Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So um....Ballas has officially been welcomed into my nightmares.

TheGodofWiFi

I actually like his design. He has a strangely divine beauty to him -almost like a fallen god. Furthermore the combination of both roman/Japan influences really embodies the Orokin aesthetic of sovereignty being of divine origin I.e the ceasar clan claiming to be Demi-God descendants of Mars Ultor and the Japanese Emperors being addressed as Tenno (king of heaven or, Heavenly King) being descendants of the Sun Goddess- living gods  

16 hours ago, Viktoriana said:

Timeline wise it doesn't seem to make sense to me for the Tenno to have been Orokin at all, a post fall of the empire codex entry mentions the Orokin not having children. Also, I've noted that for all the gold and ivory, the Tenno were "buried" in black. 

Anyway he does have a few ancient like qualities, and we know from another codex entry that some Orokin did become them (neural relay augmented twin healers). But I think it's degradation in terms of genetic redundancy, Ordan Karis's memory mentions death being temporary for the Orokin, I presumed akin to the Cephalons they could back up their identity and put it in another body. 

Considering the infestation is basically a weaponized cancer from their normal biomechanics. Maybe his base material just ain't holding up. 

Also. I theorize the warframes are mentally hollowed out humans that we see in cryopods, changed by technocyte for purpose. 

Maybe umbra warframes are made out of Orokin. Dying Ballas. 

+1 @Viktoriana Great connection with the Ancients!

Explains those arms:

latest?cb=20140305114455

Maybe this was a deliberate genetic selection. I am recalling the console operators from Ghost in the Shell (although these were cybernetic):

GITS-Cybernetics_clip_image004.jpg

After all, an Executor would probably be responsible for the administration of the empire, spanning the whole Sol system. And we know that Orokin classes had distinct genetic imprints. That hand would be needed for all the endless emails and reports :crylaugh: Not a wide stretch, either, given that arachnodactyly exists in present day human genetic variation.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

A long while ago, someone brought up the idea of leaving the lotus to go fight for Ballas. If this was ever the case, I'm still joining his side.

I wanna killem both. The only one I trust is Teshin at this point in time. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

That messed up arm reminds me of the Ancient ones' extended arm. On the other note, does his face look too feminine to anyone else? It has me a bit confused, although it might be that through the centuries of Continuity he picked up traces of all his previous host bodies or the Continuity itself might cause the body deformation.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would be interesting if you can explore the living tower and find him lurking around in there. Perhaps he survived the Tenno massacre and the fall of the empire, causing him to hide in an abandoned tower. It would explain why he looks like death on account of him not finding a new body to swap into.

1 minute ago, Lakais said:

I do not like the design. It's not symmetrical. One of the main descriptions of a high rank Orokin has always been that they are impossibly symmetrical. 

Just because his design isn't symmetrical, doesn't mean it isn't Orokin.
This is after all, the only concept we've seen. This may not even be the Orokin's true form.