Jump to content

lukinu_u's Workshop - Khora Mithra is done !


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

It would be cool if you could make a skin for him with that helmet?

For halloween stuff, I will make only helmets because full skin require a lot more work and I want to make sure I can finish it and do the potential requested changes if it's close to acceptation.
 

21 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think a trinity mithra would be a really nice skin , you'd have a lot to work with because of the skirt and the broken back wings 

I quickly talked about how I will choose the warframes I work on but I will clarify.

I first try to work on warframe that dont really have cosmetics such as Ivara (before she get an alt helment and 2 skins), Wukong, Inaros, Titania, etc...
But I will not work on warframe I'm already satisfied about current design. For example, Trinity and Banshee are warframes that dont have much Tennogen love but they both own my 2 preferates Deluxe skins, so I will probably never do a skin for them.
I also, obviously, tend to work on warframes I like (Mirage and probably Saryn in the future, even with the bunch of cosmetic she already have).

I will also class all current existing warframes (excluding those I worked on) in 4 category :

  • The next warframes I will work and already made some concepts : Inaros, Mag, Octavia, Saryn, Titania, Wukong.
  • Those I want to work on but dont already have ideas : Chroma, Equinox, Nezha, Nidus, Valkyr.
  • Those I dont plan to work on but may do : Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Harrow, Hydroid,  Limbo, Loki, Mesa,  Nekros, Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Vauban, Volt, Zephyr.
  • Those I will defenetly not work on :  Ash, Banshee, Trinity.
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

For halloween stuff, I will make only helmets because full skin require a lot more work and I want to make sure I can finish it and do the potential requested changes if it's close to acceptation.
 

I quickly talked about how I will choose the warframes I work on but I will clarify.

I first try to work on warframe that dont really have cosmetics such as Ivara (before she get an alt helment and 2 skins), Wukong, Inaros, Titania, etc...
But I will not work on warframe I'm already satisfied about current design. For example, Trinity and Banshee are warframes that dont have much Tennogen love but they both own my 2 preferates Deluxe skins, so I will probably never do a skin for them.
I also, obviously, tend to work on warframes I like (Mirage and probably Saryn in the future, even with the bunch of cosmetic she already have).

I will also class all current existing warframes (excluding those I worked on) in 4 category :

  • The next warframes I will work and already made some concepts : Inaros, Mag, Octavia, Saryn, Titania, Wukong.
  • Those I want to work on but dont already have ideas : Chroma, Equinox, Nezha, Nidus, Valkyr.
  • Those I dont plan to work on but may do : Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Harrow, Hydroid,  Limbo, Loki, Mesa,  Nekros, Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Vauban, Volt, Zephyr.
  • Those I will defenetly not work on :  Ash, Banshee, Trinity.

Nidus paladin look for example: VFedwLA.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished scuplting, low poly mesh and baked normal base normal map of the Atlas helmet. I will add some asymetrical reilef later on the head base on texturing because symetrical sculpting was easier.
1501417323-wip1.jpg

 

24 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Nidus paladin look for example: VFedwLA.jpg

About Nidus, I will probably go for a non infested skin, with a Tenno/Orokin look if his body geometry allow it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Wait... Octavia? Gurl. At least let me see the concept!

Even if I have the idea in mind there is no drawn concept. I initially planned to do only an helmet but will probably do an entire skin to have more freedom because the mandaccord design is a bit hard to reproduce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Finished scuplting, low poly mesh and baked normal base normal map of the Atlas helmet. I will add some asymetrical reilef later on the head base on texturing because symetrical sculpting was easier.
1501417323-wip1.jpg

It looks great. I love it! I would definitely consider play Atlas with a helmet like this. I am looking forward to seeing the coloring. :laugh:

EDIT:

Quote

Those I want to work on but dont already have ideas : Chroma, Equinox, Nezha, Nidus, Valkyr.

I do have some concept ideas for Equinox helmets/skins if you are looking for some inspiration. Of course I expect you to put your own spin on it. Otherwise it wouldn't be you and that wouldn't be fun. :satisfied:

Edited by (XB1)RAG is NAROK
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished and posted the Atlas helmet, here is the workshop page :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096071212

Some picture inside this spoiler :

 

1501498069-image1.jpg1501498070-image2.jpg1501498071-image3.jpg1501498072-image4.jpg

 

 

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

I do have some concept ideas for Equinox helmets/skins if you are looking for some inspiration. Of course I expect you to put your own spin on it. Otherwise it wouldn't be you and that wouldn't be fun. :satisfied:

Inspiration is always welcome :)

Edited by lukinu_u
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2017 at 8:34 PM, lukinu_u said:

After DE's feedback, I drew some concept about future changes on the Mithra skin and came up with this :
1500596822-miragemithra-armorpaintover2.

