Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframe Beat What Destiny Has?

Shiru-Mirozaki

I think the whole Desinty is like Warframe is like comparing a orange and a grape fruit. They just have so little similarities we might as well ask people "Hey how will the sky compare to the ocean" simple because they are both blue?

Really now it has roots in so many titles long before and during warframe that the developers of desinty themselves stated just how many inspirations they took before the game was even released. One person.....one form and one strange addiction to compare the two. I'll just never understand why this became a thing when desinty could fairly and reasonably be compared to millions of other games new and old better.

Example A: Shocking this game just got a preview during E3 and is being compared to desinty for obvious reasons even more than what needs to be said, yet still going with warframe? Enjoy the trailer, I'm looking forward to this game. I'm hoping it's good.

PS: If it doesn't drill a hole into my pocket like desinty wanted to then I'll love it even more. Really disliked how desinty did that.

Edited by Monybags33

Can Warframe beat what the Warframe Rip-off has? Yeah, into the ground, about 20 ft. under.
Then they just plop some of Vauban's balls on top for good measure.

Seriously, People go ape-S#&$ about destiny yet half the S#&$ they've used in destiny, i saw in Warframe first. That's all Destiny is tbh, a Triple-A Warframe ripoff that costs money because Microsoft are a bunch of greedy asshats.
I'd rather play the Beta stage of Warframe than ever have to play Density or Density Too, Honestly.

Edited by JokerzPenguin

On 6/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, arch111 said:

Remember when Lotus said:

"Warning Tenno. A heavy unit is approaching."

That means nothing anymore, warframes are too powrful.

That's a good point actually.  I think it's one reason I've been talking about more mini bosses that can pump out more damage, take more damage, and have multiple attacks/defenses that can be telegraphed or overcome.  Units that break up the monotony, won't go down instantly, but aren't invincible in some way. 

8 hours ago, Monybags33 said:

I think the whole Desinty is like Warframe is like comparing a orange and a grape fruit. They just have so little similarities we might as well ask people "Hey how will the sky compare to the ocean" simple because they are both blue?

Really now it has roots in so many titles long before and during warframe that the developers of desinty themselves stated just how many inspirations they took before the game was even released. One person.....one form and one strange addiction to compare the two. I'll just never understand why this became a thing when desinty could fairly and reasonably be compared to millions of other games new and old better.

Example A: Shocking this game just got a preview during E3 and is being compared to desinty for obvious reasons even more than what needs to be said, yet still going with warframe? Enjoy the trailer, I'm looking forward to this game. I'm hoping it's good.

PS: If it doesn't drill a hole into my pocket like desinty wanted to then I'll love it even more. Really disliked how desinty did that.

It's EA, of course they're going to burn a hole in your pocket.

37 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

That's a good point actually.  I think it's one reason I've been talking about more mini bosses that can pump out more damage, take more damage, and have multiple attacks/defenses that can be telegraphed or overcome.  Units that break up the monotony, won't go down instantly, but aren't invincible in some way. 

Frankly I find it so weird that this is not in the game that it must be an oversight.

Everywhere from Doom to Gears of War to God of War to Darksiders, there are minibosses as a natural flow of the game.

I blame powercreep for it, but it can still be done, even if they may have to nullify the area a bit.

3 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Well, we are getting the new Corpus Spidercrab Drones and the Grineer Chemstrike Units, which seem as if they'll be dropped into the level via dropship and act somewhat like a Bursa or Manic, wherein they're quite powerful units that act somewhat as a miniboss at higher levels, so there's that.

The only problem I'd say with telegraphed attacks overall is that we actually have plenty of those in the game already, but most are already insanely powerful as time goes on in the mission. Essentially, they're not noticeable at lower levels, but at higher levels, oh boy, do you know them quite well. For instance, Toxin Eximus roars. The other problem is that Warframe is a massive mob shooter, if we have a bunch of miniboss enemies pop in at the same time with heavily-damaging, but telegraphed attacks, I don't think it'd work as well as other games due to the amount of enemies we can have on the screen at once. There really isn't a cap for certain types either, so we can be knocked down by constant Fire Eximus blasts, or beaten black and blue by two different types of Bursas.

