The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

13 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

No idea what to expect on this post, but I need to make things clear: Plains of Eidolon can't be "Delayed" because there was never a set date. You can't delay something unless it had a predetermined schedule. 

Now, I know people will say "But DE said it would be for September." but that was never set in stone, that was them HOPING it would be out by then. 

So far the only "date" they've actually announced is that it'll be out in Autumn (Fall), so if you want to complain about it being DELAYED, your date will be December 21st (The first day of winter!) 

Thanks for your time everyone! Just be patient, DE is working hard to bring us a more polished and fun experience for all of us! Rushing would only lead to disaster.

the trailer in tennocon said "This summer" so you are technically wrong

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Winter starting the 1st is due to there being meteorological and astronomical seasons, both marked by specific weather conditions, temperatures, or length of the days.

Northern Meteorological Seasons

To be consistent and to make weather forecasting easier, meteorologists divide the year into 4 meteorological seasons of 3 months each:

Spring - from March 1 to May 31;

Summer - from June 1 to August 31;

Fall (autumn) - from September 1 to November 30; and,

Winter - from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year).

I only did a simple google search, I honestly didn't know! Thanks mate! 

2 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

You might have to link that one too me, the trailers I'm seeing are all saying "2017"

It says "Late summer" and honestly i didn't expect it to come out just 2 months after tennocon anyway. From DE's side i didn't hear any actual ETA though and i'm glad for it. I'd rather not have an ETA than getting lied to or experience another "Umbra comes out in december 2015". For once, it doesn't feel that painful to wait.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

It says "Late summer" and honestly i didn't expect it to come out just 2 months after tennocon anyway. From DE's side i didn't hear any actual ETA though and i'm glad for it. I'd rather not have an ETA than getting lied to or experience another "Umbra comes out in december 2015". For once, it doesn't feel that painful to wait.

The ending title? It's dating 2017 there, or does it say in the small script at the bottom? Hard to see when I'm on a phone haha! 

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

The ending title? It's dating 2017 there, or does it say in the small script at the bottom? Hard to see when I'm on a phone haha! 

Rather from the video description lol. Let me quote for you:

"Plains of Eidolon opens up a brand new massive zone for all Tenno this Summer. This will be one of the largest updates Warframe has ever had in the 4 years the game has been out. DE has never been shy about updating their game with 21 updates (not counting patches or bug fixes) since the launch of the game in 2013. That is a feat very few games can say they have accomplished and a free to play game it is unheard of. The developers take pride in making a game that is ever evolving and not shying away from something new and different. With PoE players will get to explore on their own terms and build weapons like never before. This new update is set for late summer of 2017. "

Edited by IceColdHawk

6 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

to late , it already got DEleyed , it was supposed to come out this week or atleast whats what DE wanted

Again, not set in stone. Don't see any trailers, not even the hype site, they're only hoping it can be out, if they don't reach complications. 

3 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

The longer DE goes without updates, the less people play. I'm sure they won't put it off longer than absolutely necessary.

Sometimes it's better to weed out those kind of people that can't have faith in DE and can't hold their patience. Most would just return anyway when the update drops. 

Edited by FashionFrame

Just now, Shalath said:

Given they have said no more updates until PoE they must think they are very close to shipping. When they said that I figured 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, it's assumptions currently. I honestly thought it meant it would be close as well! Hopefully there's no game issues as they work in PoE hahahaha (nervous laughter) 

Just now, Scttxx said:

as long as they dont pull another TWW im fine tbh.. although if the update takes forever to come out i probably would lose interest in it 

well, there is other video games to play while you wait. Don't have to sit in the game constantly, just try to make time fly with other activities.

Just now, RayPerth said:

It's simple, if they put another update that isn't PoE then it is consider delay, or we'll see how long will this no update last until PoE.

but they're not breaking any dates, they only stated "This fall." Delaying is increasing time on a set period, if that make sense. But I get what you're saying, it would kinda "break promise" if they brought out a update before PoE when they said they wouldn't, but I can't really say that's a delay.

5 hours ago, TheBlueHero said:

Im here just cuz of your ign. Soooo rare. LOL
and since when does winter begin on 21st? wasnt it 1 december?

Astronomical spring: 21.3 - 20.6

Astronomical summer: 21.6 - 22.9

Astronomical autumn: 23.9 - 20.12

Astronomical winter: 21.12 - 20.3

Meteorological spring: 1.3 - 31.5

Meteorological summer: 1.6 - 31.8

Meteorological autumn: 1.9 - 30.11

Meteorological winter: 1.12 - 28/29.2

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/meteorological-versus-astronomical-summer—what’s-difference