The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Argon crystals have a better drop chance?

Sniper2458

Argon Crystals are used to build many things, from weapons, to warframes. And when we don't need them they're everywhere so when we need them we think "Good thing i got 9 from that Venus mission!" just to end up realizing after like a day they break or grow legs and run off.

So i need some Argon Crystals for a few different things i want to build and I've done so many missions in the void and still come up empty handed. I mean one mission i got two Ayatan stars, and there was 159 enemies to be killed which i killed all of them, AND i found two secret parkour rooms. All in the same mission, yet came up with 0 crystals. And yes i break every single crate, and open every locker, and find every secret room. Trust me i'm that guy that gets all the loot.

So i just think maybe they should have a little better drop chance, i mean 5 long exterminate missions in the void and i come up empty handed needing around 10 crystals in total, that's beyond stupid. And if they were only used to make less items than they currently are used to make, it would make sense for their stupidly low drop chance, but they're used in many, many things.

I practically have a better chance of finding an Ayatan Trophy!!

Listen, i'm not suggesting a huge change in their drop chance. Just raising it's drop chance by a little, i mean i can't stand trying to get a resource that's harder to get than a damn nitain extract. I mean i go through a whole Orokin mission getting every loot possible and end up with 0 crystals, and it takes me about 20 minutes each time. Stupid, just stupid. 

Note: I've done about 6 void Exterminate missions opening everything, killing everything and 0 crystals.

I actually run the sabotage missions. They work fairly well for me. I also open every locker, every crate, look for the resource drops, and get all 3 cashes. i dont really focus on the enemies too much unless im leveling. I usually find a few every mission

Their drop rate is ok, you don't even need too many of them for one particular item. Go in the T1 exterminate and go destroy every crate and resource crate you find, try to go in secret rooms as well. You can easily net 1-3 per run this way, enough to build a weapon. 

21 minutes ago, Sniper2458 said:

Should Argon crystals have a better drop chance?

As someone with absolutely no Argon currently in my inventory, nope.

Argon is pretty much the only reason to do void anymore, don't rob it of this. Let it have at least some dignity.

Edit: Also, OP. Don't do exterminates for Argon, do a survival or capture. That way you can keep murdering things while you break boxes. ;)

Edited by Silvus-Sol

all Rare Resources got much, much more common as it is, via Resource Pots.
so these days if you're looking for Rare Resources, smashing all of the Pots in a non Endless Mission is objectively the fastest way to acquire them. maybe Neurodes excluded simply because of some of the special ways to get them such as Sentients.

so you've already got the right idea, in playing a non Endless Mission. if in a few Missions you don't see much, you're still accruing them way faster than an Endless Mission. Sabotage may be better for getting Argon once in a while from the Caches as well.

Edited by taiiat

i dont think  argons need an increase 

because most items that require argons require 2-3  argon crystals  so they are meant to be somewhat rare 

and as previously mentioned exterminates are the worst you could do to farm argon

32 minutes ago, Phatose said:

They're already considerably more common then they originally were, due to pegmatites.

I actually found one of those for the first time last night--on Earth! No lie. I'm not sure if it was a bug/glitch...but certainly was unexpected.

OP: As mentioned before, try a Void Survival/Defense. I seem to have better luck getting Argon crystals in those missions.

5 minutes ago, Sniper2458 said:

Glad you all can get them easily, because my luck is just trash.

well, its really not hard, just time consuming and patience. My best advice to you is try to level some things at the same time or multitask. For example, a rare stance mod drops from the void sabotage caches called bullet-dance. Try to have multiple goals and it makes things a little easier.

I can assure you the drop rate of argon crystals are the least of your worries compared to some of the rest of the game. RNG can be cruel. It took me 1100 hours to get hate, and the stalker has a drop ship piece ive been waiting for that has yet to drop for me and im at 3000 hours now.

1 minute ago, Faulcun said:

well, its really not hard, just time consuming and patience. My best advice to you is try to level some things at the same time or multitask. For example, a rare stance mod drops from the void sabotage caches called bullet-dance. Try to have multiple goals and it makes things a little easier.

I can assure you the drop rate of argon crystals are the least of your worries compared to some of the rest of the game. RNG can be cruel. It took me 1100 hours to get hate, and the stalker has a drop ship piece ive been waiting for that has yet to drop for me and im at 3000 hours now.

Yeah i guess, i want Ivara but i can only imagine how long it will take to get her. Octavia is easy so easy to get compared to Ivara and it took me 11, 20 minute survival runs.

5kn2GXG.png

This is from couple days ago. 
Argon crystal can be very easily found in Axi void missions. The spawn rates are ridiculously good in axi, even with exterminate alone i got pretty much a guaranteed Argon drop just from bull rushing the mission. 

EDIT: I simply spammed Axi exterminate for like 30 or 40 minutes straight. Got double resource booster, so it's kinda cheating but still half the amount of what i got is still more than you need. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

ivara....works really well, just go straight to 3 (built with duration/efficiency in mind) then aimlessly walk round while melee killing enemies after you've stolen their loot.  I did this while trying to get coolant leak and came out with a good handful... having said that I very rarely come away with none just from doing the lowest level exterminate...

3 hours ago, Husla said:

You don't search nor farm for Argon Crystals. They find you. -Warframe Lore since JuanZeroJuan BC

Lol! That is so true! When I try to farm argon crystals, they seem kind of rare to get, but when I am not farming for them, I get a stack of 5 or more in one run, though there are times when I am trying to farm them, I get at least 2 or 3 that run.