Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Considering how they said that they have been working on PoE for that last 6 months, and with a working demo that also shows TennoCon participants within the relay/hub, I would say we could see it soon. Maybe next devstream or prime time we'll find out more.

I do not know how accurate this statement is, but the team does not want to mess up like they did with TWW.

Edited by FMZerek

I think they might break Update 22 into 3 parts again like they did Update 19: First would be Plains of Eidolon, since it's the closest to being done. Then maybe that new Female Frame will grace our presence for the second part, with her Steel Meridian  (it's gotta be Steel Meridian) quest, then, the big boom... The Sacrifice. Plains of Eidolon had a 2017 release date but The Sacrifice didn't, so that's why I think so. And just like Titania, female frame didn't have a name, but this Warframe has a model, so she's a bit further along than Titania was. And just like The War Within, we really only saw a cinematic, nothing more. So it is possible we could get Plains of Eidolon as soon July 30th, considering that it appears very complete and there were live clients in the Relay moving around at TennoCon.

The room that Umbra is standing in is an actual tile on Lua. The spaceship thing that sits on the rocks was what a few players thought to be Liset Prime (this was before the actual skin for liset came out). 

You can only step up to the outermost rock column closer to the ship. Any further steps will re spawn you back at the crevice in the wall.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

so did anyone else catch the symbolism of umbra pulling a sword from a stone ..... 

-snip-

he is the one true king !  

....sorry had to go there 

insert obligatory: Strange Women Lying in Ponds Distributing Swords is No Basis For a System of Government .gif

Edited by McDuffMan

1. Scarfs really wouldn't help many of those Tennogens.

2. Scarfs for a single frame are highly profitable? I understand Excalibur Umbra is popular, but that's too niche to profit off of.

It's part of his outfit, not an accessory.

Excalibur got some Hipster lessons and now he won't stop talking about being Vegan and Nickelback.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

1. Scarfs really wouldn't help many of those Tennogens.

2. Scarfs for a single frame are highly profitable? I understand Excalibur Umbra is popular, but that's too niche to profit off of.

It's part of his outfit, not an accessory.

Excalibur got some Hipster lessons and now he won't stop talking about being Vegan and Nickelback.

1. Oh believe me, if there's a will there's a way "looks at Excalibur Grace skin + scarf" mmmmmmm

2. Excalibur is the poster boy + new players have access to base Excalibur = they may want scarf = $$$

Hipster scarf frame confirmed 

1.) Make Demanding Title for a Post for something not yet implemented into the game.

2.) Attempt to Bribe DE with the notion that your idea will somehow make them more Money, despite the fact that They are the ones with a Development and Business team backing them up on their decisions, and you do not.

3.) Add in a final polite plea in all Caps, making it seem more Forced and Demanding in the process, ending your Post in the same way your Title started it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lNoctus said:

1. Oh believe me, if there's a will there's a way "looks at Excalibur Grace skin + scarf" mmmmmmm

2. Excalibur is the poster boy + new players have access to base Excalibur = they may want scarf = $$$

Hipster scarf frame confirmed 

Here we go with all the numbers XD

1. Don't care for Excalibur's looks. It's the premise that the scarf is unique to the skin. 

2. Standard Excalibur IS the Posterboy. He IS a starter. Umbra is not, and is a different frame with different requirements for acquisition. Allowing Standard Excalibur to have the Umbra scarf "just 'cuz" is not really plausible. Besides, with how Primes work, you'd have to wear Base Excalibur's Skin on Umbra to make that work, IF they even let you wear his OG skin.

4 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

1.) Make Demanding Title for a Post for something not yet implemented into the game.

2.) Attempt to Bribe DE with the notion that your idea will somehow make them more Money, despite the fact that They are the ones with a Development and Business team backing them up on their decisions, and you do not.

3.) Add in a final polite plea in all Caps, making it seem more Forced and Demanding in the process, ending your Post in the same way your Title started it.

1) A suggestion post for something that's coming to the game

2) My opinion as to what may happen if idea is implemented, how you believe this is a bribe is... 

3) Added sense of humor, never knew saying please was demanding or forceful - seems you need to chill a bit.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Here we go with all the numbers XD

1. Don't care for Excalibur's looks. It's the premise that the scarf is unique to the skin. 

2. Standard Excalibur IS the Posterboy. He IS a starter. Umbra is not, and is a different frame with different requirements for acquisition. Allowing Standard Excalibur to have the Umbra scarf "just 'cuz" is not really plausible. Besides, with how Primes work, you'd have to wear Base Excalibur's Skin on Umbra to make that work, IF they even let you wear his OG skin.

1. Your opinion 

2. You wouldn't be able to get Umbra's scarf until you buy or unlock him. If they release other scarfs then a new players could add it to the vanilla Excalibur 

This whole topics purpose is to give Excalibur an auxiliary slot - for scarfs 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lNoctus said:

1. Your opinion 

2. You wouldn't be able to get Umbra's scarf until you buy or unlock him. If they release other scarfs then a new players could add it to the vanilla Excalibur 

This whole topics purpose is to give Excalibur an auxiliary slot - for scarfs 

1. Of course it is my opinion, such as the OP is yours. You cannot have a debate without 2 conflicting opinions, otherwise I'd be agreeing with you.

2. Regardless of how you get Umbra, it's still Exclusive to the frame. Can't put accessories on frames that don't use them, similar to how Valkyr Prime's Prime Bonds are exclusive to her, and not her standard variant, for example. Even if it was an auxillary, magically, it'd still be locked to Umbra himself.