The fact I had to add some solid parts on the energy armor is a bit sad but honestly, I think it look better now (hope it will be same after on the final model after texturing).

About the helmet, I just added some metal part but will probably totally reshape the back, but dont really know how, so I'm open for suggestions.
 

It look different from the original one, but it still is the base Mirage model (exept the helmet, of course).

I love everything about the new design..especially the helm, the back looks really cool in the concept..hope you stick with that.

My only suggestion would be maybe consider adding a transparent aspect on the torso/chest area.  Right now it looks a little flat compared to the rest of the body/helm.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to play it in game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)I420t said:

I love everything about the new design..especially the helm, the back looks really cool in the concept..hope you stick with that.

My only suggestion would be maybe consider adding a transparent aspect on the torso/chest area.  Right now it looks a little flat compared to the rest of the body/helm.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to play it in game.

 

No need for that new skin is amazing and i dont playe mirage but i like a alote his creative desain.im not big a fan of atlas but,this skin can be amazing if he create helmet and body from left and legs from right...SnR3hsj.png

Edited by Vlada91
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)I420t said:

I love everything about the new design..especially the helm, the back looks really cool in the concept..hope you stick with that.

My only suggestion would be maybe consider adding a transparent aspect on the torso/chest area.  Right now it looks a little flat compared to the rest of the body/helm.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to play it in game.

I tryied to not add too much details on the torso to allow more customisation with sigils and chest armor without merging with existing details in a bad way.
 

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

No need for that new skin is amazing and i dont playe mirage but i like a alote his creative desain.im not big a fan of atlas but,this skin can be amazing if he create helmet and body from left and legs from right...SnR3hsj.png

I will not make a full for the Atlas helmet I made. It would be too much work for something that most of people dont really like.
The idea was a to make only an infested helmet to contrast with rest of the body, a bit like when you use an infested weapon or something else that dont really fit with your stuff and honestly, I dont really have idea for the body since I just wanted to do an helmet.
 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Like ragnarok I had a concept for an Octavia helmet. But I knew no one would care so I never posted it.

How I said, inspiration is always welcome, so if you dont care about making profit of your idea, you can post it here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I just finished and posted the Atlas helmet, here is the workshop page :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096071212

Some picture inside this spoiler :

  Hide contents

1501498069-image1.jpg1501498070-image2.jpg1501498071-image3.jpg1501498072-image4.jpg

Inspiration is always welcome :)

First off I just wanted to say that I love how the helmet looks. Do the tentacles move on their own? Probably not but it still looks really awesome. Honestly if I had any creative tennogen talent I would totally try to make a tentacle helmet like this for each frame... and would probably still fail to do anything as good as this.

Great job. :highfive:

---

As for Equinox below is some ideas I did have for her, but please keep in mind that I am just trying to throw some creative juices your way. I by no means expect you to recreate any of these. I am merely sharing my ideas and thoughts, nothing more.

  • Smaller Helmet: one of the things about Equinox that kind of saddens me is how a lot of her helmets seem rather large. It would be interesting to see her get a helmet that is more ash/excalibur sized. Something small yet feminine.
  • Medusa/Gorgon theme: when I use Equinox I generally focus around use her ability Rest &Rage, augmented by the Calming Frenzy allowing her to "petrify" anything enemies around her. As a result I have kind of thought of Equinox as my medusa frame so a medusa/gorgon themed helmet/skin would be cool. I do have a thread discussing such a concept for a helmet if you are interested here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/823815-equinox-medusa-helmet-concept/
  • Spider theme: Rest & Rage does have an interesting webbing effect, so a spider themed helmet/skin could be awesome.
  • Another tentacle head: wouldn't complain about that.
  • Life and Death: One thing everyone says about Equinox is she is the yin and yang. A being of opposites. While I do agree with this I personally don't think this should restrict the creativity around the frame. However here is a concept in case you wanted to do just that. Have the Day Form be death (because it does all the damaging/killing effects) and have the Night Form be life (because of all the healing/debuffing effects).
  • Red & Wolf: One thought I had for an Equinox helmet was a helmet based around the fairy tale: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. In this concept the day form is the wolf (or something that looks like an abstract wolf), the night form would have the hood and the composite form would be the hood with the wolf sticking its head out.
  • Glass/Energy Skirt: I really like your Mirage Mitra skin and I do hope it makes it into the game at some point. My thought was perhaps there could be a skin for Equinox where in the nightform you have the same energy/glass effect that you have one Mirages knee guards.

