Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nidus Prime will NEVER be a thing

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The Tenno have created several Primes well before

Tell me more. When did a Tenno make his own Prime, without any information from the Orokin? As far as we know, every Prime we have was made by the Orokin. To put it simple: Prime = Orokin (Just like Wraith = Grineer)

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Why are people consistently saying DE doesn't care about lore when absolutely nothing at all about any previous frame's existence (Primes) has contradicted lore? People in this thread alone have effectively nuked that toothpick crutch from orbit and still people use it...

It's more about the overall fact that lore is choppy and inconsistent, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to break it completely if it suits them.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Tell me more. When did a Tenno make his own Prime, without any information from the Orokin? As far as we know, every Prime we have was made by the Orokin. To put it simple: Prime = Orokin (Just like Wraith = Grineer)

Dakra Prime's description:

The Dakra Prime is a Tenno forged weapon, crafted during the Time of the Orokin. It is renowned for speed, power and the ability to hit multiple targets.

Boar Prime's description:

One of the finest examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the Boar Prime offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in per-shot damage.

You already know about Nova

Immediately after the events of the Outer Terminus we were still in the time "of the Orokin" as it were, we did not immediately go into stasis when we killed the command there. We hunted down others. During that time could possibly be when those Primes were made under the guidance of a Tenno Council. Its when it makes the most sense for a council run by Tenno would have been put into place as while under the servitude of the Orokin they would not have had any voice among them. It may have possibly been a thing made in the final stretch of the Old War perhaps, when the Tenno were pushing the Sentients back, but that would require DE to elaborate on that particular time more for us to speculate with confidence.

52 minutes ago, Redthirst said:

It's more about the overall fact that lore is choppy and inconsistent, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to break it completely if it suits them.

The only place I have ever seen lore actually be inconsistent is with Ember Prime's Codex and the dialog of the Second Dream, specifically Lotus's at the end after the fight with the Stalker in the Orbiter. Thats the only place a clear contradiction has cropped up. If you have anywhere else you feel that it is contradicting I would very much like to hear it, to either inform myself of it or to see if I know the explanation.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

20 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

I don't think you quite understood what I was saying.  It was late at night when I typed it so I probably wasn't clear enough.

The plants in the towers and part of what the frames are made out of are the original non self replicating strain.  Someone on the Orokin side had the BRILLIANT  idea to tweak it into a self replicating bio weapon controlled by the Nidus frame.  During the self replication some of it mutated in a way that let it break free of their control and became what we know as the normal infested.

Considering the Infestation is supposed to be nanomachines of some sort, what's to say they weren't already self replicating? I mean, that was the Orokin's biggest downfall, their own technology becoming more than just machines, just look at the Sentients. Could also be the Archimedians fault honestly, because if they were the pre-Corpus, they were probably responsible for the Orokin being as powerful as they were.

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Ah lore....same exact reason why valkyr prime will never be a thi-

"looks at profile picture"

oh, wait.

I really don't understand why no one gets Valkyr Prime. She wasn't made by the Corpus, just tortured and skinned alive by Salad V before we kicked his *@##$ &#! all over Jupiter. Valkyr Prime was the one angry kitty the Orokin made. After the fall of the Orokin and sometime after the Tenno were put to sleep, all Prime technology that was around was lost or destroyed or stolen by the Grineer or Corpus. When the Tenno woke up again, they had to make new Warframes with the resources they had from blueprints they had. Canonically, the Valkyr deluxe skin is how she is supposed to look when made by the Tenno. The blueprint we get from Salad is just his own research after he pulled her skin off, thus why she looks like that. The Tenno can make Valkyr Prime again because they found her blueprints lying around again.

And the reason why the deluxe skin is not her default look is because if DE made her "Corpus Torture" look her deluxe skin, people would have a S#&$ fit and riot.

50 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I really don't understand why no one gets Valkyr Prime. She wasn't made by the Corpus, just tortured and skinned alive by Salad V before we kicked his *@##$ &#! all over Jupiter. Valkyr Prime was the one angry kitty the Orokin made. After the fall of the Orokin and sometime after the Tenno were put to sleep, all Prime technology that was around was lost or destroyed or stolen by the Grineer or Corpus. When the Tenno woke up again, they had to make new Warframes with the resources they had from blueprints they had. Canonically, the Valkyr deluxe skin is how she is supposed to look when made by the Tenno. The blueprint we get from Salad is just his own research after he pulled her skin off, thus why she looks like that. The Tenno can make Valkyr Prime again because they found her blueprints lying around again.