Warframe can only be beaten by warframe. These games whom recently teased up are will own a different playerbase. Secondly all players in the world playing more than one game so cross playing is pretty much possible. I have 255 steam game, 5 uplay game, 9 origin game all blizz game and other minor or lesser known app games like in glyph, arc.

Warframe have a healthy playerbase not a great one but a stable one and it is a free to play game. There are flaws like other free to play games and destiny also as an AAA game have flaws despite the money invested into it. 

All game can be failed with almost no money and with huge budget too the success is really depend on minor things.

For example PoE is a good indie game and beat up Dio3 which is a AAA game but know the same that PoE, Torchlight, Titan quest, Sacred does. 

The real qestion is what if Warframe can have the same budget what destiny had gotten?

Another interesting topic could be if we players donate directly to DE like kickstart them to improve their budget and their game just almost like how Starcitizen got that tremendous amount of money and they still getting a lot.

If I would have a spare 100 million dollar maybe I would consider to invest into warframe for reason. - Better net code, servers - Improving the game engine and fixing bugs entirelly - making able to fully customize our characters and allow gender swapping - creating more maps and enabling for players to create mods, maps, items for warframe almost like how works in dota2. - Hiring plus 100 person to work on updates, fixes, creating new content. Maybe that 100 million is enough to do this.

Also vis a vis the Anthem trailer, I will bet you real platinum that the game will not be that smooth to play when it releases.   I mean, they're already doing the Mic trick thing where the multiplayer is far calmer, more polite, and more coordinated in the trailers and demos than it ever actually is with randoms in multiplayer games.   

Also it's EA, they make up the holy trinity of greedy bloodsucking western publishers with Activision and Ubi "Can't get Tetris right" Soft.   (For Eastern developers well Konami's pants and I will never forgive NCsoft for what they did to City of Heroes)  Just the Publisher alone makes me skeptical of the project not being the mother of all microtransaction and DLC platforms.   And the random weapon drops further decreases my confidence.  I like the warframe system where the blueprints for weapons are; with a few exceptions locked behind the Clan system and Prime/Vandal/Prisma/Wraith weapons; easy to acquire and even those can be gotten without too much fuss and the crafting materials are generally not too hard to acquire unless it's mutagen.   

Having to trust a slot machine to get weapons worth using with no control over the process like the blueprint system gives us?  No thank you.   With blueprints I can just get a blueprint for something I want and plan my missions to get the materials.  Randomized weapon drops have generally always been a hassle even in the days of single player CRPGs where you'd end up with piles upon piles of vendor trash while hunting for something worth using.   I'm sure the weapons economy in the settings for Diablo or The Elder Scrolls are just swimming with random junk found by the player character offloaded onto the market to make some extra change at the expense of some poor sod merchants who have to be stuck with the unenviable position of trying to sell twenty examples of "rusty dagger of +1 crappiness."  

I mean, I already am not particularly fond of the way prime part grind works due to the break with the blueprint system I like where I can just get a blueprint from the market and get the materials.   Can't imagine my onions would remain uncheesed while trying to pull the slot machine a dozen times in the hopes for something that I'm not going to sell off within moments of acquisition.

Edited by Mental_Omega

44 minutes ago, Mental_Omega said:

Also vis a vis the Anthem trailer, I will bet you real platinum that the game will not be that smooth to play when it releases.   I mean, they're already doing the Mic trick thing where the multiplayer is far calmer, more polite, and more coordinated in the trailers and demos than it ever actually is with randoms in multiplayer games.   

Also it's EA, they make up the holy trinity of greedy bloodsucking western publishers with Activision and Ubi "Can't get Tetris right" Soft.   (For Eastern developers well Konami's pants and I will never forgive NCsoft for what they did to City of Heroes)  Just the Publisher alone makes me skeptical of the project not being the mother of all microtransaction and DLC platforms.   And the random weapon drops further decreases my confidence.  I like the warframe system where the blueprints for weapons are; with a few exceptions locked behind the Clan system and Prime/Vandal/Prisma/Wraith weapons; easy to acquire and even those can be gotten without too much fuss and the crafting materials are generally not too hard to acquire unless it's mutagen.   

