Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone even care about the lore anymore?

KisaPrime

4 minutes ago, KisaPrime said:

The title alone is a red flag on their rant. 

"All seems infected that the infected spy, as all looks yellow to the jaundiced eye."
-Alexander Pope

Which is a flowery (and also indirect, since the quote is specifically pertaining to the nature of hypocrisy) way of insinuating that the title of your own thread was a bold red flag.

I have to say, though, I'm surprised that some of the same kind of people who got collectively shat upon by proxy on that thread are dismissing your concerns out of hand on this thread. It seems progress has been made.

3 minutes ago, KisaPrime said:

You are switching armor sets. 

In the second dream though your warframe pulls the sword out of itself without your operator controlling it.

that means the warframe's have to be alive in some way since you bleed when hit with a slash proc instead of sparking like moa's or other robots in game do.

unless of course there is some vital piece of information I missed.  Or I could just be wrong about the whole thing. its been a while since I played the second dream and read up on warframe's lore.

5 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

"All seems infected that the infected spy, as all looks yellow to the jaundiced eye."
-Alexander Pope

Which is a flowery (and also indirect, since the quote is specifically pertaining to the nature of hypocrisy) way of insinuating that the title of your own thread was a bold red flag.

I have to say, though, I'm surprised that some of the same kind of people who got collectively shat upon by proxy on that thread are dismissing your concerns out of hand on this thread. It seems progress has been made.

If you think that asking people if they still care about the lore is a bold red flag, believe what you want. 

No clue what you mean about "I have to say, though, I'm surprised that some of the same kind of people who got collectively shat upon by proxy on that thread are dismissing your concerns out of hand on this thread. It seems progress has been made." 

Edited by KisaPrime

3 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ballas not matching your aesthetic = nobody cares about lore. Logic.

Just some examples not really aiming at those specifically. 

Key word here being examples and not aiming at those specifically. 

Just now, KisaPrime said:

If you think that asking people if they still care about the lore is a bold red flag, believe what you want. 

"Does anyone even care about the lore anymore?" is not a question, it's an accusation disguised as such, and what you're accusing DE's story writers of boils down to not caring about/following your interpretation of the lore, which evidently conflicts with the actual lore.

An equally appropriate title would be "How dare you contradict my head-canon?"

Just now, Dreddeth said:

"Does anyone even care about the lore anymore?" is not a question, it's an accusation disguised as such, and what you're accusing DE's story writers of boils down to not caring about/following your interpretation of the lore, which evidently conflicts with the actual lore.

An equally appropriate title would be "How dare you contradict my head-canon?"

Is it wrong to ask that when talking about lore with others but then hearing how they don't care if it doesn't add up with the existing lore. To help you get a better idea and to stop digging so deep in what I wrote, though that doesn't mean you will believe anything I say. I have adhd and Asperger, I don't disguise stuff like this because it never crosses my mind. Question pops up and I ask it, though I will fail to explain to well enough for most people. 

Edited by KisaPrime

40 minutes ago, KisaPrime said:

With Rhino's lore that's about the Operators being rushed into transference by the Orokin and went insane for a bit. Which is why rhino ends up stopping infront of the Tenno and starts to look at it's hands and coming Tenno coming back to their senses. 

Second dream if you notice the warframe lights up just like when an Operator gives it power to start up. Which it does that before it starts to move, which could hint that another Operator could have taken over that. Though most likely you will dismiss that theory. 

For that first part, I suppose that means that the rudimentary intelligence of the warframe would have been animalistic, not unlike the Infestated creatures.
Hmm... I had actually forgotten about that second bit.
This has I M P L I C A T I O N S. I shall figure them out later. Thanks for point this out, good sir/madam.

Edited by OmegaShadowcry
-awkward shuffling-

3 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

For that first part, I suppose that means that the rudimentary intelligence of the warframe would have been animalistic, not unlike the Infestated creatures.
Hmm... I had actually forgotten about that second bit.
This has I M P L I C A T I O N S. I shall figure them out later. Thanks for point this out, good sir.

I'm not a dude. 

1 minute ago, KisaPrime said:

Is it wrong to ask that when talking about lore with others but then hearing how they don't care if it doesn't add up with the existing lore. 

So some random edgelord who hates his operator and (probably) wants to personally kill the Lotus doesn't care about the lore because they're still bitter about the Second Dream.

Is that indicative of DE's official stance on the lore, or even just the collective stance of the small percentage of players that are active on the forums, let alone the player base as a whole?

