Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate for Limbo

o0verlord0o

Hi,

I read all the posts saying that Limbo is a stupid frame to use and i just dont get the hate for him

In my opinion i love it when i get him in my team playing excavation/def/rescue. I know many people say he is a stupid frame because he then stands around doing nothing and wanting others to do work while he is "helping" but its the player not the frame, if another frame does the same no one bats an eye. I know there is a troll factor in this frame but you can easily escape the rift by pressing one button. When i play Limbo and people say oh god another Limbo while playing excavation and then start insulting me and then proceed to let the excavator get destroyed than using their meele weapon in my cataclyst with stasis. I mean if they say "dont use cata" and i dont they start getting angry we couldnt def. 

I think he is still 10 times better to have him in my team than a Titania who flies off and is afk.

Pls write me what you think of this i am not trying to bash Limbo haters i just want to understand the hate torwards him.

EDIT: So since people say if you got a good Limbo its ok but what is a good Limbo like. Iplay min range and long dura so i just cover the target but i still get bashed at so also comment what a good "good" is like

Edited by o0verlord0o

his abilities just don't do well outside the mentioned missions, for example played with a limbo in survival and I actually had to get away from him to enjoy playing the game because I would randomly be thrown into the rift because of his 1 being an AOE now or I would try to fight the enemy and half of them are in the rift and half of them are not making it bloody difficult to hit the ones who are actually hitting me., I'd say they have made limbo even more annoying to play with and as, you can't event try and pick off high priority targets anymore because your 1 is now an AOE so that aspect of gameplay is gone.

8 minutes ago, o0verlord0o said:

i just want to understand the hate torwards him.

You answered yourself:

its the player not the frame

There are a lot of people that don't know how or don't want to play Limbo in a way that helps the team. I love using him in Rush-style missions but other then that I don't see many uses for him

Edited by Prime

I know there is a troll factor in this frame but you can easily escape the rift by pressing one button. When i play Limbo and people say oh god another Limbo while playing excavation and then start insulting me and then proceed to let the excavator get destroyed than using their meele weapon in my cataclyst with stasis. I mean if they say "dont use cata" and i dont they start getting angry we couldnt def. 

Of course people don't like when you are forcing them to use something that they do not want to use  or are not good/comfortable enough to use. The problem with Limbo is that he is really anti-team in anything but good hands, basically pretty much anything that he does is more meant for him alone rather than the team. 

People are so angry at him because most likely , besides bandawagooners ofc, they had bad experiences with Troll Limbos , and it's unfuriating when one is in your team. 

Edited by aligatorno

The smart player % who use Limbo properly is around like 10% or less. The other 90% don't understand how to use him. And man being stuck in the void when you're not Limbo is pretty much the most annoying thing in the game. The hate is real unfortunately. Before his rework I never saw him used outside of defense with the dude you had to protect. Limbo could easily send him and himself to the void and the rest of the team could focus on killing and not have to worry about the dude going down (after rework controlling who goes into void is absolute mess). And they could get infinite revives basically since Limbo was more or less invincible. After rework it's been a cluster and I just don't bother with him anymore. If I get into a mission with someone else playing him I leave immediately because I know my fun factor is about to drop to 0. Limbo is dead to me really. They need to simplify him drastically. But I'm sure that like 100 players will say his rework is amazing and don't touch him blah blah blah but man his ability to troll is way too high. He is the worst offender of ruining everyone else's good time.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

The problem with Limbo is that he dictates the pace of gameplay for the entire team.  He alone decides when you can and can't kill things.  Using Limbo in a public game is rightly considered rude.

but that's a problem with how you use limbo, smart use of your passive, cataclysm and stasis can make you a great asset to a team in survival, however if you just blindy spam your abilities then you're not, same could be said for plenty of AOE frames

