Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Why Try Pal said:

Does anybody have a true use for atlas nowadays? After the fix in Jv where you can't desecrate your rumblers, I haven't found a reason to use my atlas at all :( 

There is something wrong here IF that was the only reason you were playing with Atlas.  :O

He is a good defender ( Tectonic Fracture augment helps a lot ) , tank , damage dealer ( his 1st ) and CC frame. I use him for most of Infested defenses , Excavation missions , Sorties etc. His Rumblers are quite useful too.

Just now, Aeon94 said:

There is something wrong here IF that was the only reason you were playing with Atlas.  :O

He is a good defender ( Tectonic Fracture augment helps a lot ) , tank , damage dealer ( his 1st ) and CC frame. I use him for most of Infested defenses , Excavation missions , Sorties etc. His Rumblers are quite useful too.

The walls fully protect mob defense / excavator ? I would have never known. On console I've probably seen 2,3 atlas since the no desecrating friendlys.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Why Try Pal said:

The walls fully protect mob defense / excavator ? I would have never known. On console I've probably seen 2,3 atlas since the no desecrating friendlys.

You can put 3 walls around defense objectives and excavators if you use Tectonic Fracture augment.

Also health of walls scale with your hp and armor ( power strength increases hp and armor multiplers ).

People always choose cheesiest ways to play frames anyways but Atlas is more than a Rumbler spawner for Nekros's desecrate. :)

Edited by Aeon94

7 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

You can put 3 walls around defense objectives and excavators if you use Tectonic Fracture augment.

Also health of walls scale with your hp and armor ( power strength increases hp and armor multiplers ).

People always choose cheesiest ways to play frames anyways but Atlas is more than a Rumbler spawner for Nekros's desecrate. :)

I will try him out tomorrow and give him a fair chance I promise, thank you for the tips 😊

He needs to have his Petrify radiate through his Rumblers and walls to give synergy. That would make him a better stoner for the game.

I enjoy using him in Uranus tunnels while Rumblers toss rocks at Grinny. His 1 is fun for slamming into all things while being Diamond....esoecially the Toxics. Canno wait to give him a go against the new Grinny guy on Earth. 

Besides his quest is one of the only ways we get walking to Archwing. Still waiting for Archwing to walking that trailer showed us back in the day.....

his walls are unique since they functionally block enemy movement as a physical object, allowing for chokepoint blocking/funneling of enemy pathing. One thing I've done a few times is play capture missions where one cannot one-shot the capture target, and simply walled off the pathing of the capture target giving an infinite amount of time to clear the target's healthbar.

you can also pick him as a decent damage frame through landslide.

Lack of imagination.    Watch what his Rumblers do the the Raptor.    Use Walls to block in the Defense Target on sorties so they don't wander, set a specter or two to guard, then go wild.    Has a nice synergy with Limbo in Cataclysm when punching.   

he can one-punch things and make rock monsters, it's all I need!

4 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Use Walls to block in the Defense Target on sorties so they don't wander,

I never thought of this.. if I can get that Augment and make a build that'll be sortie viable, I'll have to try this!

Atlas comes at position 2 of my most used frames. I use him for everything including sortie. 

I use a speedy survival build with a large health&armor pool (vitality, steel fiber, armored ag., rapid resilience, arcane guardian), speed (rush + armored agility) and good amount of strength (transient, intesify). 

His rumblers are always helpful because they pull agro and will destract enemies. His Tectonics wall has a 3 second invulnerabilty phase. All damage absorbed in these 3 seconds is added on top of it health. Very useful when reviving team mates or when you need a few seconds to recover. Then there is of course the punch that I use situational. I always love to jump into a horde of enemies and start to push 1. 

Edited by k05h