Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe trilogy would look like...

Sebastianx

(below is minor lore that we know and could be expanded into something bigger, SPOILERS ahead)

Spoiler

Part One:

A presentation of Orokin society and civilization, with stunning CGI and golden eye candy, while also following the beginnings of some of the Orokin main characters from the lore: Ballas, Margulis, Teshin, Ordis,etc and how the Sentients were created. Throughout the movie, we see the Grineer laborers, how cruel the Orokin are and their trade deals with the Orokin sub-group, the Corpus society. Throughout the movie, the infested will be mentioned, but they are not the main focus here. The movie ends with a line that invokes the feeling of tension, possibly war between the Orokin and the Sentients, leaving it all on a cliff hanger.

Spoiler

Part Two:

A more action based movie, yet still lore rich with how the Orokin vs Sentient war went down, and how Zariman 10-0 came to be, but also a look at how warframes came to be, how the Tenno were put in their dream-like state, forcing them to forget their lives and how they were made to believe the Warframes is their life/body/purpose. More Orokin vs Sentient action where the Warframes win the war for the Orokins and then, at the end, when the grand celebration is happening, another cliff-hanger, this time letting us know that when the next movie comes out Warframes are going to slaughter the Orokin.

Spoiler

Part Three:

Making a 180 to what you'd believe would happen from the ending of part 2. The last movie starts of with the Lotus, how she came to be, her connection with the Sentients, and how she started saving as many Tenno as she could, hiding them on the moon and sending the moon into the void, and then going back to where part two left off, the Warframe start slaughtering the Orokin, a lot of characters we grew attached to will die some pretty horrifying deaths to add to the drama and make even the manliest of us cry. Everything now settled down, most of the Orokin defeated, Tenno safe in the void, Orokin remains scattered everywhere across the solar system (as we already see in the game, this will need to be explained in the movie as well).

Then for the grand finale, linking the movie to the game, we see a "X years into the future" and how a Grineer vessel is preparing to embark on a journey to a Orokin Vault on Earth, and then we see a familiar face, Vor, holding the void key that we all know, opens the door in the beginning of the game from where our Warframe falls on the ground. Fin.

That would make the best candidate for a Warframe movie in my opinion. It is a trilogy because there is just too much lore to cram in 1 movie, to explain so much, and for characters to still have a good growth without everything feeling rushed if it were 1 movie.

What would you like to see in a Warframe movie?

I can imagine a mini series or a cartoon series but hardly can visionalise a full 2-3 hour film because that would be still not enough to explain the game's lore itself. Also the game is still in developement and noone knows exactly what stories will be added and what they wish to add to the game.

But I am not against it at all if the director also playing the game and know the main poins of this game. "grind" :) just kidding it is still better than that.

Warframe the Movie

Come and witness the horrible bloodbath as the Tenno warriors fight for what right....but mostly for whats valuable.

Shockingly emotional, see throught the eyes of the grinner as they are murdered for polymer what in their daily rations or watch as the entire squad turn into meatchunks infront of a corpus tech.

Watch the eternal struggle amd the endless torture as everybody who have died returns to continue the fight again and again for something what does not drop. Their suffering will never end.

Book your tickets now!

I think the absolute best way to "see" the old days would be to mess with the Tenno's memories. Many games have done it already, they can go with full-blown scenes like in Dark Souls 2 or with small but detailed rooms like in Fallout 4. Movies are cool, sure, but I don't think DE has the money to pull one off yet.

First part - Raise of Tenno

Second part - Heavy metal grineer raising

Third part - Tomb of orokin

Ps : Joke aside we need before novels and books / comic books. After that if the material is good enough for filming we could make a film or some from Warframe.

"grind intensifies"

Edited by Sziklamester

9 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I think the absolute best way to "see" the old days would be to mess with the Tenno's memories. Many games have done it already, they can go with full-blown scenes like in Dark Souls 2 or with small but detailed rooms like in Fallout 4. Movies are cool, sure, but I don't think DE has the money to pull one off yet.

I know, DE isn't Blizzard size to make a Warcraft movie yet... But let's say in 5 years warframe gets increasingly more popular and DE has the funds and decides to make money from the movie while also bringing in a heavy amount of new players into the game. 