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

The smart player % who use Limbo properly is around like 10% or less. The other 90% don't understand how to use him. And man being stuck in the void when you're not Limbo is pretty much the most annoying thing in the game. The hate is real unfortunately. Before his rework I never saw him used outside of defense with the dude you had to protect. Limbo could easily send him and himself to the void and the rest of the team could focus on killing and not have to worry about the dude going down (after rework controlling who goes into void is absolute mess). And they could get infinite revives basically since Limbo was more or less invincible. After rework it's been a cluster and I just don't bother with him anymore. If I get into a mission with someone else playing him I leave immediately because I know my fun factor is about to drop to 0. Limbo is dead to me really. They need to simplify him drastically. But I'm sure that like 100 players will say his rework is amazing and don't touch him blah blah blah but man his ability to troll is way too high. He is the worst offender of ruining everyone else's good time.

hear me out let's say u are in defense or survival u probaly brought frame that can kill stuff like banshee ember nova ect

rift does not affect abilities your wof and quakes and antimatter balls of (seriously what is that ball) are not affected wether dude is in or out of rift

so there what is the bloody problem c_c everyone has swords and if your enemy is frozen u are 100% safe to go cut him mobility cannot be the issue when we can jump 20 meters in any direction with press of a button

47 minutes ago, o0verlord0o said:

its the player not the frame

You said the answer yourself.

From what I remember if it is correct... the idea of stopping bullets in stasis came from a fellow player who among many others, suggested how rework should be. DE took his idea and he was very happy and even posted in the official rework thread that DE listened to his idea. I can't remember who that is but I think you can still find it in that thread if you want(or maybe he has edited it to escape being blamed). Maybe he is a JoJo fan but perhaps you can say he is the one responsible for more hate on limbo due to his idea being implemented.

All DE has to do now is to make stasis not stopping bullets etc and everything will be better... at least the hate will subside but DE chose not to do so. Well....

Edited by kyori

Limbo is great if you know how to mod and play him. He's my fav frame for kuva floods because I can just stay in the rift and be an invincible aggro magnet. I also love to deploy a min range cataclysm, launch my Zenistar disc into it from the rift and enjoy seeing enemies walk inside and get melted by procs. 

But damn is it confusing and messy to play with several Limbos on the team lol

I see myself as a good limbo player and a master of the art of the rift. and i agree. limbo is a very good frame but only if you know how he works and how his kit synergises
i once did a (public) sortie rescue and the moment it started they instantly called me a noob
when we got into the rescue room i was capable of placing the cataclysm in a way that there was a small place where i could hack savely
as a limbo who knows how to rift i carried those guys who did nothing but bash me and be an hindrance to me
i completed the mission but not because they were any help (sorry for ranting a little) 

the problem is not with limbo itself but with the players not understanding him (not nessecarilly the limbo player) and for this reason limbo is hated

45 minutes ago, cghawk said:

his abilities just don't do well outside the mentioned missions, for example played with a limbo in survival and I actually had to get away from him to enjoy playing the game because I would randomly be thrown into the rift because of his 1 being an AOE now or I would try to fight the enemy and half of them are in the rift and half of them are not making it bloody difficult to hit the ones who are actually hitting me., I'd say they have made limbo even more annoying to play with and as, you can't event try and pick off high priority targets anymore because your 1 is now an AOE so that aspect of gameplay is gone.

Considering you can only hit things in the same plane as you what's the difficulty? If they can hit you then you can hit them. Period.

1 hour ago, o0verlord0o said:

I think he is still 10 times better to have him in my team than a Titania who flies off and is afk.

EX-QUSE ME?! Titania is extremely useful!

I always get the most kills with titania, and don't forget in closed spaces (where the 3rd skill works), she can lockdown an entire area, while her butterflies cc and annoy the hell out of the enemies. How is that not useful?

Unlike limbo, even in razorwing, titanias do get attacked, but only 50% of the hits do hit us, that's all. We take a bit longer to kill since we got our butterflies and evasion, but don't think a titania can just go into pixie form and stand afk the rest of the match. Even so, her butterflies do quite a good job alone.

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88 said:

Considering you can only hit things in the same plane as you what's the difficulty? If they can hit you then you can hit them. Period.

Problem is trying to find and hit who is in the rift in a crowd of enemies since last I checked bullets don't phase through the other enemies on the different plane.

Also stasis would randomly stop you from being able to shoot if the Limbo user uses that ability.

