Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframe Beat What Destiny Has?

Shiru-Mirozaki

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

all I have seen is some impressive numbers 500 million in pre-orders, 20 million registered users .

You didn't see 500m in pre orders.

Let's suppose you did. 500m copies pre-ordered. 20m registered users. That's a retention of, what, 4%? That's not something you're proud of.

The Question is actually:

Can Destiny beat what Warframe has, on its second try, with all that money?

Because I want to make clear, Warframe was here first, and Destiny is trying again the same game idea and selling it as a new game. (It's more of a pet peeve but yeah Warframe is the one holding the high ground so far so don't try to flip the question).

Personally Warframe has a good history (on top of the Lore) with all the events that we paerticipated and actually helped shaped the System. Plus the level of customization in Warframe is on another level with the mod system.

What's the point of this thread? Whether or not future plans for Warframe can beat Destiny is, ultimately, pointless. I'm a human being that has the ability to play multiple games whenever I so please. That being said, from a sales perspective, I'm almost positive Destiny 2 will sell better than Warframe for the year of 2017. But that doesn't mean Destiny 2 is "better" than Warframe.

There are things that Warframe has that Destiny doesn't. There are things that Destiny has that Warframe doesn't. Neither has to best the other.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

You didn't see 500m in pre orders.

Let's suppose you did. 500m copies pre-ordered. 20m registered users. That's a retention of, what, 4%? That's not something you're proud of.

I think they might have meant 500 million *dollars* in pre-orders sales, with 20 million registered users.  Two totally different (though somewhat related) numbers.  500m copies pre-ordered would be silly.  Tetris hasn't sold that many copies yet, I think and it's one of the best selling games on the planet (not counting iOS apps.)  500 million copies would almost require every single person in America to have pre-ordered it twice.  Also, it would represent 2.5 BILLION dollars just from the $5 deposit.  At that point, I don't think they'd care if any of them ever even played it.  (The servers could never handle that kind of load anyway.)

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I think they might have meant 500 million *dollars* in pre-orders sales, with 20 million registered users.  Two totally different (though somewhat related) numbers.  500m copies pre-ordered would be silly.  Tetris hasn't sold that many copies yet, I think and it's one of the best selling games on the planet (not counting iOS apps.)  500 million copies would almost require every single person in America to have pre-ordered it twice.  Also, it would represent 2.5 BILLION dollars just from the $5 deposit.  At that point, I don't think they'd care if any of them ever even played it.  (The servers could never handle that kind of load anyway.)

I think people don't realize just how few people tend to actually be active on any game server at any given time. Even with WoW at the height of its popularity, when millions were actively playing, that doesn't mean there were actually millions online at the same time. I doubt that even at the height of their popularity, they ever had more than six figures (and honestly that's still being generous with the numbers I think) in terms of people actually online at the same time, which people don't realize is far removed not just from registered users, but even from "active" users. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Having played through Destiny multiple times and pretty much everything Warframe has to offer, I have to say, Warframe is better in my opinion, but let's get into it for fun.

Destiny has every benefit that creation by a triple A studio can bestow upon a game. It has better graphics with more visual polish, IMO better music, better voice acting (sorry Tyl...Nathan Fillion is just awesome.) Better cinematic sequences in game, and in my experience is generally less buggy, with more responsive handling in controls.

THAT BEING SAID. It's a steaming pile of waste compressed from Halo and COD. I was so excited for this game before it came out up until Activision was brought in at which point my immediate reaction was "welp, that's the ballgame..." 

After 6 hours, and mind you, that's taking your time with it, Destiny's entire gameplay comes down to "play one of three raids, which, btw, can only be played once a week, or play pvp, because COD IN SPAAAAACE".

Warframe, on the other hand, as I'm learning having restarted recently due to my ps4 having been stolen, takes a serious amount of time to complete just the story thus far, and nothing requires multiplayer to have fun.

Again, my opinion, but I feel it's an accurate portrayal.

Edited by (PS4)Kardello
thought of other stuff.

Concurrent users at launch is still somewhat related to copies sold at launch.  Obviously, it can drop off sharply (even near vertically) after that.  I think the Division lost something like 90% of the concurrent playerbase in the first couple of months after it launched.  In any case, I was just attempting to possibly clarify an apparent misunderstanding over a previous post.  And I'm fully aware that even if they had sold 500 million copies, not all of them could, or would, have ever tried to log in at once.

11 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Destiny was never meant to go on forever No AAA title does,

That will bite you back hard, take a second to think, you play Destiny 1, you're spending a lot of times getting everything and maxing every classes you want. But 3 years later you will have to buy a "new game" just to keep up and then re-grind everything again to get back what you've lost. And what's preventing them from doing the same thing again by releasing Destiny 3? You get another few new weapons, classes, but have to re-grind everything again from 0 not to mention paying them again.