And the reason why the deluxe skin is not her default look is because if DE made her "Corpus Torture" look her deluxe skin, people would have a S#&$ fit and riot.

I'm aware of her origins, i was being coy

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Ah lore....same exact reason why valkyr prime will never be a thi-

"looks at profile picture"

oh, wait.

Thinking about this just made me realise that snipetron should be reintroduced into the game. If nova and valkyr prime doesnt break the lore than the ballistic corpus gun is fine.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Thinking about this just made me realise that snipetron should be reintroduced into the game. If nova and valkyr prime doesnt break the lore than the ballistic corpus gun is fine.

I was being coy, valkyr was never a corpus creation.....her prime is very much viable 

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

I was being coy, valkyr was never a corpus creation.....her prime is very much viable 

From what i know valkyr was created from gersemi who was tortured and skinned by alad v. No data shows that valkyr prime would have the same skills as valkyr because those are from gersemi's madness.

They have stated that valkyrs abilities are from her torture and the possibility that she had different skills in prime form, so the current valkyr prime is pretty much lore breaking.

On ‎08‎-‎06‎-‎2017 at 5:25 PM, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Think about it, Nidus was acquired from Ergo Glast after The Glast Gambit quest when he gives us a Myconian artifact which was used to understand the Infested better.

Lets rephrase that. Nidus was made after the events of The Glast Gambit meaning he didnt exist when the Orokin were still around. Also the artifact was Myconian NOT Orokin meaning they couldn't have made nidus before the collapse.

Correction, The relic was a Old War relic which means the blueprint dated back to the war in which we duked it out with the Sentients. Your argument is null OP.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

From what i know valkyr was created from gersemi who was tortured and skinned by alad v. No data shows that valkyr prime would have the same skills as valkyr because those are from gersemi's madness.

They have stated that valkyrs abilities are from her torture and the possibility that she had different skills in prime form, so the current valkyr prime is pretty much lore breaking.

I'm talking about valkyr prime existing period, not her powers

On 8.6.2017 at 5:25 PM, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

We all love primes. Trinity Prime, Frost Prime, Valkyr Prime and SO much more! However people are more wanting of Nidus to be a prime frame, however I will explain why that will NOT happen.

The reason why is: It wont make sense in the lore.

Think about it, Nidus was acquired from Ergo Glast after The Glast Gambit quest when he gives us a Myconian artifact which was used to understand the Infested better.

Lets rephrase that. Nidus was made after the events of The Glast Gambit meaning he didnt exist when the Orokin were still around. Also the artifact was Myconian NOT Orokin meaning they couldn't have made nidus before the collapse.

But I'm gonna throw the towel in here. I just KNOW there's gonna be someone who will counter this claim.

(Also as a heads up I DON'T have a distain for Nidus I personally Love the frame. Its just that I'm loyal to the games lore and I don't wanna see it being a jumbled mess. So please don't say I'm hating on Nidus.)

Players also said that Valkyr Prime won't be a thing. Hmm yeah..

Don't forget to to make a thread about "Why Nidus Prime doesn't make sense lorewise" when you are still playing Warframe when DE releases Nidus Prime.

Spoiler

Cause that is what others did when Valkyr Prime was released.

11 hours ago, BetaNoire said:

-snip because I don't support D-

That's probably the worst person to listen to fyi, the person that won't be named is an elitist and whiner, just take a look over at any page over on the wiki. DE is not good at making lore because they want to be vague about it instead of just telling us all straight what's going on. Letting or making your playerbase fill in the gaps means your established lore isn't good.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, WhiteMarker said:

(Just like Wraith = Grineer)

now your stepping into other lore...Wraith does NOT = grineer.... between tenno weapons having wraith versions...and even getting a wraith weapon from an ex-corpus/infested...

If anything Wraith is modified weapons from Red Viel. I believe implied/theorycrafted (which everone it is) lore wise Red Viel get there weapons from Steel meridian. Hence why most of them are grineer weapons.  (also remember wraith and red viel use simular patterns AND the original Rakta Syndana is the same exact design as the wraith gear.

and before we get to it Vandel =/= Corpus...Vandel weapons are specially modified by the lotus (hell it even has the lotus mark ON the weapons)

15 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Instead of prime.. should be an "Evolved" Nidus. Could do infested weapons similarly.

hmm Evolved...that is a better title than I have...now im tempted to edit my "lore friendly prime equivalent" with that.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:54 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

If you think Nova and valkyr prime even remotely break lore then I question what about lore you have been told. Snipetron on the other hand doesn't match any of the corpus style weaponry. On that note however I disagree with how DE handled it, no idea why they didn't just change the projectile and description...

• 2 months later...