Having to trust a slot machine to get weapons worth using with no control over the process like the blueprint system gives us?  No thank you.   With blueprints I can just get a blueprint for something I want and plan my missions to get the materials.  Randomized weapon drops have generally always been a hassle even in the days of single player CRPGs where you'd end up with piles upon piles of vendor trash while hunting for something worth using.   I'm sure the weapons economy in the settings for Diablo or The Elder Scrolls are just swimming with random junk found by the player character offloaded onto the market to make some extra change at the expense of some poor sod merchants who have to be stuck with the unenviable position of trying to sell twenty examples of "rusty dagger of +1 crappiness."  

I mean, I already am not particularly fond of the way prime part grind works due to the break with the blueprint system I like where I can just get a blueprint from the market and get the materials.   Can't imagine my onions would remain uncheesed while trying to pull the slot machine a dozen times in the hopes for something that I'm not going to sell off within moments of acquisition.

I actually prefer randomized weapon drops instead of Warframes cheese it system where It makes end game short and puts you on the journey of repetitive content faster (which Warframe is pretty repetitive since most of its content involves you running the same missions constantly with different rewards due to alerts, syndicate, sorties etc), with randomized weapons it actually gives you more to do and makes end game more thrilling especially when you get a good drop and feel acomplishment for it, where as Warframes crafting things and getting mats is easy and honestly running fissures is boring af and just adds to that repetitive content of running the same missions over and over with just different rewards.

Also randomized weapon drops have never been always a hassle that is just your opinion (too lazy? I dunno) look at path of exile been live for years and still going strong, they release more content faster then Moses can watch a box of his many boxes from his dvd collection (if you know what i mean). I'm also guessing you haven't played Diablo 3 or Path of Exile before you mentioned Diablo, anything that is "junk" in Diablo 3 provides crafting mats which are Hella useful which could be used in Horadric Cube and/or you can reroll stats to make it not useless, selling junk items to a merchant never happens, and in PoE you can recraft any item you find if you choose to, reroll it or collect currency from selling it (as in useful currency you need for trading or crafting items) .

Edited by GrimSoulis

1 hour ago, GrimSoulis said:

I actually prefer randomized weapon drops instead of Warframes cheese it system where It makes end game short and puts you on the journey of repetitive content faster (which Warframe is pretty repetitive since most of its content involves you running the same missions constantly with different rewards due to alerts, syndicate, sorties etc), with randomized weapons it actually gives you more to do and makes end game more thrilling especially when you get a good drop and feel acomplishment for it, where as Warframes crafting things and getting mats is easy and honestly running fissures is boring af and just adds to that repetitive content of running the same missions over and over with just different rewards.

Also randomized weapon drops have never been always a hassle that is just your opinion (too lazy? I dunno) look at path of exile been live for years and still going strong, they release more content faster then Moses can watch a box of his many boxes from his dvd collection (if you know what i mean). I'm also guessing you haven't played Diablo 3 or Path of Exile before you mentioned Diablo, anything that is "junk" in Diablo 3 provides crafting mats which are Hella useful which could be used in Horadric Cube and/or you can reroll stats to make it not useless, selling junk items to a merchant never happens, and in PoE you can recraft any item you find if you choose to, reroll it or collect currency from selling it (as in useful currency you need for trading or crafting items) .

I generally dislike the feeling that I'm essentially gambling to get something worth using in a game.  It's why I don't like random loot tables in tabletop RPGs (also because it means I'm with a GM too lazy to craft something interesting themselves), and while it's semi-tolerable in single player RPGs where you generally aren't going to be faced with microtransactions in multiplayer focused games it's become little more than psychological manipulation to try and squeeze players into buying those microtransactions to avoid the mercies of the fickle random number gods.   Loot crates with keys you need to buy or do a ridiculous amount of grinding to unlock in particular are something I absolutely despise.   
Let's not kid ourselves, this is EA and Activision we're talking about here.   They are absolutely going to nickel and dime us to death with every possible means.  Destiny 2 is being published by the same company that added Microtransactions to the remastered edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, a ten year old game already held to ransom by only being in an expensive bundle with Infinite Warfare, and then had the audacity to make everyone pay for all the DLC again.   Let's not kid ourselves here, forget Bungie, look at the man behind the curtain and behold Mammon the devil of greed.   I have precisely zero faith in them not trying to make the RNG drops as painful as possible to manipulate you into giving them more money when you've already paid 60+ dollars on the game.   