In general if you're using melee you're good, if not then he's usually annoying to have around to some degree unless maybe you're using Mesa or Nidus.

Edit: Ember too, but similar to Nidus you may have to forego trying to shoot things

Outside of them his abilities have too many inconsistencies with other frames.

Edited by Madway7

Just now, Madway7 said:

Problem is trying to find and hit who is in the rift in a crowd of enemies since last I checked bullets don't phase through the other enemies on the different plane.

Also stasis would randomly stop you from being able to shoot if the Limbo user uses that ability.

In general if you're using melee you're good, if not then he's usually annoying to have around to some degree unless maybe you're using Mesa or Nidus.

Outside of them his abilities have too many inconsistencies with other frames.

While a fair point it is also worth noting that 300 bullets drops stasis (caster be damned) and certain guns have a higher "stasis projectile rate" (for instance one zarr secondary shot says screw your stasis) He really is a boon to have on any power heavy frame as powers hit regardless of rift status while keeping you safe so they just get banished and go. A lot of people also seem not to know you can just roll out of banish if limbo is trolling that way (a de failsafe to limit trolling).

The issue is that while a good Limbo is immensely beneficial to a team, a bad Limbo is possibly the most actively detrimental thing that can happen, and it is far more difficult to be a good Limbo than bad.

That said, even a half-decent Limbo can act as a win-button for a bunch of mission types.  For most of them you can basically remove the existence of a fail state.

1 minute ago, Vox_Preliator said:

The issue is that while a good Limbo is immensely beneficial to a team, a bad Limbo is possibly the most actively detrimental thing that can happen, and it is far more difficult to be a good Limbo than bad.

That said, even a half-decent Limbo can act as a win-button for a bunch of mission types.  For most of them you can basically remove the existence of a fail state.

Thats what i mean i understand they hate for troll/bad Limbos but they instantly bash every Limbo they see even when they play with min range cata which is even smaller than a frost bubble

2 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

hear me out let's say u are in defense or survival u probaly brought frame that can kill stuff like banshee ember nova ect

rift does not affect abilities your wof and quakes and antimatter balls of (seriously what is that ball) are not affected wether dude is in or out of rift

so there what is the bloody problem c_c everyone has swords and if your enemy is frozen u are 100% safe to go cut him mobility cannot be the issue when we can jump 20 meters in any direction with press of a button

The problem is the 90% as I stated. When I get into a lobby with those 10% who understand how he works then everything is fine. The majority of the players in this game are ignorant. And it's not their fault. This game's learning curve is super high.

2 hours ago, o0verlord0o said:

In my opinion i love it when i get him in my team playing excavation/def/rescue.

When i play Limbo and people say oh god another Limbo while playing excavation and then start insulting me and then proceed to let the excavator get destroyed than using their meele weapon in my cataclyst with stasis. I mean if they say "dont use cata" and i dont they start getting angry we couldnt def. 

Your huge cataclysm with stasis basically ruined that session for your team by forcing unwanted restrictions.

On the other hand I've been asked to throw a person in a rift for heals (yes, I am running limbo with haven aug)

Limbo is not the easiest frame to interact with.

P.S. My most hated frame is speed spamming melee volt =)

38 minutes ago, Haxa6 said:

Your huge cataclysm with stasis basically ruined that session for your team by forcing unwanted restrictions.

On the other hand I've been asked to throw a person in a rift for heals (yes, I am running limbo with haven aug)

Limbo is not the easiest frame to interact with.

P.S. My most hated frame is speed spamming melee volt =)

I didnt even max range i minimized it so it just covered one excavator but thats not what i wanted to know i just dont get the hate

Edited by o0verlord0o

3 hours ago, o0verlord0o said:

than using their meele weapon in my cataclyst with stasis.

As I said - unwanted restrictions, ruining the flow of the match for the rest of the team.

- difficult to interact with because people don't know how he works or (even worse) limbo player doesn't know how to play.

- and the worst of all - troll player.

That's pretty much it, at least as I see this problem.

If they were raging over min range cataclysm, I would say you just ran into a bad pug, ignore those.