead of discussing whether it should or should not be your problem that people seem to be angry with you, just realize that you are the only one who can fix the problem.

I liked playing with limbo's when his powers were pretty straightforward to understand. Enemies in rift I can damage, enemies outside of bubble i can't. Now I'm totally confused at to when I can or can't hurt enemies and it's annoying. 

It's always.."am I lagging or can I just not hurt this enemy I've been shooting at for the last 10 seconds?"

8 minutes ago, Senguash said:

What you can and cannot do in a public game is allways a hot discussion topic on this forum. It's been brought up time and time again.

Here's a general answer for anything regarding this.

No, you can't do whatever you want in a public game. Your actions have consequences.

Yes, people will get mad at you for doing certain things, and they might respond very inappropriately, but that doesn't mean theres anything wrong with that they got mad in the first place.

"Random A******s" doesn't exist. At least we have to assume so, because otherwise we can't have a sensible discussion regarding this topic.

It turns out that claiming people get mad for no reason whatsoever, never seem to hold up to scrutiny, even if it might appear otherwise.

If your teammates get mad at you, you allways hold some part of the responsibility, even if whatever you did was neither intentional, nor in itself wrong.

Example: There's nothing inherently wrong in going into a public defense mission as limbo, but...

If you do so I can't really prevent myself from judging you based on the action you've chosen to take. Afterall, it's one of very few pieces of information I know about you.

It doesn't give me the right to say anything to you, or even have a problem with you, but I will take note that you didn't try as hard to be useful as the frost or the speed nova also present in the squad.

What I'm essentially trying to say is, be mindful of your actions. That's all you can do.

I've played this game for 2k hours and I can't remember anyone ever yelling at me in a public game. And no, it's not because I do the yelling.

Instead of discussing whether it should or should not be your problem that people seem to be angry with you, just realize that you are the only one who can fix the problem.

That's so well articulated that it almost sounds reasonable, but pub games as in any game are for anything goes kind of gameplay, if you want a specific setup you form a squad. You can compare this to games with competitive matchmaking where normal and ranked play are separated and consider recruitment to be the "ranked" of warframe.

Somehow they made Limbo even more annoying to play with and yet less effective at his old niche roles.  The problem with Limbo is that he dictates the pace of combat for the rest of the squad, either by Cataclysming everything to death instantly or using it to limit ranged combat or by slowing everyone down with stasis.  It makes the game less fun for other players to a degree that greatly exceeds whatever complaints players used to have about simulor or explosive spam.

People still needs to learn basic Limbo gameplay, and also simply understand what is a freaking time stop...

If I stop the time, I don't prevent you from killing targets, I just delay it, so instead of blasting 550 ammo like a tardis Clem clone, just fire the same amount as usual, and go from one enemy to another.

Also, most of the time people want to kill when it's not needed. It's almost impossible to keep stasis active on a mobile def, since most people are just doing random sht ingame. Limbo's rework is awesome, and it's actually a good move by DE... First time for some players, but they'll need to use their brain. (Both Limbo players and mates)

Limbo wannabes still need to understand when 2 is need, and how to use 3 tho.

Edited by Xgomme

55 minutes ago, Senguash said:

So:

Problem: people hate limbo because of stasis stigma

I'm the only one who can solve it (?) 

Solution that I can do : stop playing limbo (lol like that's ever gonna happen) 

55 minutes ago, Senguash said:

So yore saying he can't be equally as useful? 

I'll just wade through the salt and keep this 1000+% extra damage to my self 

Edited by (PS4)varas2110
Wade*

I feel ya.

Most people have told me that it's because they can't hack while on the rift. I just facepalmed. The problem is that they don't understand how Limbo works and the second the Tigris prime with a build copied from a youtube video doesn't vaporize the enemy they jump onto the Limbo immediately, even if I was 2 tilesets away. The rift does change your gameplay but it's easy to go along/go back to normal. I try to  just go along or explain to them how the rift works and hat not every Limbo goes around spamming cataclysm with stasis on. So blame the trolls and people that didn't spend 5 minutes to look up how the rift works.

"But why should I learn how another warframe works if I play X? I just wanna shot things"

-Well you already do that, it's just that Limbo is noticeable more complex. For example, Frost's ice globe prevents you from shooting inside, you just go inside the globe or shoot someone outside.

(PS: I'd remove the video, kinda goes against the guidelines)

Edited by Jeoxz

Just don't bother with Limbo public, not even just stasis, 3 of his abilities disrupt the whole team its just annoying.

Why can't I kill this enemy? Oh its because he's banished for some reason, now I either have to wait till Limbo graces over and kills him, or delay the mission because limbo forgot one banished target, which necessarily Limbo's fault, but it is still annoying when it happens.

same for cataclysm, I myself am a gun person, I use my weapons 80% of the time and I barely use abilities, in a defense mission Limbo will have his cata most of the time, which is fine, but once you clear the enemies in cataclysm it starts getting annoying because you have to keep running out of cataclysm to reach the enemies who say behind, and if an enemy steps into cataclysm and you are far away from him, you cant just shoot him, you have to run back to cataclysm's range and kill him. it takes like 10 seconds to kill an enemy that I could've killed in 2. and while 10 seconds seem insignificant, it starts adding up the more enemies spawn, and the mission ends up taking an extra 10 minutes for no reason, again its not the players fault but just how limbo is designed.

Not to mention Stasis, that just eliminates all my Gunplay and forces me to use my Melee, and if im running without a melee nor a damage frame, I will be just running around aimlessly, hoping that Limbo will take down his 50 second stasis.

Limbo was designed to fail in pub, the frame was redesigned to be as annoying as it can be, you were annoyed at limbo banishing you? well QQ more because now he can make sure that the mission lasts as long and as tedious as possible. while some limbo's definitely don't mean to case any inconvenience, they just end up doing it by accident because thats how Limbo was designed.

While I don't blame any limbo player for getting the hate he/she is getting, I believe they should keep Limbo outside of pub for the sake of their enjoyment and the enjoyment of others.

4 hours ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

For some gosh darn reason no matter what, I join a game and all I get is a collective groan from at least 1 or 2 people who then become pretty salty towards me, I mean I usually can never use stasis without a quick "F U" (take this as a side note)  and having them turn into keyboard warriors against me 

Why tho? 

(Hey)

I wish that Limbo could be less annoying. The fact that you can't hack if you get put into the rift or pick up items (save Cataclysm) is already annoying. Stopping enemies is fun, I love that.

I do agree that its bad to label someone a troll simply for using Limbo. I have a friend who mains limbo, for as long as he got him, I believe. He encounters plenty of salt for that. Recently, he mentioned getting called useless despite the fact that he got the least damage, most accuracy, most kills, most headshots, etc. he obviously contibuted a lot to the team, but the players didn't seem to get that. 

When i play Limbo, I don't encounter those salty insults. Probably because as soon as someone complains about it, I try to stop spamming cataclysm. Stasis, I will use at my disgression, but I won't keep opening and closing cataclysm, I know how annoying that is. (Cataclysm spam for he week after the buff). 

Limbo is really fun. Makes you feel super powerful to be able to halt everything that stands against you in the middle of combat. He is much more playable and fun enough for any clunkyness to be forgiven. And then Rift Torrent is absurdly powerful too.