Absolutely not.

4 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

So some random edgelord who hates his operator and (probably) wants to personally kill the Lotus doesn't care about the lore because they're still bitter about the Second Dream.

Is that indicative of DE's official stance on the lore, or even just the collective stance of the small percentage of players that are active on the forums, let alone the player base as a whole?

Absolutely not.

With DE it's more about the concept art that they did themselves that troubles me on that. 

That's why I asked the question, to see if everyone else thought the same and didn't care if it made sense or matched up. 

Though it seems a certain amount of people do not like the Operators being teenagers and they're not being angsty. Sure at first during the war within they come off like that but they acted like that because they didn't understand what the Queens and teshin were talking about. Which if you heard someone talking about eating you and other stuff that sounds like a threat on your life, most would be in that kind of state of panic probably. Then at the end they tell the Lotus that it doesn't matter if they were kids that doesn't validate any excuses she gave to make them feel better. They started to act more mature once they finally understood the truth and took action. Though it's sad when a good amount of people can't look past the teenage part. :( 

Edited by KisaPrime

10 minutes ago, KisaPrime said:

With DE it's more about the concept art that they did themselves that troubles me on that. 

That's why I asked the question, to see if everyone else thought the same and didn't care if it made sense or matched up. 

Again, there's no established canon for how the Orokin Executors themselves looked, and in any case nobody has information as to the context of that specific piece of concept art, such as the point in time or circumstances that it is supposed to represent, so this thread is one hell of a knee-jerk reaction, to say nothing of the conclusion you've implicitly come to judging by your accusatory choice of title.

You're seeing inconsistencies where none have been proven to exist. Which is not saying that the lore is without its problems, because some of the old stuff (like how Warframe used to maybe sort of be the far future of Dark Sector) just doesn't add up, and there are about three different versions of Alad V running around. On the other hand, that single piece of concept art is not just the only visual reference we have for Ballas at any point in time (and could easily be from after the empire's fall), but also the only visual reference for any Orokin Executor period.

So let's wait until we have actual information rather than tilting at windmills.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

11 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Again, there's no established canon for how the Orokin Executors themselves looked, and in any case nobody has information as to the context of that specific piece of concept art, such as the point in time or circumstances that it is supposed to represent, so this thread is one hell of a knee-jerk reaction, to say nothing of the conclusion you've implicitly come to judging by your accusatory choice of title.

You're seeing inconsistencies where none have been proven to exist. Which is not saying that the lore is without its problems, because some of the old stuff (like how Warframe used to maybe sort of be the far future of Dark Sector) just doesn't add up, and there are about three different versions of Alad V running around. On the other hand, that single piece of concept art is not just the only visual reference we have for Ballas at any point in time (and could easily be from after the empire's fall), but also the only visual reference for any Orokin Executor period.

So let's wait until we have actual information rather than tilting at windmills.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me. I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His voice thundered, “The principles are clear. Your sentence is death. May the Void forgive you.”

This is in the Detron Crewman codex. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Detron_Crewman

DE already stated that warframe isn't connected to dark sector. 

Edited by KisaPrime

The lore is being constructed as we speak. The game is literally still in development and things will be subject to change or even be omitted. We've had several events and operations right now that are completely meaningless to anyone joining the game after it's conclusion. There's no reason to worry about it too much until the game takes it's final shape. 

3 hours ago, KisaPrime said:

Do you even care if the lore even makes sense or fits with the other lore that's already in the game?

to answer your question, different people care about the lore at different level (and that even change overtime with the same person). Thus, they would care more if they feel DE really invested in the lore, and care less when they feel DE just making S#&$ up as they go.

Also, about the concept of ballas, since it's just a concept for now, is subject to change and may never got release, so i won't go forward and say it's official lore just yet.

7 hours ago, KisaPrime said:

DE already stated that warframe isn't connected to dark sector. 

They never stated any such thing. They have been steadily moving away from direct DS references, but the company line from very early on has always been it's a spiritual predecessor to WF.

When they've been asked straight out how DS fits into things, they always waffle around and you get the spiritual predecessor rejoinder.

One reason DS keeps coming up is the lack of information about the early Orokin Empire and the fact we have no timeline of events in the WF universe. As DE fills this stuff in, I suspect any references to DS will become irrelevant; hence the spiritual predecessor, which it certainly is.

going by the thread title, no I do not care about lore, never have and never will, don't think I've ever even read lore in warframe lol hell I didn't even know this game had lore

Edited by cghawk