The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

Posted · Hidden by [DE]Rebecca, July 19, 2013 - Rude
Hidden by [DE]Rebecca, July 19, 2013 - Rude

To all tards complaining about additional WF points

F.......K YOU!!!

F........K  wait for it  YOU!!!

If it is too easy for you play with non moded WF/weapon  on nightmare, have fun dieing and don't spoil the game for the rest of us.

I'm almost positive that the reason auras now increase capacity is because you plan to allow some way to use the less than ideal mods (retribution, resistance mods)  Well played.

If they add more mod slots to frames then It would be fine and then my time would not have been wasted, I do hope they add Some very expensive mods to the game as an alternative to more slots, something that really makes you need the extra mod points

I have to disagree with this assessment, Steve.

It does break builds. No, not by making the same combination of mods impossible, but by adding so many points that any trade off we formerly had to make is gone. I can have any build, on any of my frames now, without any real concern for polarity.

You didn't break them by making them too hard to do, but by making everything irrelevantly amorphous.

I'm not outright opposed to a buff in the light of the possibility of more challenging content, but I humbly disagree with the way you have executed it.

I understand that there is a lot of trial and error still going on and I am okay with this. It's a beta, and we all knew this before getting into the game.

I still firmly believe that handing people 14 extra mod capacity is serious overkill. If you are going this route, at least reduce the cost/bonus of mods to equal their rank and/or (preferably and) reduce the bonus for polarity to 50%. This would still result in 7 points for a maxed mod of same polarity.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

Personally I don't mind the boost Aura gives too much, but I thought that, logically, if you want to keep the capacity increase, wouldn't it be better to make it so that when you level up the Aura, it reduces the amount of capacity given?

With regular mods, the drawback of leveling them up is that it will cost more in terms of capacity. Therefore, if you're not going to forma/potato your weapon and warframe, you'll have to manage that with different ranks of mods in order to achieve full effectiveness for your playstyle.

However, with Auras, you have no reason NOT to level them up as much as possible, since having it higher will give you more capacity points.

I think that it would be better if, at unranked, it gives a certain amount of capacity points. As you rank it up, you increase the effectiveness of the aura, at the "cost" of having less of the extra capacity (maybe giving one or zero at maxed rank). I think this could be the beginning of a balancing idea that can please most people, especially since Auras stack with other people's. It will also avoid buffs like 14+ bonus capacity for a new Warframe just because they have a maxed aura with the right polarity.

This is a very good idea!

Please refer to my last post in this thread... I wish people would realize that you guys can't just wave an Amphis and please everyone all the time, and no human being is perfect, so fixing and perfecting new game dynamics systems takes time. And just because you(players) threw some money into the game doesn't make you CEO of Digital Extremes, therefore you can't expect them to do everything you want to the game, especially if it's a bad idea in the long run. Rome wasn't built in a day, everyone. Give DE a break!

+ 1. I highly doubt that DE would have introduced the aura mods increasing capacity if they didn't already know what they want players to do with those new mod capacities, especially with those players who they know forma'd their frames a zillion times. I mean, they're not brain-dead people who are throwing random new things at us. And they cant reveal everything that they want to do with the mods all at once. Why? Because they're still working on the Raptor, and the Sorbek, and the Seer parts, and the foundry UI, and the clan systems, and the crashes, all at once while still trying to give us new content to keep us interested.

:S

It still amazes me that they manage to chuck in little new things like the squad and their loadouts being on screen while applying hot fixes to numerous problems. Not to mention, these things are continuously being improved.

Please don't victimize the admins out of frustration with how things currently are, especially since we know that they never leave us hanging. at the end of the day, we all love the same game.

I got so many bugs now, it's impossible to play. Here are some:

- falling "under the map": if got stuck and tried to get out with "decoy" and "switch teleport" will sometimes cause you to fall down under the map. You won't be able to come up.

- infinite extraction: happened 3 times on these "destroy that reactor" missions on Mars: if enemies are attacking while glitching and you reach extraction, you won't be able to do anything and your screen will show black screen and your character falling animation

- "ghost" mobs: killed mobs do not "die" nor drop anything but still do damage

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

Had an idea to alleviate this issue. Upgrading auras should reduce the amount of capacity gained from them. This would mean you get a better effect in return for reduced capacity. This would add back some build options. Not ideal, but it would make sense. Upgrading should always have a tradeoff.

Had an idea to alleviate this issue. Upgrading auras should reduce the amount of capacity gained from them. This would mean you get a better effect in return for reduced capacity. This would add back some build options. Not ideal, but it would make sense. Upgrading should always have a tradeoff.

As much as I'm totally loving having so many extra points, this makes sense to me. If you guys do decide to look for a middle ground I think something like this might be the direction to go.