---

Wow, that was actually a lot more ideas then I realized. Sorry about that.

Well, I will be looking forward to the tentacle atlas helmet and the mitra mirage skin. I will also be looking forward to seeing you create an Equinox skin (when you get around to it) because I would love to have an Equinox skin from all my favorite Tennogen creators.

Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope everything goes well for you. :satisfied:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

how about day and night

 apollo and Artemis         : then you could fuse em with

greneer and corpus

Technically Equinox is already day and night. As for Apollo and Artemis is has already been stated by DE that Equinox is female.

Personally I am not a big fan of Equinox being an combination of grineer and corpus, not only because that would be stepping on Faven's toes (because of his graxx skins), or that it would be a pain for the creator to make both sides destinctly different, but then you would limit the chances of someone creating a Graxx Equinox skin and a Corpus Equinox skin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

😑1 I'm using the day and night as a category 

2 by a apallo I mean generally sun themed like the sun god. 

3 thats the Artemis side depicted as corpus and the apollo as greneer

the middle form is a blend of the two.

just because faven makes greneer skins don't mean he owns the style 

 

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

😑1 I'm using the day and night as a category 

2 by a apallo I mean generally sun themed like the sun god. 

3 thats the Artemis side depicted as corpus and the apollo as greneer

the middle form is a blend of the two.

just because faven makes greneer skins don't mean he owns the style 

 

I suppose I don't mind the idea of a skin that fleshes out the idea of the sun and moon.

As for the Graxx skins it isn't so much that Faven has a monopoly on grineer as it is that he has the most experience making grineer skins.

Honestly I just would rather have two separate skins for the corpus and grineer factions over one skin that combines the two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

As for Equinox below is some ideas I did have for her, but please keep in mind that I am just trying to throw some creative juices your way. I by no means expect you to recreate any of these. I am merely sharing my ideas and thoughts, nothing more.

  • Smaller Helmet: one of the things about Equinox that kind of saddens me is how a lot of her helmets seem rather large. It would be interesting to see her get a helmet that is more ash/excalibur sized. Something small yet feminine.
  • Medusa/Gorgon theme: when I use Equinox I generally focus around use her ability Rest &Rage, augmented by the Calming Frenzy allowing her to "petrify" anything enemies around her. As a result I have kind of thought of Equinox as my medusa frame so a medusa/gorgon themed helmet/skin would be cool. I do have a thread discussing such a concept for a helmet if you are interested here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/823815-equinox-medusa-helmet-concept/
  • Spider theme: Rest & Rage does have an interesting webbing effect, so a spider themed helmet/skin could be awesome.
  • Another tentacle head: wouldn't complain about that.
  • Life and Death: One thing everyone says about Equinox is she is the yin and yang. A being of opposites. While I do agree with this I personally don't think this should restrict the creativity around the frame. However here is a concept in case you wanted to do just that. Have the Day Form be death (because it does all the damaging/killing effects) and have the Night Form be life (because of all the healing/debuffing effects).
  • Red & Wolf: One thought I had for an Equinox helmet was a helmet based around the fairy tale: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. In this concept the day form is the wolf (or something that looks like an abstract wolf), the night form would have the hood and the composite form would be the hood with the wolf sticking its head out.
  • Glass/Energy Skirt: I really like your Mirage Mitra skin and I do hope it makes it into the game at some point. My thought was perhaps there could be a skin for Equinox where in the nightform you have the same energy/glass effect that you have one Mirages knee guards.

 

22 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

how about day and night

 apollo and Artemis         : then you could fuse em with

greneer and corpus

For the Equinox skin, I dont have precise idea but I will probably do something in the line of my Mirage skin for night form and something a bit different for the day form.
Making a Grineer/Corpus Equinox, it's a nice idea but I dont really like Grineer Technology and some people will probably do it better (Faven_PS, for example).

About my futur work (I dont remember who asked and if it was here or on the Atlas helmet comments), I will probably dont do more Halloween submission, finish the Mirage skin rework and start Saryn or Wukong skin.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I suggest you do wukong. I think hitsu san is already working on a saryn skin.

ps: that corpus greneer mash up would prolly be best done as a collaboration between faven and frelling hazmot as they both make quality skins from the factions. Also considering faven doesn't want to do an equinox skin cuz of all the work... this could be an interesting alternative 

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...