I similarly have no faith in EA not squeezing as much blood from the stone as possible with Anthem.   Not after the shenanigans they pulled with Star Wars Battlefront's awful DLC policies.  

The more control over the loot acquisition process I have, the better as I don't need to worry about corporate vampires trying to manipulate me into burning money.  The more RNG determines what toys I can and can't use, the more likely it is that they're trying to sucker me into spending real money to feed their grotesque hunger.  

As for Diablo, I was referring to ye olde Diablo, back in the 90s when Blizzard could actually write worth a damn before forgetting how to craft a narrative after Warcraft 3 and not remembering how to handle a story until Overwatch.  For all the good stuff you acquired in Diablo 1 and 2, you had a huge pile of stuff of little value to you that mostly existed for you to offload in the hopes of getting something more useful.   The closest warframe equivalent are probably all the duplicate common mods you pick up after a run through any mission that if you're like me, you mostly only use to transmute to get something less crap or dissolve if in need of more endo (I'm not terribly fond of how RNG dependent worthwhile mod drops are on my end but there's an easy enough to learn system to get most of them; though colour me confused as to why dual status elemental mods are tied to Spy Missions.)    

The "gambler's high" of getting something you want because the RNG decided to bless you today is in my eyes; offset by the frustration of getting yet more vendor trash.   I always greatly prefer systems where my reward for my effort is guaranteed, like the Metroid games where I can be assured that by defeating X boss or solving Y puzzle, I will get Z upgrade.   The Metroidvania lover in me actually really likes the Orokin principle challenge rooms because it appeals to that part of me that remembers being so overjoyed to solve a difficult puzzle and getting something I know will be good.   But then if I were to stay here singing praises of everything I liked about the Metroid Prime trilogy's game design we would be here until Shub Niggurath arose from her black lair and devoured the sun to begin the final age of mortals.

Why would anyone even consider playing Destiny2 after they totally screwed over all their customers who played Destiny?!?!  I am so thankful I never bought that garbage.  all those poor souls who wasted time in energy for a game that is no longer playable.   I hate when companies do that.    My biggest complaint is when you build progress in a game and something makes all that time and effort and possibly money go to waste.    so so sad.

I think we are starting to drift here..

The simple fact is for PC players there will be more options for co-op Shooters than there has been for awhile, as a PC player this is great news.

Will I Play them ? Yes ..  I don't spend a dime on Warframe anymore so buying Destiny 2 or Anthem is an easy choice for me.

People will play these games and still play Warframe. As long as there are new people playing Warframe and spending money the game will go on.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:10 AM, arch111 said:

Frankly I find it so weird that this is not in the game that it must be an oversight.

Everywhere from Doom to Gears of War to God of War to Darksiders, there are minibosses as a natural flow of the game.

I blame powercreep for it, but it can still be done, even if they may have to nullify the area a bit.

Whenever we get them, there is an outcry about difficulty in the forums and they get nerfed into just being another grunt unit.

The manic if a prime example. 

I used to love when the whole team would get close to each other when we heard the manic coming. It became an immediate objective of "kill the manic". Now I barely notice when they show up. Bursas used to be a threat to.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Whenever we get them, there is an outcry about difficulty in the forums and they get nerfed into just being another grunt unit.

The manic if a prime example. 

I used to love when the whole team would get close to each other when we heard the manic coming. It became an immediate objective of "kill the manic". Now I barely notice when they show up. Bursas used to be a threat to.

Bursas still kill me plenty because they surprise me and use the Stalker-method:

Bursa 1: The Tenno got weak weapons.

Bursa 2: Get him.