You really sure this is the kind of game you want to support?

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

What's the point of this thread? Whether or not future plans for Warframe can beat Destiny is, ultimately, pointless. I'm a human being that has the ability to play multiple games whenever I so please. That being said, from a sales perspective, I'm almost positive Destiny 2 will sell better than Warframe for the year of 2017. But that doesn't mean Destiny 2 is "better" than Warframe.

There are things that Warframe has that Destiny doesn't. There are things that Destiny has that Warframe doesn't. Neither has to best the other.

the point is a guy wanted to see what people thought about this topic and thats about it

hes kinda weird like that

2 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Concurrent users at launch is still somewhat related to copies sold at launch.  Obviously, it can drop off sharply (even near vertically) after that.  I think the Division lost something like 90% of the concurrent playerbase in the first couple of months after it launched.  In any case, I was just attempting to possibly clarify an apparent misunderstanding over a previous post.  And I'm fully aware that even if they had sold 500 million copies, not all of them could, or would, have ever tried to log in at once.

If you are replying somewhat to what I said, I know you know that, I was just sort of expanding on what you said. Sorry I wasn't very good at getting that across. 

I saw some Destiny action figures at the store the other day and was sad that Warframe has yet to mass produce something like it.  The dolls were just ugly and I feel like kids would much rather have little embers or valkyrs than whatever those were supposed to be.

8 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

Only thing that will make Destiny 2 beat Warframe for me is if there's more end game content and more to do in Destiny 2.

Please don't bring up lack of content lmao

Why does it have to "best it?" I'm just going out on a limb to say that some will play it and live it more, others the same, others less, and the last group won't care.  After, SWToR I quit buying AAA titles on release and waited for the smoke to clear on releases.  I've been better off as well, because each time the releases have been subpar.  So, I'll wait for Destiny 2, and if the consensus is overwhelmingly positive, I'll give it a go, but if it's negative I'll pass.  

2 hours ago, Shiru-Mirozaki said:

I just want to gather all your honest opinions on what will be shown during Tennocon and whether or not it can top Destiny 2

Don't personally think there was any need to post a video up for the discussion honestly. No Destiny 2 is not Warframe just as Destiny 1 was not Warframe. Warframe in itself is the only game of its kind that still exists and it will still be around when D2 comes to consoles, it will still be here when D2 eventually makes it to PC as well. Paid games do not compete on the same level of a F2P game and quite frankly after watching some footage around YouTube D2 really does not interest me. Just seems like another CoD with space shooter. I played D1 on my PS3 and probably for about an hour before I said no thank you! Good thing I never had to actually buy the game!

57 minutes ago, OGodKing said:

Please don't bring up lack of content lmao

Do raids then for endless rng? Or maybe sorties for more rng? fashion frame isn't exactly end game content, there is something like 20 different arcanes for 1 run of lor, and 7 or 8+ for golem raid, there needs to be something to do, sorties aren't cutting it for me personally, raid rewards are lack luster and the raids themselves are incredibly boring, spicing them up with off meta gargle doesn't spice it up because you get the same crap as if you did it the "meta way" all in all warframe leaves a stale taste in the mouth at the moment, we could think of new ways to bring up something different, but let's continue to push out more new shiny things and neglect the elephant in the room

14 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

Do raids then for endless rng? Or maybe sorties for more rng? fashion frame isn't exactly end game content, there is something like 20 different arcanes for 1 run of lor, and 7 or 8+ for golem raid, there needs to be something to do, sorties aren't cutting it for me personally, raid rewards are lack luster and the raids themselves are incredibly boring, spicing them up with off meta gargle doesn't spice it up because you get the same crap as if you did it the "meta way" all in all warframe leaves a stale taste in the mouth at the moment, we could think of new ways to bring up something different, but let's continue to push out more new shiny things and neglect the elephant in the room

I will agree with what he said, if you are mastery rank 21 and above what do you actually get to do in the game in terms of game play? having played both games for more than 1000 hours warframe has a tighter edge but something is needed in the end to make warframe veterans hop on especially those that don't necessarily play the game for plat or fashion frame

Space themed game versus space themed game.

Both use science fiction, both are action, both takes place within the solar system. At the same time, different in terms of how the games are played and how each one is styled.

You can't directly compare the two games and or have one game beat another.

I also want to ask. Did you just register here just to start a debate on which is better? They're bother very different.

I don't care really. I have 107 games in my steam, around 7 in uplay, around 6 in Origin and 2 in battle net. I will try whatever I fancy. Most AAA titles I just buy when a sale comes along after a few months or years have passed. 

For games which at the core is multiplayer I need to be sure I have a good player base even after months or years of release. Only reason I started Warframe was cause I found it on top 10 players online list.