3. I understand you topic, I understand your view. But this is an idea and an opinion which you posted in a General Forum, as such, I will state my view and opinion right back, but will not purposefully shoot down your idea.

It's just discussion.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

1. Of course it is my opinion, such as the OP is yours. You cannot have a debate without 2 conflicting opinions, otherwise I'd be agreeing with you.

2. Regardless of how you get Umbra, it's still Exclusive to the frame. Can't put accessories on frames that don't use them, similar to how Valkyr Prime's Prime Bonds are exclusive to her, and not her standard variant, for example. Even if it was an auxillary, magically, it'd still be locked to Umbra himself.

3. I understand you topic, I understand your view. But this is an idea and an opinion which you posted in a General Forum, as such, I will state my view and opinion right back, but will not purposefully shoot down your idea.

It's just discussion.

1. Then why disagree with an opinion that has no negative sides other than you not liking it yourself (from what I can understand) It's understandable that's an opinion to not like/disagree with my opinion/idea - but is it necessary? 

2. Still doesn't disprove my point in making it auxiliary for Tennogen skins or the fact that new scarfs can be made for vanilla Excalibur since it'll create the auxiliary option for Excalibur like it does with Valkyr (like her base and prime models). 

Also, umbra model is relatively the same as vanilla - same frame model. (As far as I can tell)

3. True, you are correct. Yet I do feel as tho your first response is pure pessimism to a suggestion that won't create any problems but create more options. No offense of course.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)lNoctus said:

1. Then why disagree with an opinion that has no negative sides other than you not liking it yourself (from what I can understand) It's understandable that's an opinion to not like/disagree with my opinion/idea - but is it necessary? 

2. Still doesn't disprove my point in making it auxiliary for Tennogen skins or the fact that new scarfs can be made for vanilla Excalibur since it'll create the auxiliary option for Excalibur like it does with Valkyr (like her base and prime models). 

Also, umbra model is relatively the same as vanilla - same frame model. (As far as I can tell)

3. True, you are correct. Yet I do feel as tho your first response is pure pessimism to a suggestion that won't create any problems but create more options. No offense of course.

1. Because I disagree that it should be Auxiliary. Whether or not that affects me in any way is not really a point of matter for me, but more the fact that it represents Umbra's appearance. I can be blamed for wanting a Cloak for Nekros, but that's not happening either.

2. Mm... unsure what you mean. Valkyr Prime's bonds are not usable on Standard Valkyr. They're exclusive to her. Regular Valkyr's Bonds were added after the fact of her release and were in the market for purchase. Due to that, it works similarly to the Mortos Binds and can be used on both Valkyrs.

I'm more or less giving you the leniency of the conversation and the benefit of the doubt that they magically let it be used on Tennogen.

As for Umbra's Model, it is substantially more detailed than Standard Excalibur, with many new pointy and textured bits. Regular Excalibur is very plain looking.

3. None taken. Though again, I'm the devil's advocate of your idea. Sell to me why this should be implemented. 

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

so did anyone else catch the symbolism of umbra pulling a sword from a stone ..... 

13.png?width=913&height=436

Image result for excalibur one true king

he is the one true king !  

....sorry had to go there 

Yes I did :) and im so happy for that so so happy :satisfied:

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

1. Because I disagree that it should be Auxiliary. Whether or not that affects me in any way is not really a point of matter for me, but more the fact that it represents Umbra's appearance. I can be blamed for wanting a Cloak for Nekros, but that's not happening either.

2. Mm... unsure what you mean. Valkyr Prime's bonds are not usable on Standard Valkyr. They're exclusive to her. Regular Valkyr's Bonds were added after the fact of her release and were in the market for purchase. Due to that, it works similarly to the Mortos Binds and can be used on both Valkyrs.

I'm more or less giving you the leniency of the conversation and the benefit of the doubt that they magically let it be used on Tennogen.

As for Umbra's Model, it is substantially more detailed than Standard Excalibur, with many new pointy and textured bits. Regular Excalibur is very plain looking.

3. None taken. Though again, I'm the devil's advocate of your idea. Sell to me why this should be implemented. 

1. Alright, say that scarf is exclusive to umbra Excalibur himself, wether they allow the scarf to be auxiliary for tennogen etc on umbra is up to them, but that idea in itself is harmless as an addition and brings player choice to boot.

I preferably don't like umbra excaliburs body ornaments and much prefer caduto or graxx Excalibur body to be with the scarf for appearance - giving me and others that option would be a great addition.

2. The body may be different but size ratio should be rather the same, making it easier to implement other scarfs for vanilla/prime/umbra excaliburs.

3. My sell is that DE will make potential profit by making umbra Excalibur's scarf auxiliary for tennogen (etc) skins to be equipped onto umbra Excalibur himself for fashion frame centric people.

Secondly, creating an auxiliary spot for this scarf can open up new scarf content from content creators for umbra as well as vanilla Excalibur to wear, making another revenue gain.

Also opens up the idea of giving all frames a auxiliary of their own for specific customization of ones favorite frame.

I am all about fashion, this would give me more leniency to be unique as a player.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)lNoctus said:

8. Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

:thumbup:

For the record I agree with you, I would like to see Excal Umbra's scarf separated from the frame for better customization.

Edited by Silvus-Sol