Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(*Updated to video, no FB link) New spooky Harrow trailer!! Welp who's pumped? (Caution trailer is vary loud)

18 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Anyway, one of the most interesting things  about this is the possibility of a true Tenno NPC. Think about it, we've never seen a character like that. 

Interesting thought, never thought of it like that. I think this is going to be one of the most unique stories we have ever seen in Warframe, and I have a feeling it is going to reveal a lot more lore than a normal quest. 

I have never been this excited about something in Warframe before, or any video games story. I don't know how to explain it, but I think this is actually going to be something to remember. 

I was hoping TWW would repeat that Second Dream experience for me but it fell very short of the mark, I wonder if this may top it. 

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

As I pointed out, when you boil them down that far, what becomes apparent is not that DeadSpace is Event Horizon-as-a-game, it is that they are both 'freaky ghost ship in space' stories. At that level, DeadSpace owes just as much to Alien and Lovecraft as it does to Event Horizon.

No it doesn't. Alien didn't have anyone finding an artefact/ship that made everyone crazy. The Crew also did not stay on said ship when Kane got a facehugger kiss and left immediately. 

Alien also did not feature the crew finding a ship that had it's entire crew go haywire thanks to some malevolent force. It had a dead guy sitting in a chair.

Event Horizon and Dead space both take in place inside the ship they set off to find. I'm not boiling it down to "Oh it's a scary ship in space". I'm boiling it down to "Oh it's a ship in space whose crew has gone insane and now the rescue are slowly going insane witnessing hallucinations and end up trying to kill each other."

Alien and Dead Space are literally worlds apart. Event Horizon is basically Dead Spaces older brother.

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Interesting thought, never thought of it like that. I think this is going to be one of the most unique stories we have ever seen in Warframe, and I have a feeling it is going to reveal a lot more lore than a normal quest. 

I have never been this excited about something in Warframe before, or any video games story. I don't know how to explain it, but I think this is actually going to be something to remember. 

I was hoping TWW would repeat that Second Dream experience for me but it fell very short of the mark, I wonder if this may top it. 

It's starting to look like TSD was a fantastic backstory/prologue set-up and TWW was a "Chapter 1" set-up for something much bigger...our Tenno are very much becoming the story of Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It's starting to look like TWW was a "Chapter 1" set-up for something much bigger...

Yeah I am starting to get the idea that the coming update is WAY bigger than anyone expected, and I mean not just in terms of size or stuff they add. I think this quest is meant to be a serious bridge from TWW - Umbra Quest. I think we are going to learn a lot more about the Zariman, the operators and the nature of warframes, which will set up for the Umbra quest focusing mostly on Umbra warframes themselves and probably the stalkers origins. 

I have a feeling that while this will be a bridge to the Umbra quest, I think people are barking up the wrong tree when they expect it to have a lot to do with the stalker. It is my opinion that he won't show up at all, but I think if he does, it will only be in a very side role. I think the main idea of this quest is to tell us a little more of what we need to know about how operators and warframes work together and what the origin of warframes are, so that they won't require as much exposition to move you through the umbra quest and explain Stalker + umbra frames (Unless I am really dense, I am guessing Umbra Excal is basically the frame stalker has been using, more or less). 

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I am starting to get the idea that the coming update is WAY bigger than anyone expected, and I mean not just in terms of size or stuff they add. I think this quest is meant to be a serious bridge from TWW - Umbra Quest. I think we are going to learn a lot more about the Zariman, the operators and the nature of warframes, which will set up for the Umbra quest focusing mostly on Umbra warframes themselves and probably the stalkers origins. 

I have a feeling that while this will be a bridge to the Umbra quest, I think people are barking up the wrong tree when they expect it to have a lot to do with the stalker. It is my opinion that he won't show up at all, but I think if he does, it will only be in a very side role. I think the main idea of this quest is to tell us a little more of what we need to know about how operators and warframes work together and what the origin of warframes are, so that they won't require as much exposition to move you through the umbra quest and explain Stalker + umbra frames (Unless I am really dense, I am guessing Umbra Excal is basically the frame stalker has been using, more or less). 

I'm saying DE is going to show how Warframes are an artistic extension of WHO we are as individuals and that the nature of WHAT we are as Tenno is going to be the focus.

I'm betting that each Warframe we use is the personal expression of a single, original Tenno's Void Power, much as Rell is probably Harrow's creator.

