The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nidus Prime will NEVER be a thing

We all love primes. Trinity Prime, Frost Prime, Valkyr Prime and SO much more! However people are more wanting of Nidus to be a prime frame, however I will explain why that will NOT happen.

The reason why is: It wont make sense in the lore.

Think about it, Nidus was acquired from Ergo Glast after The Glast Gambit quest when he gives us a Myconian artifact which was used to understand the Infested better.

Lets rephrase that. Nidus was made after the events of The Glast Gambit meaning he didnt exist when the Orokin were still around. Also the artifact was Myconian NOT Orokin meaning they couldn't have made nidus before the collapse.

But I'm gonna throw the towel in here. I just KNOW there's gonna be someone who will counter this claim.

(Also as a heads up I DON'T have a distain for Nidus I personally Love the frame. Its just that I'm loyal to the games lore and I don't wanna see it being a jumbled mess. So please don't say I'm hating on Nidus.)

Edited by (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng
Grammar >~<

In the Glast Gambit, after Anyo cheats in a round of the Index, getting all of Glast's holdings, he asks what he still has to wager. Glast mentions an Orokin artifact, which we can only assume is the Nidus blueprint. Nidus is eligible for a prime still, but I would be more interested in how they will make him work visually. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Think about it, Nidus was acquired from Ergo Glast after The Glast Gambit quest when he gives us a Myconian artifact which was used to understand the Infested better.

Lets rephrase that. Nidus was made after the events of The Glast Gambit meaning he didnt exist when the Orokin were still around. Also the artifact was Myconian NOT Orokin meaning they couldn't have made nidus before the collapse.

You assume all those things.
Maybe this Myconian-thing was made from a blueprint the Orokin left? Maybe there was a Nidus when the Orokin were still around.
There is no problem here...

4 minutes ago, Imaru said:

In the Glast Gambit, after Anyo cheats in a round of the Index, getting all of Glast's holdings, he asks what he still has to wager. Glast mentions an Orokin artifact, which we can only assume is the Nidus blueprint. Nidus is eligible for a prime still, but I would be more interested in how they will make him work visually. 

If He DOES become a prime, hell most probably have a look similar to the infestation in the orokin derelict, Baige and neon blue

Edited by (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng
Why am I using a phone for this?

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

You assume all those things.
Maybe this Myconian-thing was made from a blueprint the Orokin left? Maybe there was a Nidus when the Orokin were still around.
There is no problem here...

Except the Orokin would never permit such an ugly thing to exist in their "perfect" view

Let's talk once Zephyr gets her turn. Because she was literally created by the Lotus after we got Oxium from the Corpus.

Will she get a Prime? Wouldn't make sense lore-wise... she could be the first official Umbra, we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Except the Orokin would never permit such an ugly thing to exist in their "perfect" view

Unless he looked more to their taste and wasn't functioning in areas they frequent. Nidus Prime would not be near the Orokin, he'd exist, but be decently distant.

Like Oberon Prime, they don't HAVE to be in proximity of the Orokin, they just have to be doing their job while working with their tacky fashion.

I agree with the OP, just hope DE doesn't pull a DE. A Mutalist Nidus would be cool tho, maybe as an evolution because Nidus has been exposed to the ancient strains of Infestation aboard Derelicts, as well as adapting to life in the system. I mean, aside from some visual changes and the death orb passive/ stat bumps, Prime frames are the originals the Orokin had made. I for one can skip the gold Prime parts as long as he gets boosted stats and stuff. Because to me Nidus is more of a failed Warframe than anything, with the Infestation having grown out more than it should have.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

But Oberon WAS perfect for the Orokin. He had the ability to give life and purge corruption.

And Nidus was perfect for them aswell, because they could further study the Infested.
It's just an assumption the Orokin would not have liked Nidus. (If we can even call it liking)

First thing first - we dont even know who is Helminth and what is his connection to Orokin era, Margulis or Ballas. Maybe there is some deep mystery which allow work Infested strain Nidus kind with Orokin tech, because in every warframe is infested strain, but on Nidus is alot more

These plot holes allow DE to justify Prime version

Edited by Myscho

1 minute ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I agree with the OP, just hope DE doesn't pull a DE. A Mutalist Nidus would be cool tho, maybe as an evolution because Nidus has been exposed to the ancient strains of Infestation aboard Derelicts, as well as adapting to life in the system. I mean, aside from some visual changes and the death orb passive/ stat bumps, Prime frames are the originals the Orokin had made.

I wonder if their passive would differ between type, so that Prime/Umbra/Mutalist/Vanda/whatever name they give future frames each have their own flavor... maybe once they have several types of the same base frame (Excalibur Prime/Umbra, etc)

First, Nidus Prime won't happen for next... three years? Four?

Second, Anyo says something along the lines of "old war artifact". Every single Warframe was made by Orokin, Nidus is no exception.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Tell that Oberon Prime. XD

Dunno, looking good.

10 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

Let's talk once Zephyr gets her turn. Because she was literally created by the Lotus after we got Oxium from the Corpus.

Will she get a Prime? Wouldn't make sense lore-wise... she could be the first official Umbra, we'll have to wait and see.

'Oxium is a rare lighter than air alloy of Orokin origin'

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Tell that Oberon Prime. XD

You must be high as hell, goat daddy prime looks great~

3 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

When DE adds something into the game, generally you have to assume it's been in-universe all along, unless stated otherwise.