I would like to Warframe 2 be like in this picture: 

Story:
Just another day by killing corpus, grineers, infested, corrupted and trading or moving in relays.
The Dark arrived in the galaxy no lights, all connection lost, not working Warframes, not working archwings, no connection to Ordis, nothing. Just the light of the sun.
Some Tenno that crushed into the relays managed to Simaris, asked what is going on, why everywhere is dark and nothing is working?
Symaris: I known this day would come.
Corpus launched their biggest and secret project against Warframes, "Verdict eradication" whole galaxy was hit by huge corpus EMP Bomb. So everything has been destroyed by corpus.
Tenno1: Then why you are still working?
Symaris: I was prepared for that, My sanctuary is immune to EMP bombs thanks to my technology. But Tenno listen, that can be the end of Warframe the end of you, the end of galaxy. Corpus have anti EMP technology too... and now they are going to exterminate Lotus.
Tenno2: What?! How, where they got information's about her location?!
Symaris: I don't know from where, but I know they are moving. My Scanners sense large group of corpus ship moving to one location.
Tenno3: We have to stop them!
Symaris: How? You can't go anywhere without your ship or Archwing.
Tenno4: So, what?! Are we going to sit here and do nothing, while Corpus is going to exterminate Lotus?!
Symaris: I'm sorry Tenno but, there is really nothing we can do.
???: I heard everything. Maybe I could help.
Tenno1: ...Darvo... do you have a plan?
Symaris: And what is your plan without your technology?
Darvo: He he, you will be suprised. For a long time I was working for a special project, I wanted to create on my own, new Warframes, but I wasn't managed to do that, because Warframes are more complicated than I though. The EMP bomb has been hit by whole Galaxy. But my project was maded in the room which is protected by any electromagnetic or electro impulses, totally izolated.
I think that my project isn't finished yet but almost, we could have a deal Tenno.
Those suits, aren't as powerful as your Warframes, but in this suit your physical strength and speed will be greatly improved.
It's risky but, it's the only way to save Lotus. Do you want to do it?
Tenno3: Of course!
Tenno2: We all are prepared to risk our lives.
Darvo: Symaris, prepare similacrum to test I'll bring the suits.

After reaching to the place where lotus is and going through corpus army at the end this big machine from the video is standing on the way, as a boss ^^

I'd love a series focused on lore and not some individual "chosen one" Tenno that has to save the universe with a love interest. Although, it does feel like the cinematic quest are doing just that.

It should be like Pulp Fiction or something. 

4 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

(below is minor lore that we know and could be expanded into something bigger, SPOILERS ahead)

Reveal hidden contents

Part One:

A presentation of Orokin society and civilization, with stunning CGI and golden eye candy, while also following the beginnings of some of the Orokin main characters from the lore: Ballas, Margulis, Teshin, Ordis,etc and how the Sentients were created. Throughout the movie, we see the Grineer laborers, how cruel the Orokin are and their trade deals with the Orokin sub-group, the Corpus society. Throughout the movie, the infested will be mentioned, but they are not the main focus here. The movie ends with a line that invokes the feeling of tension, possibly war between the Orokin and the Sentients, leaving it all on a cliff hanger.

Reveal hidden contents

Part Two:

A more action based movie, yet still lore rich with how the Orokin vs Sentient war went down, and how Zariman 10-0 came to be, but also a look at how warframes came to be, how the Tenno were put in their dream-like state, forcing them to forget their lives and how they were made to believe the Warframes is their life/body/purpose. More Orokin vs Sentient action where the Warframes win the war for the Orokins and then, at the end, when the grand celebration is happening, another cliff-hanger, this time letting us know that when the next movie comes out Warframes are going to slaughter the Orokin.

Reveal hidden contents

Part Three:

Making a 180 to what you'd believe would happen from the ending of part 2. The last movie starts of with the Lotus, how she came to be, her connection with the Sentients, and how she started saving as many Tenno as she could, hiding them on the moon and sending the moon into the void, and then going back to where part two left off, the Warframe start slaughtering the Orokin, a lot of characters we grew attached to will die some pretty horrifying deaths to add to the drama and make even the manliest of us cry. Everything now settled down, most of the Orokin defeated, Tenno safe in the void, Orokin remains scattered everywhere across the solar system (as we already see in the game, this will need to be explained in the movie as well).

Then for the grand finale, linking the movie to the game, we see a "X years into the future" and how a Grineer vessel is preparing to embark on a journey to a Orokin Vault on Earth, and then we see a familiar face, Vor, holding the void key that we all know, opens the door in the beginning of the game from where our Warframe falls on the ground. Fin.

That would make the best candidate for a Warframe movie in my opinion. It is a trilogy because there is just too much lore to cram in 1 movie, to explain so much, and for characters to still have a good growth without everything feeling rushed if it were 1 movie.

What would you like to see in a Warframe movie?

And the grind? and the grofit? where do you put those important aspects of the game?