I think it would be very cool if the Orokin merely created the manufacturing process to copy these very personal expressions of power.

The true endgame then becomes:

MASTERING OUR POWERS SO THAT WE CUSTOM CREATE OUR OWN UNIQUE WARFRAME??? (to the extent that tech allows)

29 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

The Crew

19 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Umbra quest,

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

MASTERING OUR POWERS

So I had this strange dream last night that I purchased Harrow and was able to go into the other closed door on our Orbirer. It lead down a hallway with a elevator to my right and a ramp going down to a room where the Riven Cephalone was. Then I woke up..weird huh?!

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

GUYS GUYS HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED THIS?

1. Harrow is a priest frame.

2. Red Veil wants to cleanse corruption

3. (At least in Christianity) Priests baptize people to get rid of their sin or corruption if you will.

4. Void enemies are called corrupted.

5. One of the prerequisites for this quest is Mot in the Void.

This can't be a coincidence.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I'm saying DE is going to show how Warframes are an artistic extension of WHO we are as individuals and that the nature of WHAT we are as Tenno is going to be the focus.

I'm betting that each Warframe we use is the personal expression of a single, original Tenno's Void Power, much as Rell is probably Harrow's creator.

I think it would be very cool if the Orokin merely created the manufacturing process to copy these very personal expressions of power.

The true endgame then becomes:

MASTERING OUR POWERS SO THAT WE CUSTOM CREATE OUR OWN UNIQUE WARFRAME??? (to the extent that tech allows)

This speculation has me so pumped. 

I think there is definitely some truth in what you are saying, that each original warframe is in some part created by the tenno, shaped by their own personality. This would make sense still with Ballas -- he's basically just pitching which ones he wants to mass produce and trying to get approvals. And in would make sense in terms of prime lore. DE has stated that all frames have primes, because prime is really just the original. This is confusing to people, but I think an explanation like that would clear it up for most who still don't really understand it. 

The way I see it is. If what you said is correct about how unique warframes come about, it makes sense for Valkyr Prime. Imagine she was a tenno who was particularly maddened by the Zariman disaster, that would explain the prime bonds. Even the original was a frame/tenno the orokin struggled to control. Alad V tortured her, but she was already a brutally subdued berserker for the orokin. 

It also makes sense for Harrow being Rell and Rell never leaving the Zariman, which is heavily implied already. Harrow came about as a combination of some maddened void addled being left on the ship + his own void powers and personality and just what the situation required (lots of demons so he developed priest powers). 

All of this would make a lot of things make perfect sense. 

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This speculation has me so pumped. 

I think there is definitely some truth in what you are saying, that each original warframe is in some part created by the tenno, shaped by their own personality. This would make sense still with Ballas -- he's basically just pitching which ones he wants to mass produce and trying to get approvals. And in would make sense in terms of prime lore. DE has stated that all frames have primes, because prime is really just the original. This is confusing to people, but I think an explanation like that would clear it up for most who still don't really understand it. 

The way I see it is. If what you said is correct about how unique warframes come about, it makes sense for Valkyr Prime. Imagine she was a tenno who was particularly maddened by the Zariman disaster, that would explain the prime bonds. Even the original was a frame/tenno the orokin struggled to control. Alad V tortured her, but she was already a brutally subdued berserker for the orokin. 

It also makes sense for Harrow being Rell and Rell never leaving the Zariman, which is heavily implied already. Harrow came about as a combination of some maddened void addled being left on the ship + his own void powers and personality and just what the situation required (lots of demons so he developed priest powers). 

All of this would make a lot of things make perfect sense. 

I kept thinking of the Green Lantern Corps but with the Void being the power that shapes an infested flesh template into a personalized conduit and expression of individualized power

The real question is: How could DE implement this idea?

Then I recall watching Players "mix'N'match" frame parts on the relays...😏

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

GUYS GUYS HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED THIS?

1. Harrow is a priest frame.

2. Red Veil wants to cleanse corruption

3. (At least in Christianity) Priests baptize people to get rid of their sin or corruption if you will.

4. Void enemies are called corrupted.

5. One of the prerequisites for this quest is Mot in the Void.

This can't be a coincidence.

That makes a lot of sense. So the place between the "dust and void" could it be a new node near the void by mot.... could it be the Zaramin?

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

The dust is like where we live.

The Void is the Void.

But between those two could be the Fold

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."