Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Archwing gun?

SkyWorm1

Question

I'm currently working on getting a proper Archwing setup that is good for general star chart missions, Fomorian event missions and for the JV raid later on. I'm conflicted about what to use as a main weapon. In the assumption that I only want to spend a potato and forma on 1 archwing gun, which would you recommend?

I'd like to use the Fluctus but I heard it has hitbox detection issues on JV.

Second choice would be the Grattler but I tend to blow myself up a lot with explosive weapons :-/

21 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, SkyWorm1 said:

I'm currently working on getting a proper Archwing setup that is good for general star chart missions, Fomorian event missions and for the JV raid later on. I'm conflicted about what to use as a main weapon. In the assumption that I only want to spend a potato and forma on 1 archwing gun, which would you recommend?

Second choice would be the Grattler but I tend to blow myself up a lot with explosive weapons :-/

I have the Grattler.  Fun, powerful, but limited range and ammo/reload.  

I have the Fluctus.  This is probably your best bet IMHO.  It is  Excaliber's EB in AW mode.

I don't run JV, so keep asking on that one...

Before the Grattler everyone used the velocitus and most still do. The velocitus is imo the best archwing gun + odonata you'll be doing upwards of 70k+ damage granted you do need to level the mods high enough. I believe I only have 1 forma and when my friends and I are doing JV with 4x CP I've hit 300k+ 

ps. I think Fluctus on JV has been fixed 

19 minutes ago, SkyWorm1 said:

And just yesterday...

Fixed the Fluctus not doing any damage to turrets or buttons in the Jordas Verdict.

Try using Dual Decurions. they have quite high crit chance, they are hitscan, recoil can be bad tho. Also no damage falloff, so you can shoot at all ranges.

Also, don't be so scared of Grattler, it's awesome gun, which can penetrate enemies very quickly even in JV. Just try not to let them VERY close to you or rip :P

Edited by GoHardLikeNiksyn

54 minutes ago, GoHardLikeNiksyn said:

Try using Dual Decurions. they have quite high crit chance, they are hitscan, recoil can be bad tho. Also no damage falloff, so you can shoot at all ranges.

Also, don't be so scared of Grattler, it's awesome gun, which can penetrate enemies very quickly even in JV. Just try not to let them VERY close to you or rip :P

Grattler and Dual Decurion are both very disappointing. Their stats look good on paper, but in reality they are very clunky and ineffective beyond short range. Even the default Imperator is better overall.

Fluctus is amazing.  Imperator Vandal is my #2.  Grattler is good for farming Atlas parts, but that's about it.  As with all weapons, they're going to suck unless you invest a catalyst and a few forma.  You'll also want to take the time to farm mods.  There's so few, that it's pretty obvious what to equip and what not to equip.  The only decision you need to make is what type of elemental damage combination you want.

If you're looking for a melee weapon as well, I really like the Centaur.  Same thing though, take the time to farm the mods and forma it a few times.  It'll be worth it.

Edited by (XB1)Dyalar

Ill second Centaur for melee. Fast, smooth, good all around stats.

I have 2 "main" arch guns for different things, Velocitus for Fomorian and Atlas farm, have not done any raids, and Imperator Vandal for all else where massive and potentially long range damage is less important than killing many trash mobs.

Velocitus is the best weapon for a mid-long range. Projectile with a charge mechanics. Best gun vs Golem.

Fluctus is the best weapon for low-mid range. It something between Excalibur EB and Ignis - it shoots horizontal lines with a huge punch-through. Semi-auto, projectile. Best gun vs hordes, probably the best gun overall.

Imperator(Vandal) is a nice general purpose gun, full-auto, hit-scan, has damage fall-off.

Decurion and Phaedra are like Imperator but with accuracy/recoil issues, Cyngas is burst fire weapon it is good against bosses and distant target but feels clunky against trash. Grattler is a worse version of the Fluctus. It shoots projectiles with proximity detonators. Ineffective at range, dangerous to the user up-close.

7 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Grattler and Dual Decurion are both very disappointing. Their stats look good on paper, but in reality they are very clunky and ineffective beyond short range. Even the default Imperator is better overall.

Trust me, I played with both, it didn't seemed bad to me :p